Who is the best Coach in Tennessee?

Icy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he has to have the knowledge being that he played at Lipscomb. Was Don Meyer still there when he played? I'm just looking at what he accomplished at Dyer County. I know he kicked a bunch of people off the team that really had no other chance in life without basketball. To me coaching is about changing people and less about rules and dictatorship.

A true coach can mold individuals into what they need to become.

As for his career prior to Dyer County, how successful was he?

I know he has to have the knowledge being that he played at Lipscomb. Was Don Meyer still there when he played? I'm just looking at what he accomplished at Dyer County. I know he kicked a bunch of people off the team that really had no other chance in life without basketball. To me coaching is about changing people and less about rules and dictatorship.

A true coach can mold individuals into what they need to become.

As for his career prior to Dyer County, how successful was he?

he lost at hillsboro but turned the attitude around. he never won big at harding either. he will win at sycamore because of the kids and his relationship to athletic director tim ray for whom he worked. both are class gentlemen.

With a screen name like Jesus is Lord, I want to believe you realize without rules there is chaos. As a coach, you are preparing players for life as well as sports. In life society is not going to bend rules or allow people to do whatever because of what they do not have. In fact life is harder on the ones with less. Teach your players discipline, attitude and character and that will carry them farther in life than anything. You look at all successful coaches and they are strong disciplinarians and that trickles down to the players.

I'm not saying that coaches don't need discipline. I'm saying that to mold them that you don't need to discard them. You keep turning a key until you find the right one. I don't think a Coach should ever give up on a kid. Coaches are measured by the differences they make in lives. Maybe he is one of those coaches, but I saw alot of kids from Dyer County fall by the wayside that could have been saved.

I'm not saying that coaches don't need discipline. I'm saying that to mold them that you don't need to discard them. You keep turning a key until you find the right one. I don't think a Coach should ever give up on a kid. Coaches are measured by the differences they make in lives. Maybe he is one of those coaches, but I saw alot of kids from Dyer County fall by the wayside that could have been saved.

I am saying Eric Moore he meets all of the qualifications above the only problem is that he he is a middle school coach but to answer the question I dont know thats hard to say because I only see a limited amount of teams

Obviously yall have not hear of Coach Randy KING from the Boro. He is probably one of the best if not the best in all of Tennessee. He has had I believe 15 straight seasons with 20+ wins or something crazy like that. He has his kids in order too they never have discipline problems or bad grades.

Obviously yall have not hear of Coach Randy KING from the Boro. He is probably one of the best if not the best in all of Tennessee. He has had I believe 15 straight seasons with 20+ wins or something crazy like that. He has his kids in order too they never have discipline problems or bad grades.

I am going to agree with a couple of names that have been put out there. I want to point out what is being asked. The question is "Who is the BEST coach in Tennessee?" Not really good, not pretty good, the BEST.

I agree with the name above being on the ballot. I have met this man, and he is one of the finest individuals I have come across.

Here are some names on my ballot.

Terry Tippett current ECS coach, but also won championship at White Station (just a few anyway) and Trezvant (I believe, maybe Treadwell, cause I always get those schools mixed up).

Jimmy Adams - Raliegh Eqypt, won two state championships at Memphis Central in the 80's. coached some on the college level. He may have some more accomplishments I do not know about. But at RE, since the 2003-2004 season his teams have only lost 9 games in over 3 seasons counting this year.

Jerry Peters - MUS, the man has stayed at one school, and won over 900 games, done a great job. Only flaw, no state championships.

Randy King - Oakland, constant contender, always in the hunt, again only flaw, no championships.

I agree there are some good ones in West TN, and throughout the state. Rudesill at Bolivar is one. With two championships he has to be close to being on the list. But I would like to see someone that has done things for 10 or more years. That show more consist results.

Now I challenge everyone that continues to post, but some facts up about your nominations, and let us see some names of the BEST coaches, not the really good ones. Start a new thread for the up and coming coaches.

I am going to agree with a couple of names that have been put out there. I want to point out what is being asked. The question is "Who is the BEST coach in Tennessee?" Not really good, not pretty good, the BEST.

I agree with the name above being on the ballot. I have met this man, and he is one of the finest individuals I have come across.

Terry Tippett current ECS coach, but also won championship at White Station (just a few anyway) and Trezvant (I believe, maybe Treadwell, cause I always get those schools mixed up).

Jimmy Adams - Raliegh Eqypt, won two state championships at Memphis Central in the 80's. coached some on the college level. He may have some more accomplishments I do not know about. But at RE, since the 2003-2004 season his teams have only lost 9 games in over 3 seasons counting this year.

Jerry Peters - MUS, the man has stayed at one school, and won over 900 games, done a great job. Only flaw, no state championships.

Randy King - Oakland, constant contender, always in the hunt, again only flaw, no championships.

I agree there are some good ones in West TN, and throughout the state. Rudesill at Bolivar is one. With two championships he has to be close to being on the list. But I would like to see someone that has done things for 10 or more years. That show more consist results.

Now I challenge everyone that continues to post, but some facts up about your nominations, and let us see some names of the BEST coaches, not the really good ones. Start a new thread for the up and coming coaches.

"Westtnballer" ---MUS, Treadwell, White Station, Bolivor. Raleigh Egypt..... could you be anymore biased?