New Coach @ Science Hill

PowrPlus

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith spent five seasons at the old antioch high school in the late 80's early 90's under Terry Anderson. From there he took the head job for the Tennessee Generals, a minor league football team. Spent one year doing that and then went to Greenbrier. Not sure of his record. From there he went to Ezell and it is here where he gained his fame for taking Ezell to the state championship in 1A. He left for personal reasons and went to head up the upstart Independence team. From there it looked as if he was on track to compete with the likes of Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Dickson Co. His record this year was pretty impressive up until week 7 which is where things slipped away. Like others have said he has a good record. However he is one of those love/hate coaches. I will let Science Hill make their own opinions. From what I have read, Science Hill obviously didnt get their first choice and maybe didnt even get the most qualified applicant. Only the powers to be know why Smith was chosen!

Left before the best year, returning nearly 30 seniors only losing 6 starters total... For the life of me i can not understand why he would leave this up coming class..?? Science Hill good luck HOPEFULLY he wont leave ya'll out to dry!

He has the same initals as the old ball coach. He needs to make a better effort to get along with the boss principal.

Good luck SS. Please get some new usernames!!!! :D

Shadow, I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Smith was infamous on here for posting under various usernames to toot his own horn. In fact , I busted him on the SH thread under the name batmanwasatreehugger. He is arrogant and argumentative as proven many times on this very forum. Hopefully, he grows up. As to why he left INDY......you've got me. But I would bet he ticked someone off by posting on the T.

Good luck to Science Hill, but beware, he seems to be one of those coaches who likes to put his hat in the ring for new jobs all the time.....

Here is a copy and paste of one of his posts along with one of his other user names, Green Lantern. Search them and see for yourself.

Posted on: Jan 2 2006 - 10:05 PM

Camper

Group: Guests

Member No.: 89,873

Will the real Scott Smith please stand-up?

The room is spinning is scott smith Green Lantern and Batman...... only time will tell......is one my brother or another coach...either way bulldog69....name your time, the new schedules are put together next fall...what about a scrimmage this year...want to mix it up....name the date and my balls will be there...no division one players this time...come get some and stop hidding behind that size 19 neck....LILIC, one of my own boys, a Judas for sure but now at least I have learned to watch my backside, don't be a hater and sleep tight..your time is coming very soon...sooner than you think my friend

Edited by 2priceless

Shadow, I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Smith was infamous on here for posting under various usernames to toot his own horn. In fact , I busted him on the SH thread under the name batmanwasatreehugger. He is arrogant and argumentative as proven many times on this very forum. Hopefully, he grows up. As to why he left INDY......you've got me. But I would bet he ticked someone off by posting on the T.

Good luck to Science Hill, but beware, he seems to be one of those coaches who likes to put his hat in the ring for new jobs all the time.....

2P you are so right on (check Ibushrat). He schedule Indy for MBA, BA, and Ensworth for his out of conference for 2007 with the other region games, then he got cold feet while standing in the frying pan. He could have done a favor for Indy by leaving the ship. He has jump so many times, you think he was a frog. Now he is in the East Region 1. He might do well against the likes of DB, Bearden, Campbell, Karns, and Sevier. Then again, he might not. Indy is loaded with players and the new coach will do fine.

Edited by rapbwood

Hey Guys,

I am going to tell you what you are getting. A guy that has an unwavering desire to be the best coach in Tennessee. That hates to lose and a great players coach. He is a love/hate guy. If you are with him, then he is your best friend, and if you are agianst he hates you. You guys are getting a proven program builder and a great guy. You got the best man. Now, sit back and watch him work his magic again.

Well...Good Luck SHHS. I sincerely hope this works out for the best. Only time will tell. When I first heard of Rankin instinct told me he was the correct one. And now instinct tells me Ralph would have been the best choice after all. I'm rather disappointed because we all were looking for a reason to get fired up. Maybe it will pan out. However, I can't help but feel that it didn't work out quite like it should have. The spread doesn't happen overnight. It takes lots of time to gel the WR/QB relationships...not to mention zone blocking. At any rate...we look forward to week 0. I would imagine the first game will be held in the Valley of Death but I'm not certain. Monica, could you confirm that one? I see that as one blistering August evening. Rebel Nation!