Boyd Buc 2007

reaction

How do people think the Bucs will be in 2007.

Schedule is below. Still has some pretty good non region games, but nothing like the past 2 years brutal schedule. Hathaway, Justin Headden, and Darius Jones will be some impact loses. I think the QB position will be fine with the 2nd string from this year getting a lot of game experience, especially against Tyner.

Week 0 CAK (away)

Week 1 Meigs Co. (away)

Week 2 Marion Co. (home)*

Week 3 Grace Academy (away)

Week 4 open

Week 5 Red Bank (home)

Week 6 Bledsoe Co. (away)*

Week 7 South Pitt. (home)

Week 8 Sequatchie Co. (home)*

Week 9 Loudon (home)

Week 10 Tyner (away)*

* means region games.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do people think the Bucs will be in 2007.

Schedule is below. Still has some pretty good non region games, but nothing like the past 2 years brutal schedule. Hathaway, Justin Headden, and Darius Jones will be some impact loses. I think the QB position will be fine with the 2nd string from this year getting a lot of game experience, especially against Tyner.

Week 0 CAK (away)

Week 1 Meigs Co. (away)

Week 2 Marion Co. (home)*

Week 3 Grace Academy (away)

Week 4 open

Week 5 Red Bank (home)

Week 6 Bledsoe Co. (away)*

Week 7 South Pitt. (home)

Week 8 Sequatchie Co. (home)*

Week 9 Loudon (home)

Week 10 Tyner (away)*

* means region games.

looking forward to the meigs vs boyd game week number 1--will be very interesting to see if meigs can play with a team like boyd, especially early in the year---what does boyd have coming back from last year are they young or do they have alot coming back or will they be rebuilding.

I see them winning 6 or 7 games for sure this year with a chance at 8 or 9.

The schedule is better but still some tough teams on there. Filling the holes of the seniors will be the big thing. I hear that the QB is going to be good. If they have anyone that can be half the player Hathaway was then they are going to be in fine shape this season.

I see them winning 6 or 7 games for sure this year with a chance at 8 or 9.

The schedule is better but still some tough teams on there. Filling the holes of the seniors will be the big thing. I hear that the QB is going to be good. If they have anyone that can be half the player Hathaway was then they are going to be in fine shape this season.

I feel your prediction of around 6 or 7 games that Boyd can for sure win.

A couple of the games could go either way, witht he toughest test being Red Bank on the schedule i would assume. I'm not sure how Meigs Co. will be in 2007 after a pretty good season in 2006. Anyone have any info on them? Not sure what CAK has to offer. We played them once the year we won state and beat them pretty easily, but that has nothign to dow ith what will happen in 2007. The South Pitt game will be a battle like always and could go either way. How will Loudon be this year also? I know they lose the Hawkins kid that is going to UT. Any other threats for 2007. Boyds record should reflect more of how good or bad Boyd is with this new schedule. Even though it was pretty interesting for other people to try and get a read of how good Boyd was with a 3-7 record goin into the play offs last year. B)

looking forward to the meigs vs boyd game week number 1--will be very interesting to see if meigs can play with a team like boyd, especially early in the year---what does boyd have coming back from last year are they young or do they have alot coming back or will they be rebuilding.

Boyd will return a lot of starters from last years team. The O Line will be very seasoned. Loosing 2 seniors there. Returning starters are Alex Burroughs at Left Tackle, Reese Davis Left Guard, Cole Webster at Right Tackle and Cody Thomas or Matt Anderson at Tide End. Personally I could see Cody playing Center also. He does the long snapping now. QB will be good, if he works hard. He has a lot of ability. Starting Fullback is also returning also. We don't have a Peardon or Hathaway type player so that hurts. Passing game will miss Headon for sure. Bottom Line, Boyd lost several skill players that will be hard to replace, but the O Line and D line along with Line Backers will be better next year. Offense and defense returns 6 or 7 starters each.

I don't see anyone on the schedule we can't beat. I'm not saying we will go undefeated, but we can beat anyone on our schedule if we play well. Yes, that includes Red Bank.

Ya i knew the lines would be experienced due to a lot of underclassmen playin a lot of minutes this year. Will help to have Cody back from injury also. He was a good TE but also heard he could play center as well. Will Guilly (sp) start at TB you think this year? He seems more of a scat back type player. If he hits the weight room, and works hard in the off season, i believe he could be a pretty good back. Nason at full back will be good to have back also. The question marks i have is WR and the secondary. Those are the big holes to fill i believe for 2007. Can't wait till fall!

Boyd will return a lot of starters from last years team. The O Line will be very seasoned. Loosing 2 seniors there. Returning starters are Alex Burroughs at Left Tackle, Reese Davis Left Guard, Cole Webster at Right Tackle and Cody Thomas or Matt Anderson at Tide End. Personally I could see Cody playing Center also. He does the long snapping now. QB will be good, if he works hard. He has a lot of ability. Starting Fullback is also returning also. We don't have a Peardon or Hathaway type player so that hurts. Passing game will miss Headon for sure. Bottom Line, Boyd lost several skill players that will be hard to replace, but the O Line and D line along with Line Backers will be better next year. Offense and defense returns 6 or 7 starters each.

I don't see anyone on the schedule we can't beat. I'm not saying we will go undefeated, but we can beat anyone on our schedule if we play well. Yes, that includes Red Bank.

I've watched a lot of Buc football over the years, this year especially. I agree with your comments about returning players, but i think you have missed something on defense. Although there are several quality kids ready to step up on D, it will be hard to replace the speed that will be lost, Blount and Nason at LB's, Hogan at DE and Headden and Jones in the secondary. i believe the replacements may have more size, but will be hard pressed to replace their speed.