1A 2007 PRESEASON TOP FIVE

reddevilmascot

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with Croz on this one. Hampton really tries to pound the ball in there, but once that is stopped they are effectively gone offensively. It is just the difference of far east style football and middle tennessee football.

Hampton had a horrible game last year against FCS. They did not try to pound the ball as much with Jaynes after Townsend got hurt. They drilled teams in the playoffs with the aerial attack. But I would love to see Hampton and Gordonsville play for the public school state title...

Hampton had a horrible game last year against FCS. They did not try to pound the ball as much with Jaynes after Townsend got hurt. They drilled teams in the playoffs with the aerial attack. But I would love to see Hampton and Gordonsville play for the public school state title...

I realize that you feel they played a horrible game against FCS last year but even with that being said. They did not try to pound the ball straight up, but i saw running strictly inside the tackles on first down with the exception of a second and long when they would run a sweep to the wide side of the field. That is what i saw. Once they were down i believe about 14-0, they attempted their arieal attack and it consisted of a 3-9-2 overall performance for a grand total of 39 yards. If you look at only what the starting QB did it was a 3-7-0 overall performance for a grand total of 39 yards.

They had a very good offensive and Defensive line, but the problem with both sides of the ball was speed. On Defense they held FCS rushing to almost nothing and then FCS spread the defense out and starting getting 8 yards a pop with speed alone.

It played about the same way for FCS on defense. They held Hampton to very little and i really feel like had hampton tried to spread the field out they could have opened up a few more lanes.

But this is not about FCS it is about what would happen if hampton played gordonsville for the supposed "public school title" completely forgetting all about mt. pleasant or trousdale county who were both also put out by privates.

But this is not about FCS it is about what would happen if hampton played gordonsville for the supposed "public school title" completely forgetting all about mt. pleasant or trousdale county who were both also put out by privates.

Well at least SP wasn't put out by a stinking private :angry::angry::angry: . I saw the Ville and Hampton both play and Hampton would not have fared any better against them or TC for that matter. I think Hampton didn't look that good because FCS was just a better, faster team.

Edited by zonepirate

Yeah i wouldn't have said that... unless all hampton fans are on the baseball board or something this will probobly start a nice little fun argument.

Hey, I'm just a neutral observer in this argument. Just watching the game and calling it like I saw it. Need something to liven this place up anyway.

Hey, I'm just a neutral observer in this argument. Just watching the game and calling it like I saw it. Need something to liven this place up anyway.

I want to try really hard not to argue that much on coachT. But all that really happens is that i start to argue and use alot of facts that can be backed up. Oh well... i think you have been there too at some point :angry:

Yeah i wouldn't have said that... unless all hampton fans are on the baseball board or something this will probobly start a nice little fun argument.

You'll not get an argument from me , although I would say that you dont know the outcome of a game until its played. Anyway, FCS had an awesome team. We couldn't do much, but our guys played their hearts out. We have to work extremely hard to compete with you guys. I think our kids know that, hopefully they will answer the challenge. Good luck to all region 3 and 4 teams this year.

You'll not get an argument from me , although I would say that you dont know the outcome of a game until its played. Anyway, FCS had an awesome team. We couldn't do much, but our guys played their hearts out. We have to work extremely hard to compete with you guys. I think our kids know that, hopefully they will answer the challenge. Good luck to all region 3 and 4 teams this year.

huh... here i thought i had a group of fans figured out and one of the goes and suprises me.

To hampton as a whole i have to say that i thought they did play very hard and of course had to play very hard to get where they were. There are numerous threads on this site about hampton training hard and it is a very admirable thing. Best of luck in getting back to the semi-finals for the THIRD year in a row (that is really awsome by the way). I hope the FCS will get the chance to travel up to your place in the semi's. Best of luck.

FCS will be fair, but the one to look for next year in 1-A is Gordonsville Tigers. They will be loaded and they are due. FCS is not deep enough, not much two way talent there ;)

I would much rather have 22 one way talent than to only have 11 two-way talent. Comming off the field for a little air does have it's advantages come the fourth quarter with about 17.6 seconds left.....(was that too soon?? i think mabey that was a little too soon).