2007 Region 4 2A

Guest Termite

Guest Termite

Upperman will probably have a good team.....what will they have

What does York have coming back, I hear they lost a lot of Srs.

Westmoreland I know lost a lot of their starters

Smith Co. lost a QB, RB, FB,2 speedsters, 2 LBs and 2 linemen....do they have anybody that can step up?

Will Cannon Co. and Jackson Co. be better

I know it's early and spring practice hasn't even been thought about....but I am about to go into DTs........

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upperman will probably have a good team.....what will they have

What does York have coming back, I hear they lost a lot of Srs.

Westmoreland I know lost a lot of their starters

Smith Co. lost a QB, RB, FB,2 speedsters, 2 LBs and 2 linemen....do they have anybody that can step up?

Will Cannon Co. and Jackson Co. be better

I know it's early and spring practice hasn't even been thought about....but I am about to go into DTs........

York has to be the favorite.

Guest Termite

I was under the impression that YORK is losing a lot of their key players....much like Westermoreland. I know it usually comes down to York, Smith Co. Westermoreland and sometimes Upperman...Smith Co. can make claim that they should be favored. If they can find a couple of skill players...RB/REC, they should be reloading....I know Upperman has a fine QB back,,,,,but I don't know what else they have. York lost one of the best backs in the region but I'm sure they have a kid that will step up. I think Westmoreland lost more than anyone as far as skill positions. I'm glad that QB and Reciever are gone. They were very very good.

SC will always be pretty good as long as Maynord stays. They have some holes to fill...but don't they always? Two years ago...we thought we lost everything...and still made the semis in two years. Two years before that...the same thing happened. They have some good players returning.

Cannon County went through a horrid year with injuries. They return 20 of 22 starters from the last 3 games and some of the injured also return. They will be better but who knows. They must gel as a team and believe in one another and themselves before we talk about how much improvement.

Guest Termite

SC will always be pretty good as long as Maynord stays. They have some holes to fill...but don't they always? Two years ago...we thought we lost everything...and still made the semis in two years. Two years before that...the same thing happened. They have some good players returning.

Antwan.... you seem to be familiar with th SC program,,,what's your thoughts on the QB, Harville or the Johnston kid? They lost 2 of the OL, who do you see stepping up..Smith,Derf, Wood, someone else? They lost their RB...Anderson, Rich,

..................Just your thoughts...speculations.........

I didn't know about all the injuries Cannon Co. had.......they will almost have to be a lot better. How bout Jackson Co.? Does Upperman return anything to go with their outstanding QB.?

Smith County will probably be the favorite. Harville will probably play QB and LB. I'm sure we will have some kids step up at the line and Anderson/Rich will be a good one two punch. SC also has a few guys that stepped up last year alittle at WR. So they should be ok there also. As far as the others in the region I think York and Upperman should be pretty good and of course Westmoreland should do ok also. They graduated almost the whole team. LOL Jackson Co. may make that step up next year to midway of the region or they may not. They got alot of confidence last year and may bring some of those kids that didn't want to be himuliated in the past out for football. Cannon will probably struggle again and may be lucky to win 1 or 2. Whatever the outcome, I think it will be another exciting year.

Guest Termite

Smith County will probably be the favorite. Harville will probably play QB and LB. I'm sure we will have some kids step up at the line and Anderson/Rich will be a good one two punch. SC also has a few guys that stepped up last year alittle at WR. So they should be ok there also. As far as the others in the region I think York and Upperman should be pretty good and of course Westmoreland should do ok also. They graduated almost the whole team. LOL Jackson Co. may make that step up next year to midway of the region or they may not. They got alot of confidence last year and may bring some of those kids that didn't want to be himuliated in the past out for football. Cannon will probably struggle again and may be lucky to win 1 or 2. Whatever the outcome, I think it will be another exciting year.

Until I saw Harville play at Boyd I wasn't too sure. Robinson will probably play LB along with Gregory. Wish they had a power RB like Evans. WR will probably be OK. The line is a big concern. There is also TE to worry about. Rumors are that maybe Bane will get a shot at TE. If that happens there will be 3 hole to fill in the O-Line and maybe some in the D-Line. There were a couple of freshmen linemen that played in mop up that looked good and have good size.I don't want a lot of excitement......Just good games with SC getting the Ws.

It wouldn't suprise me to see SC give the soph, Johnston a coulple of snaps a game. With Harville playing both ways, he will get tired some. I'd say the position they will struggle with the most probably is the RB position. Both of those kids aren't very big. Pretty quick, but not very big. WR's will be ok. Main target will be Jay Wilmore. Owls will win the region. I'll say Upperman second. The Burgess kid at WR will be the go to target for their QB, and they have a pretty good RB.

I would not be so quick to judge this region next year. There could be a few surprises. I dare say Cannon wins more than 1 or 2. Not saying they are winning them all but a healthy Cannon team could do better than many give them credit for.

Cannon should be where they would have been last year without the injuries.

That was fighting for the 4th spot. This year changes things with just 3 teams assured of a playoff spot. I don't see Cannon overtaking YAI...SC...Upperman...or Westmoreland.

I think Smith Co. will take the region. Got a good program goin there in Smith Co. :lol: Hope to see ya in the play offs again next year.

The new playoff format really changes things. There is no longer a guarantee of meeting early in the playoffs.