New Single A Big 8

grammar

Union City - will run away with state tournament - will rename it "union city invitational" after they run through it for 2nd year

Humboldt - probably finish 2nd

Temple - will win until they play someone from the west.

Jackson Co. - just a hunch, playing good right now

Nashville Christian - getting frazier back took them to another level

Culleoka - will peak at the right time, demario will take over when needed

Harriman - good team + weak regions = state tournament by default

Cloudland - should show about the same as they did last year

Union City number 1

Lake County number 2 and the only team in single a that has a chance at beating the tornadoes

Temple number 3 history is there but can't be unset in the sub state

Grace number 4 Carter is all they have

Culleoka number 5 by default because this teams not that good but neighter is anyone they play.

6-8 is anyones guess who is goin to make it. but i think it goin to be lake county and union city that desides it all come march.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backinthaoc, You made some valid points. You know I am as close to the situation as anyone and UC's enrollment has nothing to do with their winning but more to do with talent they have right now. I know this is a B-ball board but go to football for a second UC was good in 05, state runner up, lost alot of talent and struggled this year. No one was complaining that the football team should be AA this year. Personally I would rather play UC than the privates because they get their kids off the yellow dog just like LC does, but that is an entirely different story. :unsure: TSSAA is never going to legislate a state title to anyone, sooner or later to get the Gold Ball you have to beat somebody. Lake Co. lost to UC but bigster nor any of the other LC fans got on here saying it was because UC should be in AA. The Falcons will just get ready to play Humbolt Friday and UC down the line. The tornadoes have the Falcons respect but they also now that LC is working hard and looking forward to round 2.

You're right wardawg..and I'd rather play Union City and lose a close game than to play someone and win by 40 points....We don't have many students at all either..We've been fortunate to have the athletes we've had the past several years and now..But your're right..U.C. just had some great athletes last year and this year in basketball and will be even better next year...We haven't complained and U.C. has probably hurt us more than anyone..Take Union City out of the mix last year and Lake Co could very well have brought home that gold ball..And maybe again this year..But ..it's the way it is ..just play ball!

You're right wardawg..and I'd rather play Union City and lose a close game than to play someone and win by 40 points....We don't have many students at all either..We've been fortunate to have the athletes we've had the past several years and now..But your're right..U.C. just had some great athletes last year and this year in basketball and will be even better next year...We haven't complained and U.C. has probably hurt us more than anyone..Take Union City out of the mix last year and Lake Co could very well have brought home that gold ball..And maybe again this year..But ..it's the way it is ..just play ball!

Hey mrbig to be completely candid I believe there have been some LC fans saying that UC should still be in AA when it comes to football. Not you and not me but there have been some. But I don't recall seeing that in basketball. I say again let it go people UC is where they should be according to enrollment. You didn't say so but I am sure you would rather us win a close game than lose a close one. I'm tired of losing to UC. That is a hump we definitely need to get over. But first things first let's handle the Vikings tonight. Vikings no need for you to find your game when we come calling. I hope coach makes the proper adjustments to win this game. Could someone explain to me why the coach has Sep on the line when the other team is shooting free throws and the long tall timber in the backcourt. I don't get that.

Grace has lost the four games to bigger schools in tournament play. To get to the sub state they have to finish in the top two in their region. The second spot will probably be between Grace and CSAS. Close game but they have proven they can bet CSAS. The second place team in the region would play possibly Jackson County. Another close game but one they could win. So, yes I would say the way the district, region, and sub-state is laid out they could return to the Boro.

If Jackson County wins region and Grace has to come to the boro I don't think they can pull another half court buzzer beater off like they did before... JC is playin really good ball right now and if the two teams were to play right now on a neutral site I would give JC the edge... I don't think people are giving JC enough credit.. Grace is good.. But JC had them by 2 with 3 seconds to go and McMasters threw up a prayer and banked it in from half court.. and that was the first game of the season.. So I hope my boys from the boro pull of the cinderella story that ya'll make them out to be.. Cause I've watched them play and they are more than capable of making an appearance in Murfresboro

If Jackson County wins region and Grace has to come to the boro I don't think they can pull another half court buzzer beater off like they did before... JC is playin really good ball right now and if the two teams were to play right now on a neutral site I would give JC the edge... I don't think people are giving JC enough credit.. Grace is good.. But JC had them by 2 with 3 seconds to go and McMasters threw up a prayer and banked it in from half court.. and that was the first game of the season.. So I hope my boys from the boro pull of the cinderella story that ya'll make them out to be.. Cause I've watched them play and they are more than capable of making an appearance in Murfresboro

I don't disagree, I'm just saying with what has happened in the season so far that Grace's odds are favorable. JC is playing well, and I don't think I implied that they are cinderella.

Have you seen CSAS play? They struggled with chemistry before Christmas but have gone 4-1 since including the Great Smoky Mtn. Classic in North Carolina. They beat a team by 15 who beat Brainerd by 4! Grace lost to Notre Dame this week and the Patriots beat ND by double digits. I just think that you shouldn't plan on Grace being there as a lock yet! I agree that the top two will come from CSAS, Grace, and Temple.

I don't disagree, I'm just saying with what has happened in the season so far that Grace's odds are favorable. JC is playing well, and I don't think I implied that they are cinderella.

As is ALWAYS the case, the winner of the Grace/Temple region finals game or it could be CSAS this year will host and most likely win and the loser will travel up here to play either Jackson County or Pickett Co. and the traveling team will not have much of a chance to win the game. There won't be any half court prayers to be answered again. JC missed 18 free throws in that game and that wont happen again either. Not that i can't happen because anything can happen when you're dealing with high school kids but its a 90% chance that the home team wins. See everyone in Chattanooga tonight for the Temple game. :thumb: