What's Goin' On With Oak Ridge Football Off Season

Cactus Jack

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and yes Ole Dad I am a supporter. You can call it anything you want, but yes I will support the Oak Ridge Team win, lose or draw. I have been with them during their strongest years and their weakest and I am proud to say it. Nobody wants to lose, but that is a hazard of the game. You can call me any ugly name you want, that just shows your level of intelligence.

Your messages are simply mean, they will do nothing but encourage division. You most certainly are entitled to your opinion, I just do not have to agree with it, or support it. Likewise for you.

It is time to let this topic go peacefully into the night.

He wasn't talking about Stevens at 82%. He was talking about Lussier. Stevens has managed to have the worst winning percentage in OR coaching history since 1948 and only after 2 seasons at 72%. If my gut feeling is accurate that will drop to 70% by the end of next season. By the way, address all the other stuff that is concrete info. Go see how many are working out and who is supervising. Go look at the equipment room and weight room and see how is is currently being maintained and organized. I could go on but it wouldn't matter to you, it would just result in an emotional and not fact based response.

I knew what he was talking about. What is 82% nothing but a bunch of good seasons. May be next time you respond you should get your facts straight. The worst winning percentage in OR coaching history since 1948 belongs to the great Emory Hale during his first two seasons 69-70. After two season he was 14-6, 70% and that is fact based. He was 36-16 in his first 5 seasons with a 6-4 and a 5-5 seasons. Do the math and that comes out to 69%. I guess for some reason you missed that when you were quoting worst winning percentage since 1948. Sounds like your responses are a little more emotional than fact based. Anothor fact is I'm pretty sure that unless the team shows some dramatic improvement next year, Steven's won't get 5 years to match that.

I agree that next year there needs to be improvement, but for Stevens nothing short of a state championship will be good enough for most, I don't think he will get the same consideration that all of the other coaches have with their 9-1, 10-2 type seasons with nothig to show but a lot of wins and the occasional district championship.

Why is it always the coach and never the fact that maybe, just maybe the talent is a little less than in previous years (not that this is the case)but it is a possibility.......

Are you crazy, what self respecting fan would ever admit that coming from Oak Ridge, with only 1 State Championship and 1 runner up, since 1991 that could never be the reason. Well at least in the new coach Stevens era.

Leonadslosers and Extremefury you all do remember that Stanton did inherit 28 very talented seniors from the Lussier era. But he came in and did everything but win it all and walk on water.

Hey Tnbreakers how you doing? Have your machine call my machine and we'll get together.

In case I don't get back on here or get kicked off for something I've said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!

That is true at AE also. The first year he was there Stevens said that was the most talented team he ever coached. Even better than the 2001 State Championship team. But it was his first year and the team just came off a 1-9 season. Anthony McAllister, Al Harris and company came in Stevens Championship year. That was probably the most talented class his tenure there. He had them for 4 years and left when they did. The year he left was going to be the least talented team he would have had at AE according to Stevens.

Maybe he is a good coach with talent. That is not always true. Some coaches can't handle talented players.

I wonder what the folks at AE are thinking now? Are they happy with the current coaching situation? Stanton did have a disciplined team while he was at AE. I don't think some of the folks at Oak Ridge realize how far down AE was when he took over.

The current staff at AE has not been able to stop the mass exit of athletes toward the Falcon side of town.

Not a problem the Oak Ridge staff has much to worry about when it comes to getting players out. They might lose a few players to Clinton or Anderson Co., but very very few.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

...and yes Ole Dad I am a supporter. You can call it anything you want, but yes I will support the Oak Ridge Team win, lose or draw. I have been with them during their strongest years and their weakest and I am proud to say it. Nobody wants to lose, but that is a hazard of the game. You can call me any ugly name you want, that just shows your level of intelligence.

Your messages are simply mean, they will do nothing but encourage division. You most certainly are entitled to your opinion, I just do not have to agree with it, or support it. Likewise for you.

It is time to let this topic go peacefully into the night.

I've been reading Old Dad's posts for some time now, and I've wanted to respond, but I think this post says it well- "mean". Old Dad obviously doesn't have anything of real importance in his own life, so he live vicariously through the lives and fortunes of high school football players. When the home team does well he can thump his chest. Heck, these are kids and Stanton is a high school football coach. Old Dad won't even give them till the first of the year to do other things high school kids might like to do. Old Dad probably never put the pads on.

I wonder what the Riverdale, BA and Maryville kids have been doing lately? Lost Old Dad said it best.

Mean Ole Dad

I've been reading Old Dad's posts for some time now, and I've wanted to respond, but I think this post says it well- "mean". Old Dad obviously doesn't have anything of real importance in his own life, so he live vicariously through the lives and fortunes of high school football players. When the home team does well he can thump his chest. Heck, these are kids and Stanton is a high school football coach. Old Dad won't even give them till the first of the year to do other things high school kids might like to do. Old Dad probably never put the pads on.

I wonder what the Riverdale, BA and Maryville kids have been doing lately? Lost Old Dad said it best.

Mean Ole Dad

They have been in the weight room pumping iron HARD since the Monday after they lost to Smyrna. That game result was totally unacceptable. That is one reason they WIN so much.

Like on the DB thread where it was we lost, oh well, on to Basketball. That would NEVER work at R'dale.

If the kids want time off they work to EARN it. In 2004 they got to take from the Championship game until they came back from Christmas break off and that was it! When they lost to Oak Ridge in 2005 they were in the weight room the Monday after the game. They also got to lift in other places than school during the Christmas break. They also lift at other gyms during the dead period. No Coaches, but they lift and lift hard.

The Coaches also work that hard. Yes they get time with their families, but they also know they have to keep winning or they are gone. That is one reason that R'dale was in the big game for 5 or 6 years in a row. No they did not win every one of them but they were there while every other team was sitting home and wondering why.

Is this being 'rough' on the kids? Yes, but life itself is much rougher. Better to learn it early and learn how to deal with it instead of how to make excuses.

If this is too rough, then you may want to re-think where your priorities ought to be. For us we are making MEN and not boys.

Y'alls turn, but I will NOT listen to no crying.

LOD,

You're The Man. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Great 2007. See you next year at Toots. Sorry we missed it this year.

Ole Dad

They have been in the weight room pumping iron HARD since the Monday after they lost to Smyrna. That game result was totally unacceptable. That is one reason they WIN so much.

Like on the DB thread where it was we lost, oh well, on to Basketball. That would NEVER work at R'dale.

If the kids want time off they work to EARN it. In 2004 they got to take from the Championship game until they came back from Christmas break off and that was it! When they lost to Oak Ridge in 2005 they were in the weight room the Monday after the game. They also got to lift in other places than school during the Christmas break. They also lift at other gyms during the dead period. No Coaches, but they lift and lift hard.

The Coaches also work that hard. Yes they get time with their families, but they also know they have to keep winning or they are gone. That is one reason that R'dale was in the big game for 5 or 6 years in a row. No they did not win every one of them but they were there while every other team was sitting home and wondering why.

Is this being 'rough' on the kids? Yes, but life itself is much rougher. Better to learn it early and learn how to deal with it instead of how to make excuses.

If this is too rough, then you may want to re-think where your priorities ought to be. For us we are making MEN and not boys.

Y'alls turn, but I will NOT listen to no crying.

Another reason Oak Ridge is down could be the lack of quality players. Now before everyone comes down on me consider... a town of 28,000 with one Boys Club, two middle schools and one high school. Oak Ridge isn't having the growth some other cities are having and until we get a few more people in town with young kids there will be a shortage of players.

Both you old Dads.. we don't have to wait until next year to go to Toot's

Maybe during the holidays. I'll have my machine call your machine.

Ole Dad

Another reason Oak Ridge is down could be the lack of quality players. Now before everyone comes down on me consider... a town of 28,000 with one Boys Club, two middle schools and one high school. Oak Ridge isn't having the growth some other cities are having and until we get a few more people in town with young kids there will be a shortage of players.

Both you old Dads.. we don't have to wait until next year to go to Toot's

LOD you don't listen to anything anyway so why bother, and obviously patience is not your strong suit.

We are only two years into a major change in the program, replacement of a Head Coach and major positions. One year we are at the State Title Game the next we are 5-5, the smoke needs to settle. You have made your point on what you think needs to be done, and it is a valid point.

As for me and my house, we wish everybody a Merry Christmas, blessings for the coming year, and peace.