What's Goin' On With Oak Ridge Football Off Season

Cactus Jack

Gov,

So I guess if you don't live in a town you don't know anything about the program any longer and shouldn't be a fan? I don't bash the players on here and never have nor never will. I do have a problem with their lack of guidance and the commitment of their coaches, which was evident last season. The administration hasn't put a penny into the facilities in 20 years, so yes I have a problem with that, but heck you already knew that.

I am wasting my time arguing with you over something that you know nothing about.

Good luck to your program hopefully ours will get turned around sooner rather than later, and yes I think this staff can achieve success if they commit and work hard.

Ole Dad

Once again ole dad' I sense anger and intimidation, being so far removed from the program, what are your objectives, all I have read on here is how you bash the players work ethic, coaches, and the administration. Maybe communication is to blame, living so far away, you may not be getting the whole story. Maybe your like the grandfather who has been told by his son that his grandson is the fastest kid in school. Only to watch him finish last in the county meet. He wasn't that fast in the first place. Just because someone tells you one truth doesn't mean it tells the whole story. My suggestion to you is come up to Oak Ridge and see for yourself what is going on. As far as comparing your knowledge about Oak Ridge to mine, Facts are I am closer to the program than you are, by about 500 miles closer. Oak Ridge is a well coached team that had a down year, compared with the fact that everyone else in the region was on the upswing (minus Soddy) William Blount proved that when they upset D-B in the first round and Ooltewah having success in the play-offs. Yea I don't spell very well, that's easy to attack but it will not deter me from trying to help you see the wrong in your ways. If you really have a problem with the coaching staff, meet with the administration, air your grievance and leave it at that. Don't keep on bad mouthing the program in public. You make yourself look bad as well as other Oak Ridge supporters.

As far as what I know about Ooltewah, Fine School, team, staff, and administration. I can remember when Benny use to take his Cleveland teams to Oak Ridge to scrimmage back in the day.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gov,

You don't know squat. I actually donate anonymously and live in Florida but listen to the games and watch the films each week......

Ole Dad

Are you watching game films? Since those actually belong to the school it would be interesting how you are watching them, especially since you reside so far away. Since you donate anonymously (hmmm) I guess you are paying for the copies. Or maybe you have your own rep filming the games (hmmm). Oh well what do I know since you have labeled supporters of the program as yellow dogs.

It is way past time for this thread to be closed. I said it before, your posts are just mean spirited.

yes I think this staff can achieve success if they commit and work hard.

See you are already starting to be more positive. That is a step in the right direction. Now, if we just can just figure out where all this anger started from, you will be well on your way to recovery and part of the solution. Remember time heals all wounds no matter how deep. I am sure that Oakridgecat can help you find a positive, role to play within the program. All booster clubs need good positive members even someone who lives far away. There are not many booster clubs out there that can compare to the wildcat nation.

Oakridgecat is a puss. That's the problem. All the mommies want everyone to get a trophy and not work. Maybe as you put it, my anger, will rub off on the players and they will get tough. I don't really think you are qualified to post on my recovery and "anger' issue as you put it. I get a kick out of all of you Bleeding Heart Liberals who are satisfied with losing as long as no ones feelings get hurt. Life is tough and these kids need to work hard to be tough and face life. That's why the rest of the industrilized world is kicking our butts in manufacturing and develpment because we have gotten soft in the US. People like you need to go get Cat and have a group hug and make each other feel better from all the big meanies out there. LOL

Ole Dad

See you are already starting to be more positive. That is a step in the right direction. Now, if we just can just figure out where all this anger started from, you will be well on your way to recovery and part of the solution. Remember time heals all wounds no matter how deep. I am sure that Oakridgecat can help you find a positive, role to play within the program. All booster clubs need good positive members even someone who lives far away. There are not many booster clubs out there that can compare to the wildcat nation.

Hey guess what. There are more people filming than the school. Do you get cable yet? They have this new device called a VCR. You should check into getting one. What a joke. People like you come and go and when Little Johnny has graduated you get a warm feeling on how much you supported the program when actually you were supporting Little Johnny.

Ole Dad

Come on down and listen to the games on the internet with me and stay for the films.

Are you watching game films? Since those actually belong to the school it would be interesting how you are watching them, especially since you reside so far away. Since you donate anonymously (hmmm) I guess you are paying for the copies. Or maybe you have your own rep filming the games (hmmm). Oh well what do I know since you have labeled supporters of the program as yellow dogs.

It is way past time for this thread to be closed. I said it before, your posts are just mean spirited.

