1A AP Poll

oldtimeballer63

The more you talk the less sense you make. There is no rhyme or reason to your baseless and biased remarks. There is no point in discussing it with you because I’m sure in your imaginary world of if’s and but’s in your mind you would always be right.

So back on topic, UC deserves the #1 spot until proven otherwise.

…and Grace was the better team, Humboldt proved that.

I believe in the beginning my main reason for posting was to say UC deserved the top spot...Then it went to East vs. West and downhill from there...I'm sorry, but I'm just not convinced Grace was the better team...They played better on that day, which is all they had to do so congratulations to them...I just don't believe they were the better basketball team...After that first game vs. Cosby, I would've taken Humboldt over anyone in 1A and so would a LOT of other people...Very few looked for Grace to beat Humboldt...It's called an upset....Happens all the time...Doesn't mean that the winner was the better team, just better on that day....

Either way, the past is the past and nothing is going to change that so it's just speculation....However, I am very confident in saying Humboldt is once again the most athletic team in 1A and a serious contender for the gold ball...Can Grace say the same??

Edited by red_16

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in 1A, (which is what i'm talking about. I don't give a rat's rear about AA or AAA) only 5 of the past 20 State Champions have come from west of Nashville ('92 Middleton, '97 Perry County, '00 South Fulton, '05 Middleton, '06 Union City.) That seems pretty lopsided to me... I'll take a good defense over a good offense any day, because a good defense will create offense.

yea that defence works for yall considering that last years score with union city were all double digets. We are a vastly improved west since the 90's and early 2000's Union City has move down Humboldt has moved down and Lake County is a up and coming power in single a basketball. These three teams could be very good in double a. It's a new single a one that is goin to be dominated by west tennessee for years to come.

have any of you west tenn folks been to see any of these fine middle tenn class a teams that have always been good but this year are quietly doing the same things as you west tenn schools claim to be doing....beating all class a teams then beating up on class aaa yeams as well.....i have traveled to see all the state contenders and boy will there be some surprises this year when the tourneys start....

have any of you west tenn folks been to see any of these fine middle tenn class a teams that have always been good but this year are quietly doing the same things as you west tenn schools claim to be doing....beating all class a teams then beating up on class aaa yeams as well.....i have traveled to see all the state contenders and boy will there be some surprises this year when the tourneys start....

The best team I've seen at state the past few years from Regions 5 and 6 was FRA in '04, which isn't saying much about those two regions. (Granted I didn't see Wayne County last year)

Union City's three easiest games last season were in the "BORO" :rolleyes:

No doubt the Tornadoes toughest games came against the teams in the district and region tournaments(Humboldt, Lake Co. , Halls, etc.) and they defeated a solid

Middleton team last year in the sub-state on the road to get to the state tourney on a last second shot from Mr.Basketball Weddle :thumb:

When they got to MTSU for the state tournament- No competition.

Had Humboldt made the finals- would've been a more competitive game-- Grace shot lights out and deserved the win but had nothing left in the tank when they had

to play UC in the finals.

Hope this answers the whole who has the best 1A boys teams in the state -- :lol:

Union City's three easiest games last season were in the "BORO" :rolleyes:

No doubt the Tornadoes toughest games came against the teams in the district and region tournaments(Humboldt, Lake Co. , Halls, etc.) and they defeated a solid

Middleton team last year in the sub-state on the road to get to the state tourney on a last second shot from Mr.Basketball Weddle :thumb:

When they got to MTSU for the state tournament- No competition.

Had Humboldt made the finals- would've been a more competitive game-- Grace shot lights out and deserved the win but had nothing left in the tank when they had

to play UC in the finals.

Hope this answers the whole who has the best 1A boys teams in the state -- :lol:

I think alot of the poll voters are cuzins to Stevie Wonder because they have the same vision. If they saw Union City Play it's no comparison. West Tn is the dominate side of the state in basketball. I know that one person will put up the last ten years of basketball but we only put two teams in the state every year. Not like middle tn puttin 4 teams in the tourn. If we did that it would be a great single a tournment. I will try to turn that into the tssaa board and see if west would get a shot at putting 4 teams in the tournment in single a like double a does. Have region 7 plays region 5 and region 8 plays region 6. The substate would match up teams like humboldt and wayne co last year. i like it.

