Top candidates for BA job

FBFan2001

Here is the BA coaching staff, according to their program:

Ray Dalton, D Line: 43-year coaching veteran, probably going to retire withFlatt.

Brad Perry, O Cord/WR's: BA Alum ('92), Many thought he was the heir

apparent to Flatt. Played at Tennessee Tech, Spiritual Life director of the

school. Best chance of any current assistant for the head job.

Jack Pittman, D Cord: Head coaching material, probably not at BA. Played at

MTSU

Randy Locke, D Backs: Former Davidson Academy head coach, assistant athletic

director.

Phillip Montgomery, O Line: BA Alum ('88), played at Western Kentucky, has

interviewed for other head jobs lately, ready for a head job somewhere.

Scott Whitson, Tight Ends: BA Alum ('82) and parent, part-time assistant

Mikki Allen, D Backs: BA Alum ('96), played at UT and spent time with San

Fran 49ers, part-time assistant, probably not looking at coaching as

full-time position. Starter on great BA '95 and '96 teams.

Kurston Biggers, Runningbacks: BA Alum ('97), played at UT. Also teams strength coach. Has worked at D1 training. Probably focus on strength and conditioning. Starter on BA '95 and '96 teams.

David Peden, O Line: BA alum ('97) played at Ole Miss. Young, 2-sport coach

(basketball). Head coach material one day, probably not yet. Starter on BA '95 and '96 teams.

Antuian Bradford, LB's: played at Vanderbilt. I believe he was more of a junior high assistant coach.

Mickey Jacobs, D Cord.: BA parent, former college assistant. D Cord during BA championship runs of '95 and '96. Financial Planner, coaching is now a secondary gig.

Also, I believe former BA, UT and NFL standout Bubba Miller has helped coach recently. Perry would be the obvious choice within the current staff. There seems to be a great mix of youth and experience. Also, a lot of BA alums, probably loyal to Flatt. I wonder what happens to the staff if the school hires someone from the outside.

Edited by DKwildcat

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens to the staff if the the school hires someone from the outside? Well the school has only done it once since it opened and we see what happened then.

You seem to be our resident expert on what happened during Tom Moore's stint as head coach . . . what did happen to the staff?

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but an honest question. Will following a legendary coach like Carlton Flatt not be akin to anyone who has since followed Bear Bryant at Alabama?

I don't think that stirs the pot. That is a good question. I think that Coach Flatt under achieved in his last few years. The new coach will start with a lot of current talent and plenty in the pipe line. That should lessen the chance.

Everyone stayed because Coach Flatt wanted them to stay. Things might be different if an outside coach is offered the job. To sweeten the deal would they allow him to bring some of his own staff?

What are you saying? A possible major staff shake up is in the works at BA? Is it not kind of late to be changing the coaches/teachers at BA for the next semester? Losing the teachers you grown to love can be difficult on the students.

I don't think that stirs the pot. That is a good question. I think that Coach Flatt under achieved in his last few years. The new coach will start with a lot of current talent and plenty in the pipe line. That should lessen the chance.

With the talent on board (and not to offend any of the prospects)...anyone should be successful coaching them next year. It's called Chris Jordan sweep left, Chris Jordan sweep right.