What's Goin' On With Oak Ridge Football Off Season

Cactus Jack

If I had a nickel for everytime I've heard about Clinton Middle school football. It just doesn't translate. According to some Clintonians, Clinton Middle School is the perrenial Middle School National Champions. What happens between middle and high school?

The Oak Ridge players name was Adrian Porter, heck of a qb and point guard. Corey Booker was a freshman when AP was a senior. couldn't quite get past the semi-finals, but AP was fun to watch, a human high light real every week. He went on to play college bball at a school in Illinois.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oak Ridge players name was Adrian Porter, heck of a qb and point guard. Corey Booker was a freshman when AP was a senior. couldn't quite get past the semi-finals, but AP was fun to watch, a human high light real every week. He went on to play college bball at a school in Illinois.

I don't think he was talking about Corey Booker. James Booker is the running back he was talking about. "Duke" was his nickman.

If I had a nickel for everytime I've heard about Clinton Middle school football. It just doesn't translate. According to some Clintonians, Clinton Middle School is the perrenial Middle School National Champions. What happens between middle and high school?

Thanks. His name is James Booker. They also had a running back named cory booker I just found out. Both were great backs. Where is Cory Booker now? I see Duke sometimes. Clinton it is strange for them to be that good but doesn't continue to high school. I could understand if CMS was that good but the high school team was mediocre but the high school program has not been very good the last few years. Maybe it will change.

Same as Farraguts "Coaching"!

I saw a kid named Tavarous Jefferson play this year for Ensworth. He was unreal and only in the 10th grade. He reminded me of Eric Lock from Riverdale. I think everyone in the state will know who this kid is in a year. I was told that he was from Oak Ridge. I don't who did it but someone really dropped the ball by letting this kid get away. Maybe if Oak Ridge was the power it used to be he would not have left. Again he is very very talented.

Check out the 1/25/07 Ensworth city paper, sports section. Great story on Jefferson. :(

Does anyone have any news about Oak Ridge Football in the off season? Are workouts proceeding? Will the 2007 Season see improvement? What is the outlook?
I have had the privelage to attend some of the work outs the past four weeks ,and Ihave been very impress ,with some of the senoir leadership. The work out seem's to be very intense. I was also happy to see four of the coaches thear leading the kids. Yes coach Stevens was thear also.Ole dad I agree with you on one thing ,there is alot of internal things that needs to be taken care of ,before summer practice begins. Within the coaching staff is what I mean.Thear is one particular coach ,that Stevens is allowing to disrupt the whole coaching staff. Needs to be taken care of immediatly. I won't speculate on which one because I don't want to be a coach basher. The question is? do I think these things can be fix yes. These things needs to be fix no later than spring practice if we are to have a better season next year.With that being said ,all I have left to say is Roll Wildcats Roll.