I think alot of the poll voters are cuzins to Stevie Wonder because they have the same vision. If they saw Union City Play it's no comparison. West Tn is the dominate side of the state in basketball. I know that one person will put up the last ten years of basketball but we only put two teams in the state every year. Not like middle tn puttin 4 teams in the tourn. If we did that it would be a great single a tournment. I will try to turn that into the tssaa board and see if west would get a shot at putting 4 teams in the tournment in single a like double a does. Have region 7 plays region 5 and region 8 plays region 6. The substate would match up teams like humboldt and wayne co last year. i like it.

Funny you make these comments seeing that LC is like 90th in Strength of Schedule on CoachT (16th Strength + Success Ranking).

AP Top Ten Strength Rankings

Strength of Schedule/Strength + Success

1. Temple 22/1

2. Union City 46/2

3. Humboldt 37/7

4. Lake Co. 90/16

5. Grace Christian 105/3

6. Eagleville 35/10

7. Culleoka 41/5

8. Trinity Christian 23/8

9. Grace Baptist 49/11

10. Jackson Co. 45/6

Funny you make these comments seeing that LC is like 90th in Strength of Schedule on CoachT (16th Strength + Success Ranking).

AP Top Ten Strength Rankings

Strength of Schedule/Strength + Success

1. Temple 22/1

2. Union City 46/2

3. Humboldt 37/7

4. Lake Co. 90/16

5. Grace Christian 105/3

6. Eagleville 35/10

7. Culleoka 41/5

8. Trinity Christian 23/8

9. Grace Baptist 49/11

10. Jackson Co. 45/6

That Strenth polls is a bunch of bull. For ex. Jackson Liberty is ranked number 12 in the state in the Strenth ranking. Is it only me or somethin off by a little. Liberty has played Raleigh Egypt, Nation Ranked Teams and won. And just not one national ranked team but 4 ranked teams in the nation. How in the world are they number 12 in the state. That Strenth ranking stinks and anyone that puts stock in it is crazy as the ranking system. And that is just one team

Becareful what you wish for as if something like this happened there would be very few, IF ANY, girls teams from your schools ever make it to the buro' again so this will NEVER happen. Middle Tn would win almost every gold ball from now till the end of time in girls basketball. Everyone on here is talking about the past regardless of whether its last year or 10 years ago. So if you're going to live in the past then the West teams have won only 30% (3 out of 10) times in the last 10 years. There is no dominance here. Temple won it two years in a row in 02 and 03 so where was the West's dominance then? Unaka won it in 04' Chattanooga Christian in 01' 99 Moore County, 98 Ezell Harding, and 97' Perry Co. so where was the West's dominant teams? The WEST dominates NOTHING according to the FACTS! History is just that, leave it in the past and lets move on. Union City in my mind is the #1 team in Class A as they are the reigning champions and unlike college football where LSU was the best team in the country but not given a chance to prove it, there will be a State Championship played in March and may the BEST TEAM WIN! :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic

Who does Grace Christian play.. they have the 105th strenth of schedule.. I mean with that easy of a schedule I think some middle school teams could play varsity single A

I have seen a lot of basketball in my days. I have played it, I am a current fan, and I am a current TSSAA official so I am involved in this great sport at least 4 nites a week. There's a lot of good single A basketball teams in the East and there are a few great ones as well. Don't knock Grace Christian until you have seen them or played them because I can tell you firsthand that they are a very well disciplined hard playing and very well coached team that doesn't give up. The Rams are the real deal so Let's quit talking about the strenght of schedules and just simply go play 32 minutes of roundball. :lol:

GCA Rams.......Lead, Build and Equip. Building champions for Christ