Ooltewah vs McCallie

tk20football

5A in Tennessee is really really clearly the best in Middle TN. Look at the state titles and you will see.

2A, 3A, and 4A, east is dominant.

Is Ooltewah seriously playing Whites Creek? A weak 4A team. How Boring.

I would love to see Ooltewah play McCallie, though our region should be highly improved next year with a probably normal Oak Ridge, better William Blount, and Sterling-led Farragut. I can't see us going undefeated again, but I do have high hopes (State Championship calibur).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But of course FB, you are the expert :thumb:Maryville is clearly dominate. BUT 4a is in no way better than 5a in East Tennessee. IMO of course :) Also how are they CLEARLY better in Middle TN when Ooltewah lost by 3points in the semifinals. And anyone at the game...,which by the way I know you weren't because you were at your beloved Maryville's game, knows that Smyrna and Ooltewah were even. One team had to lose and that was the Owls in the last seconds. Then Smyrna beat Ravenwood soundly in the finals. Soooo how can they be CLEARLY better. Just wondering OH GREAT ONE. ;)

Took the thought right out of my head.

5A in Middle TN is clearly better than in East Tennessee IMO. I am also convinced 4A is even better in East Tennessee than 5A is.

East Bracket the past 6 years..

2000 Red Bank (state champs)

2001 Riverdale (state champs)

2002 Riverdale

2003 Riverdale

2004 Riverdale (state champs)

2005 Oak Ridge

2006 Smyrna

Riverdale is the only reason mid-state is stronger than east in 5a....

Somewhat true, but they got that way by playing TOUGH teams. It also helped the other teams in the Region as they had to play UP to compete with R'dale. A PRIME example is Smyrna this year! To keep facing the tough opponents it is sometimes necessary to go out of your comfort zone. IE. the Ohio trip by R'dale last year that chickened out this year to the re match and thusly the Game with McCallie. You know the team just across town from the owls that can't seen to get a game together. I figure in 2007 that McCallie will be down due to graduation of a truly great QB that would have picked the owls secondary to pieces this year. After all look at what lil ole Sonny Gray did to them and BJ was even better!

Ooltewah like some other schools in the east will NEVER get better until they get out of their comfort zones. IE Dobyns-Bennett is another prime example.

Any team will not get better until they stretch their boundries and actually try to be better than anyone else. Or like the OLD saying goes: Either Put up of shut up.

Seems we were on game better than you were this year :o

Somewhat true, but they got that way by playing TOUGH teams. It also helped the other teams in the Region as they had to play UP to compete with R'dale. A PRIME example is Smyrna this year! To keep facing the tough opponents it is sometimes necessary to go out of your comfort zone. IE. the Ohio trip by R'dale last year that chickened out this year to the re match and thusly the Game with McCallie. You know the team just across town from the owls that can't seen to get a game together. I figure in 2007 that McCallie will be down due to graduation of a truly great QB that would have picked the owls secondary to pieces this year. After all look at what lil ole Sonny Gray did to them and BJ was even better!

Ooltewah like some other schools in the east will NEVER get better until they get out of their comfort zones. IE Dobyns-Bennett is another prime example.

Any team will not get better until they stretch their boundries and actually try to be better than anyone else. Or like the OLD saying goes: Either Put up of shut up.

Hahaha... Please be kidding me... THere is a lot more to Ooltewah vs. McCallie... Why doesn't Riverdale every play the private schools in mid TN???? Look at RIverdale's schedule the past couple of years and tell me who from "your" region has given them fits beside this years Smyrna? Seriously.... When was the last time Riverdale got beat in the Region before this past year?? Also, Smyrna had 300 total yards of offense on 55 plays to Ooltewah's 450. Look at what Ooltewah's QB did to Smyrna... 420 yards passing.. Sonny Gray had 167 yards passing on Ooltewah and 70 yards of it came on the last play of the first half... I think the East is just as strong as Middle but there is one team that is usually stonger than everyone and that is Riverdale. Riverdale is the reason mid-state 5a is stronger than east....

Hahaha... Please be kidding me... THere is a lot more to Ooltewah vs. McCallie... Why doesn't Riverdale every play the private schools in mid TN???? Look at RIverdale's schedule the past couple of years and tell me who from "your" region has given them fits beside this years Smyrna? Seriously.... When was the last time Riverdale got beat in the Region before this past year?? Also, Smyrna had 300 total yards of offense on 55 plays to Ooltewah's 450. Look at what Ooltewah's QB did to Smyrna... 420 yards passing.. Sonny Gray had 167 yards passing on Ooltewah and 70 yards of it came on the last play of the first half... I think the East is just as strong as Middle but there is one team that is usually stonger than everyone and that is Riverdale. Riverdale is the reason mid-state 5a is stronger than east....

The biggest reason is that the EX Coach would not schedule them. He would scrimmage them but NOT play them when it counted, ie the usual MBA scrimmage every year. That is why alot of folks are glad we have Coach A now. He will play anybody as long as they are tough and will challenge the program to get better.

As to air yards against Smyrna, R'dale managed to beat them once this year 49-0 with exactly 0 air yards as we did not even attempt a pass in that game. The second game with them they made the adjustments that were necessary and beat us. Just like they beat y'all. :thumb:

Do y'all play Baylor? Seems they are close also and will give y'all a good game. At least they would be tougher compitition than a little 4A school from Nashville. Would be a better gate also.

Is the mascot an Owl or a chicken? I know they both have feathers. :thumb:

Edited by Lost Old Dad

Why isn't RIVERDALE playing them again? You know the thing about it all is schools are split for a reason. Why play private schools if you don't have to? Look at Riverdale last year. Why would you want to open your season against a team that recruits players and get beat . Don't you think Ooltewah plays a tough enough schedule?. Do I think Ooltewah could beat McCallie next year...who knows. I would say yes. Why do you play teams of their caliber? To get better would be the main reason and for the gate. I think it is also a statement about playing private schools. I do know they are really hoing Red bank will play them. The other dates are filled with Maplewood and Whites Creek who are both great teams.Do you really think it is all about playing the toughest teams you can find every game?? Look at William Blount's schedule next year. They have Dobbins Bennett, Ooltewah, Farragut, Maryville, Mcminn. You have to think about injuries as well playing teams you don't have to play. Youre season has to be considered and the goal is to make it to the Clinic Bowl healthy and win that! Just my opinion.

Mapelwood & Whites Creek are not great teams. They could be refered to as above average teams in some years and average teams at best other years. If you wanted to play a good public school teams from Middle Tennessee you would play one of the top 4 teams in the Ravenwood region.