Hey guess what. There are more people filming than the school. Do you get cable yet? They have this new device called a VCR. You should check into getting one. What a joke. People like you come and go and when Little Johnny has graduated you get a warm feeling on how much you supported the program when actually you were supporting Little Johnny.

Ole Dad

Come on down and listen to the games on the internet with me and stay for the films.

Now you are just being a real JERK! As a parent yes the first person I will support would be my child, but in supporting him I support the program. Ole Dad, some of the toughest and hardest working supporters are the MOMMIES that you seem to have a problem with and I would dare say that to be true for the Wildcats as well. It takes more than a check to support a program. Wildcat supporters I wish you all the best with your program there is some really good talent at OR....Keep the fire.

See, that's the problem. Many folks like you take a statement and then make it a blanket statement. I don't have a problem with Mommies; in fact I have one believe it or not. I have a problem with Johnny come lately parents who are a flash in the pan (here today, gone tomorrow) and feel that you should have unconditional support no matter what the staff is or is not doing. And I agree with you 100%, there is some great talent at OR and always has been because of the Boys Club and Middle School feeder systems. Right now we are not developing the potential of that talent because of laziness and disorganization of some staff members. Just my opinion and you are fully entitled to a different one. The Cats will eventually be back strong but not on the current path. As Sam Walton once said, "to be successful you only need to start working half days...it doesn't matter whether you work the 1st 12 hours or the 2nd 12 hours but just work a half a day". Therein lays the problem with the current staff and leadership.

Ole Dad

Now you are just being a real JERK! As a parent yes the first person I will support would be my child, but in supporting him I support the program. Ole Dad, some of the toughest and hardest working supporters are the MOMMIES that you seem to have a problem with and I would dare say that to be true for the Wildcats as well. It takes more than a check to support a program. Wildcat supporters I wish you all the best with your program there is some really good talent at OR....Keep the fire.

Just for your record I have been around Oak Ridge Football, along with other members of my family, for MANY years. We actively support, and I mean support by not only attending the games, but volunteering and DOING things for the team. I do not sit in another state and mouth off, I am here working and have been so for many years. My son did play football at OR, but that was several years ago, and yet here I am still working with the team, and supporting the team, not typing mean spirited, hate filled, name calling posts like you. You fit the profile of a flash in a pan discription a whole lot more than I do.

As for your smart aleck remark about the vcr and tv. The only film I know that is broadcast is clips that David uses on his show once a week during the season, so yes I still question your remark about viewing films.

Take a hint, since you don't like what I say, pay attention to the others who are giving you good advice.

besides the clips david uses on the show. they broadcast the games completely on the same channel on saturday mornings. i know that this can give away some materials but most teams have enough class and respect to trade films. i know that alot of people continue to support the program, but a lot of loyal faces are now losing the loyalty to this program even while the team was winning. and i cannot remember the last time i saw a crowd at the 'ship stand and cheer for only a first down, like against D-B. now lets quit the little bickering and talk what is really going on with this team. i heard Vaughn is going to play running back but i think he is a big loss at linebacker and he could afford to play some other players at running back. any ideas

Ole dad and the like, it is the job of the coaching staff to decide the direction of the football program (offensive and defensive philosophies, off-season workouts, who starts, etc). It is the job of the athletic director to monitor and evaluate the direction of the program. Any concerns that the athletic director has should be reported to the Principal. It is the Principals job to assess these concerns and take the appropriate action. The problem with this process is that sometimes board members, influential boosters, and parents with ulterior motives get involved. I encourage all those who feel that the demise of the Oak Ridge football program is at hand let the process work. Otherwise get out of the way and let those who feel the program is in good hands do there job. Ole dad maybe you need to take up playing X-Box. This way you can pick your own team and be in control of every aspect of the program, play on-line with others. You could create a dynasty. This way your time will not be wasted arguing with me and others about what Oak Ridge should or shouldn’t do.

Great Post. Yes the game is replayed in its entirety and can be recorded which many of us do each week, or have family do for us. But that is not near as sinister as Oakridgecat would like to believe. I hope fans don't lose their loyalty but I know many are disgruntled. Let's see what the spring and summer bring, maybe the staff will step up this year.

Ole Dad

besides the clips david uses on the show. they broadcast the games completely on the same channel on saturday mornings. i know that this can give away some materials but most teams have enough class and respect to trade films. i know that alot of people continue to support the program, but a lot of loyal faces are now losing the loyalty to this program even while the team was winning. and i cannot remember the last time i saw a crowd at the 'ship stand and cheer for only a first down, like against D-B. now lets quit the little bickering and talk what is really going on with this team. i heard Vaughn is going to play running back but i think he is a big loss at linebacker and he could afford to play some other players at running back. any ideas