Hoover on CSS

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the team that wants it more and works ahrder wins it

Let's see then. I was a lineman when I played. Let's say I busted my butt and every day and let's say we take a couple of my favorite lineman Joe Jacoby on offense and Dexter Manley on defence. If you don't know these guys I'm sorry, I'm old. Anyway these guys have been retired for a while. Are you saying if I worked harder than these guys I'd be better than them. Bottom line is working hard will improve yourself, but it will not always make you better than someone who has more God given talent. As far as the wanting it more, I beleive that is just a coaches way to get to some people. I just can't believe that Smyrna wanted it anymore than any other team this year.

Well could maryville beat hoover now?

Maryville would beat Hoover. Hoover is good but so is Maryville. This would be a great game but in the end, Maryville by 10. I would like to see this and other match-ups happen for Maryville. I'm not saying they would beat every team in the nation, but it would be good for the program to get so much deserved national respect. I have watched alot of teams in nation play and i think Maryville could beat some and get beat by others.

Let's see then. I was a lineman when I played. Let's say I busted my butt and every day and let's say we take a couple of my favorite lineman Joe Jacoby on offense and Dexter Manley on defence. If you don't know these guys I'm sorry, I'm old.

I know who those guys are. Are you a Redskins fan? Man those were the days, I always pull out the VHS tapes and watch their Super Bowl victories. Manely was a force to deal with on defense, along with Charles Mann.

Now back to Hoover. They have a great program but they got beat by the better more talented team. Wilson took a shot in the 3rd quarter and after that he was shakened. Prattville needs to get some national recognition. They have some studs on that team. No team in Tennessee would be able to beat them this year.

Lakeland shouldn't have won their 3rd straight championship. They blew a 35 point 4th quarter lead and should of lost in OT. One of the most exciting games I have ever seen.

I know who those guys are. Are you a Redskins fan? Man those were the days, I always pull out the VHS tapes and watch their Super Bowl victories. Manely was a force to deal with on defense, along with Charles Mann.

Now back to Hoover. They have a great program but they got beat by the better more talented team. Wilson took a shot in the 3rd quarter and after that he was shakened. Prattville needs to get some national recognition. They have some studs on that team. No team in Tennessee would be able to beat them this year.

Lakeland shouldn't have won their 3rd straight championship. They blew a 35 point 4th quarter lead and should of lost in OT. One of the most exciting games I have ever seen.

Huge Redskin fan here. Don't forget #65 Dave Butz.

there were 30,000 at the game and most people in the state picked prattville to win it.. they have a bunch of guys returning next year also

To start the year, I think Hoover was #1 and Prattville #2. But when Hoover lost to John Curtis, didn't Prattville take the top spot and stay there for the rest of the year?

no prattville stayed number 2. that is what motivated them to beat hoover there Sr. class has only lost 3 games and it would always be a close lose to hoover or opelika in the playoffs. so them being number 2 with a 14-0 record keep them hungry. Well I LOVE MARYVILLE AND THINK THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE BUT I PROMISE I HAVE SEEN MARYVILLE PLAY PLENTY OF TIMES BUT THERE ARE2-3 TEAMS IN ALABAMA THAT CAN BEAT THEM IN MY OPINION EASILY... hoover, prattville, opelika...those three are pretty equal teams... i