What's Goin' On With Oak Ridge Football Off Season

Cactus Jack

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to reed. does anything know about the freshman from last year. will any be stepping up for playing time...

Look for James Norman ,Devonte Hawkins Mike Price ,and maybe the Burcham kid. I am sure that there maybe others. Devonte ,James ,and Price for sure ,if Price decides to play. Roll Wildcats :unsure:

No problem, same family though. I would say this is the Pettus that graduated a few years ago. Played DE.

How are you guys doing? The former Pettus' are doing very well. We are working had with the family buisness.

We really want Oak Ridge to great this up coming season. So during the off season we hope they are working hard off the field to carry it onto the field.

The kids that are there are working hard. I've heard we have some serious grade issues to overcome, some starters from last year, might not make it from what I'm hearing. Have they changed the formula for eligibility? It used to be based on the grades from the semester prior to the start of the season.

I TOO HAVE HEARD THAT GRADES ARE DEFINATELY AN ISSUE WITH THIS GROUP, ESPECIALLY SOME OF THE YOUNGER PLAYERS!! I HOPE ALL THE GUYS REALLY HIT THE BOOKS HARD THE REST OF THE YEAR. YOU HAVE TO PASS ENOUGH CLASSES THIS TIME TO BE ELIGIBLE NEXT FALL, YOU CAN ONLY MAKE UP ONE CLASS IN THE SUMMER AND THAT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE DUE TO THE CONSTRUCTION. IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO LOSE ANY PLAYER TO GRADES, ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS HELP FOR THEM TO DO BETTER IF THEY WILL TAKE IT!! GET AFTER THE BOOKS GUYS, THE WEIGHTS ARE IMPORTANT TOO, BUT IF YOU DON"T HAVE THE GRADES IT WON'T MATTER!!!

I TOO HAVE HEARD THAT GRADES ARE DEFINATELY AN ISSUE WITH THIS GROUP, ESPECIALLY SOME OF THE YOUNGER PLAYERS!! I HOPE ALL THE GUYS REALLY HIT THE BOOKS HARD THE REST OF THE YEAR. YOU HAVE TO PASS ENOUGH CLASSES THIS TIME TO BE ELIGIBLE NEXT FALL, YOU CAN ONLY MAKE UP ONE CLASS IN THE SUMMER AND THAT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE DUE TO THE CONSTRUCTION. IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO LOSE ANY PLAYER TO GRADES, ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS HELP FOR THEM TO DO BETTER IF THEY WILL TAKE IT!! GET AFTER THE BOOKS GUYS, THE WEIGHTS ARE IMPORTANT TOO, BUT IF YOU DON"T HAVE THE GRADES IT WON'T MATTER!!!

I hope that they hit the books not only to play football but to be able to provide themselves and their families one day with a comfortable living. I hope the coach pushes the kids to achieve in the classroom before they achieve on the field. Do you think the grades are slipping because of the demands of the sports or what? I know that some of the Dragons ran into this last season....Good luck OR and CHS!

Here's another way to look at the grades issue. Can you really count on a kid that cannot maintain a D average? I'm not sure if I could depend on a player that can't pull that. Of course, I am old, but I remember when athletes were sort of held to an even higher standard than regular students, they were expected to do well in class, and earn the right to participate in athletics. I guess all that stuff has fallen by the wayside. Times they are a changin'

Like when we were in school some "students" threw their books into the backseat of the car and didn't get them out until they went to school the next day. Hard to do too well if you aren't too smart to begin with.

Plus every time you go to W-Mart you lose 5 IQ points.

I lose more than that, my wife somehow helps me lose about $200 every time we go in that blasted place!