1A 2007 PRESEASON TOP FIVE

reddevilmascot

oldeagle, i agree with the return of marco dailey at mt. pleasant they will be tough to beat, hampton will suprise some people. loosing jonathan and adam hurt us a little but some players are going to step up and suprise some people. i'm sure fcs will be competitive being that they are a private school and everything, i would love for hampton to meet them in the playoffs again this year. gordonsville is a team to watch out for they are a good all around team from what i saw last year they could beat any team in the state on a given night. tc is always going to be a good ball team expecially come playoff time due to their excellent coaching staff. hows your boys at cosby going to do this season oldeagle?

The boys are workin hard over here in Cosby. We will be breaking in a new Qb but we get most of the starters back on the line and backfield and hardly lost anything off of an already outstanding Defense. Region 1 should be very competitive again next year.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also think region 1 will be strong this year, cloudland will be much improved, they dont accept failure and thats a great thing thing, i hope they have a good season and beat unaka to death. it would be nice if one of us 1a schools could get a gold ball in east tn where it belongs. i'm expecting cosby to be good again this year if they can get that qb broke in they play with alot of heart, good luck.

Bruceton lost by 21 to TCA, who lost by 5 to Lake County, who lost by 4 to JCS. What is odd is that Bruceton only lost to lake county by 2. I don't know what the story is behind it is but i really don't see an argument for Bruceton claiming a spot in the top 10 (let alone the top 5)

I think that Mt. Pleasant and Jo Byrns both get alot more press than the region 7 and 8 teams, and that might make the hype for their games much higher and a bigger letdown if they loose, but make no mistake that they can compete if in the right mood.

Hampton continues to suprise me and i doubt they will finish at only 6-4.... but regardless i will say that the chances of a region 1 or 2 team knocking off a 3-4 team and making it to state are 100 : 1 .

Bruceton beat Lake county by 2

Here is my list.

1. Friendship Christian

2. Trinity Christian

3. Mt. Pleasent

4. Trousdale Co.

5. Union City

FA is losing way too many starters to be a preseason pick, but dont count them out, they always have a good team in Sommerville. (Bruceton will be good out of the west, but they lack the ability to be two deminsional. They run the ball almost every play, and defenses can key on that. The teams that go to State, will be the two teams who can stay two deminsional and play good defense. My pick for the bowl is Trinity Christian and Frindship Christian, again.)

A little P.S. for all the people that hate on Private schools, I dont know about FC, but TCA only has around 200 kids in the highschool. Most every team the play next year has double the students that TCA does.

Another note about TCA, is that they play an extreamly difficult schedule next year. They only have 4 region games and those four teams are the only 1A teams that they play. TCA plays Lexington, Chester Co., USJ, JCS, and St. Benedict. This schedule, will test TCA and help them prepare for what we hope will be a deep play-off run. :o

My top five are......

1. South pitt. ( a lot of maturing going on, look for a deep run into playoffs)

2. Gordsville(a great all round team, lots of talent)

3. Mt. Plesant(Can't deny ole' marco, He's good)

4. Jo bryns( great team)

5 Trousdale( grrrrreat tradition)

There are a few others but these are the teams I believe will make a deep run in the playoffs this coming year! Good luck to all

Here is my list.

1. Friendship Christian

2. Trinity Christian

3. Mt. Pleasent

4. Trousdale Co.

5. Union City

FA is losing way too many starters to be a preseason pick, but dont count them out, they always have a good team in Sommerville. (Bruceton will be good out of the west, but they lack the ability to be two deminsional. They run the ball almost every play, and defenses can key on that. The teams that go to State, will be the two teams who can stay two deminsional and play good defense. My pick for the bowl is Trinity Christian and Frindship Christian, again.)

A little P.S. for all the people that hate on Private schools, I dont know about FC, but TCA only has around 200 kids in the highschool. Most every team the play next year has double the students that TCA does.

Another note about TCA, is that they play an extreamly difficult schedule next year. They only have 4 region games and those four teams are the only 1A teams that they play. TCA plays Lexington, Chester Co., USJ, JCS, and St. Benedict. This schedule, will test TCA and help them prepare for what we hope will be a deep play-off run. :o

They may only have 200 students but when 150 are handpicked athletic males you can build a great 1A football team , which is why there is a multiplier and why you seen 2 privates in the 1A championship last year.

They may only have 200 students but when 150 are handpicked athletic males you can build a great 1A football team , which is why there is a multiplier and why you seen 2 privates in the 1A championship last year.

I love that the information that there is 150 handpicked athletic males is based on the fact that there are 45 - 50 guys on the football team......

1. Gordonsville

2. Friendship Christian

3. Mt. Pleasant

4. South Pittsburg

5. Hampton

6. Trousdale County

7. Lake County

8. Fayette Academy

9. Bruceton Central

10. Silverdale

11. Trinity Christian

12. Union City

13. McKenzie

14. Collinwood

15. WaterTown

Sleepers - Cosby, &Midway

Edited by EastTnCoachTeach

• 1 month later...
The other 100 is divided up into Basketball, Baseball, Golf, Tennis, and Cheer leading. LOL. :D ....cheer leading??? thats a little too far, sorry. :)

Two words..................SELECTIVE ENROLLMENT.............private schools dont actually recruit, they just decide who gets in and who doesnt. If your son stinks at football then he goes to the back of the line. How sad. :) Thats just another "Life Lesson" that should be exploited on TLC.

Surprise Teams To Watch

Silverdale- Coach Allen was known for his uncanny ability to "Get Transfers" at LFO. Everyone in the area better watch out because all those transfers will be eligible. 1-9 in 2005, 4-6 in 2006, at least 8-2 in 2007.

Do these transfers have names?? Ive heard some of them just came from David Brainerd... :D

just curious which two teams will beat them in '07?