What's Goin' On With Oak Ridge Football Off Season

Cactus Jack

Thoughtful Response. Good Job!

Ole Dad

I doubt I am in the "know" as much as you are.

Let's be honest, things are messy right now, you have to get a coaching staff that gets along well ... and is on the same page as the head coach, whether you like him or not. Maybe the coaching departures will allow the head coach to get his guys in there, who really knows.

As to who will be coaching, that is tough. Oak Ridge hires teachers ... not coaches, so it's not like someone can go out and hand pick a staff. You have to be lucky, that's for sure, when it comes to a coaching staff.

The 'Cats record? Dang, that's too early for me to even venture a guess. I will need to look at the spring practice, see how the academics roll, check out the opponents and what they have coming back and coming in, trying to guess a record now would be like me trying to guess what my wife is thinking from day to day. After spring, I will toss my initial prediction in the ring, but will need to get a mulligan because a lot can happen over the summer ... as we all know.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic