PERRY COUNTY

Stat_pack1

Who did you get for out of district games......did you add Lewis to your schedule?

How many kids do you think you will have on your roster this year?

Looks like they added MTCS from Murfreesboro as an outside district game & also kept the out of district game with Riverside. All other games are Dist. 6

They had about 28 or so on the Varsity last year; the numbers should improve this year. I remember that second day @ Camp Linden Valley; PC had a total of 20. I looked across the field at Collinwood's squad; there must have been 60 guys practicing. Twenty guys each with a heart as big as a house sweltering in three-a-days! I knew right then that this was their core; their foundation for the future.

I really think Perry County is on the verge of doing something special. The athletes are there; if Coach Bradley can get some additional help with assistants & the school administration/community will get behind this football program, you can do some incredible things. Within the next 3-4 years you can be right up there with the Trousdale County's, South Pittsburg's etc. etc. Teams that consistently win championships & play on that first weekend in December in Murfreesboro.

Wouldn't a gold football (or several..) look nice in the trophy case next to your b'ball trophies?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the people of Perry will get behind these kids....like I said in an earlier post.....I watched some of your middle school games...where they were outmatched...but never gave up and played hard when there was no chance for them.......that I do respect. I know a few kids that wish they could go play for perry county.....because of that never give up attitude.

Looks like they added MTCS from Murfreesboro as an outside district game & also kept the out of district game with Riverside. All other games are Dist. 6

They had about 28 or so on the Varsity last year; the numbers should improve this year. I remember that second day @ Camp Linden Valley; PC had a total of 20. I looked across the field at Collinwood's squad; there must have been 60 guys practicing. Twenty guys each with a heart as big as a house sweltering in three-a-days! I knew right then that this was their core; their foundation for the future.

I really think Perry County is on the verge of doing something special. The athletes are there; if Coach Bradley can get some additional help with assistants & the school administration/community will get behind this football program, you can do some incredible things. Within the next 3-4 years you can be right up there with the Trousdale County's, South Pittsburg's etc. etc. Teams that consistently win championships & play on that first weekend in December in Murfreesboro.

Wouldn't a gold football (or several..) look nice in the trophy case next to your b'ball trophies?

I think we've got the community support...the stands were packed at every home game...until it got cold, anyway. :angry:

Not so sure about support from school admin., PC has been a basketball county for many years. I think the year we had this year helped a lot, nobody expected us to do as well as we did. And yes, we had some great guys on the team with a lot of heart, but I have to credit coaching for a lot of it. Let's not forget, Rice had almost the same bunch of guys the year before, and they didn't accomplish the things that this team did.

And by the way, my prediction for our best year is the 2010 season. That's when all those guys who won so many Jr Pro games will be juniors and seniors.

Maybe they'll turn the corner. I hope so. I'll always have a place in my heart for PC. It's a little optimistic to mention them in the same breath as Trousdale and South Pitt just yet.

And I think you guys mean peavahouse. It's not spelled they way everybody pronounces it.

Also, Jr. Pro success doesn't necessarily correlate into high school success. Houston County had on of the best Jr. Pro teams I had ever seen a few years back, but the high school team compiled of the same players was pitiful.

Maybe they'll turn the corner. I hope so. I'll always have a place in my heart for PC. It's a little optimistic to mention them in the same breath as Trousdale and South Pitt just yet.

And I think you guys mean peavahouse. It's not spelled they way everybody pronounces it.

Also, Jr. Pro success doesn't necessarily correlate into high school success. Houston County had on of the best Jr. Pro teams I had ever seen a few years back, but the high school team compiled of the same players was pitiful.

That's true, it's a totally different game; I'm just saying that that particular bunch of boys has a lot of talent, and I think that they will do better than PC teams of the past. And incidentally, most people in PC spell it Pevahouse, but this particular boy spells his Peevyhouse, I know him and I know his mother, that is the correct spelling.

That's true, it's a totally different game; I'm just saying that that particular bunch of boys has a lot of talent, and I think that they will do better than PC teams of the past. And incidentally, most people in PC spell it Pevahouse, but this particular boy spells his Peevyhouse, I know him and I know his mother, that is the correct spelling.

Are they transplants?

They're not only going to turn the corner; within a short time they're going to be playing for championships. Coach Bradley brings youth, pride, intensity and enthusiasm to this program. He's a great coach & friend. I only wish I lived in Perry County so my son could play for the Vikings.

I coached in youth football for a number of years & I heartily agree; those youth "studs" do not necessarily translate into high school players. Some never pan out as players, some kids want to get a job (never mind that you have 40 years of work in front of you anyway :lol: ) and hang out with friends, play other sports etc. etc. Hopefully they will continue & some do, but don't be surprised if they give up football entirely. It's something they'll regret the rest of their life, but you can't make kids understand it...

They're not only going to turn the corner; within a short time they're going to be playing for championships. Coach Bradley brings youth, pride, intensity and enthusiasm to this program. He's a great coach & friend. I only wish I lived in Perry County so my son could play for the Vikings.

I coached in youth football for a number of years & I heartily agree; those youth "studs" do not necessarily translate into high school players. Some never pan out as players, some kids want to get a job (never mind that you have 40 years of work in front of you anyway :blink: ) and hang out with friends, play other sports etc. etc. Hopefully they will continue & some do, but don't be surprised if they give up football entirely. It's something they'll regret the rest of their life, but you can't make kids understand it...

That's true, a lot of them don't, but around PC a lot of them actually do. The majority of the seniors on PC's team this year played Jr Pro. Hopefully, a lot of them will continue to play. This year was my son's 8th year playing football, and he still loves it.

That's true, a lot of them don't, but around PC a lot of them actually do. The majority of the seniors on PC's team this year played Jr Pro. Hopefully, a lot of them will continue to play. This year was my son's 8th year playing football, and he still loves it.

I helped coach the Jr Pro here in PC for a few years , and we do seem to keep a lot of them going on up to the middle and High school level. The 2006 class turned out a little light, but the classes before and after both had a lot of them play all the way through

Edited by 1AMAN