PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson promoted at Jefferson County

By News Sentinel staff

May 7, 2007

Jefferson County High School has promoted Justin Anderson from assistant coach to head football coach.

Anderson has been an assistant on the staff for three years since coming out of Carson-Newman College. He was an four-year starter and an All-American playing center for the Eagles.

He is product of Jefferson County High School, where he played football and was a state champion wrestler.

He replaces Marty Everard, who left after last season to take over the offensive coordinator job at Battle Ground Academy.

"We feel very confident in his being able to handle the position," said Patriots athletic director Craig Kisabeth. "He did an excellent job of getting out into the community — contacting middle school players and their parents — while he was our interim coach. His impressive work while he was handling the job on an interim basis made the decision much easier for us. While he hasn't had the experience as a head coach, his character, energy level and knowledge of the game will help take us where we need to be."

More details as they develop online and in tomorrow's News Sentinel

Are you guys serious? I guess neither of you progressed beyond your schoolyard bully days. Statements like these in today's world normally end with Smith and Wesson and sad singing. Get a life, both of you, and understand that being a bully at any age past 7 is likely frought with potential disaster.

Go Pats, return to your respectful glory days!

Ole Dad

Pigskin I'll meet you anywhere and anytime, just tell me who you are and where you want to meet!! Pats out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I try to stay out of this, but some things go to far!! Let's have a roll call and find out who is who on the board!! It's not hard to figure out who I am what about the rest of the trash talkers!! For those of you that don't know i'm Cliff Briggs!! I'm just curious to see who else will man up and tell us who they are!!!

If the veer is an outdated offense, how does CN run it so well? With that Gut spent most of his football playing days running the veer!! AA linemen at CN anchoring the whole system, he knows how to run it, and run it well!! He's gonna get the job done!! Just hope all the kids buy in!!

I don't agree that the veer is outdated but CN has not had near the success with the veer as they have had in the past. They have been middle of the road for the past several years, even when gut was there.

My question is this, with all of the former JC football players that are curreently coaching high school football (several with head coaching experience) why did very few (2) even apply for the job. The root of the problem goes much deeper than the players, coaches. I think that none of them want to work under coach K and Mr. S. They have made two pretty bad hires in the past and then offer the job to a 20 something year old with no head coaching or any real coordinating experience. Coach K's response int he paper was that "Gut" (Another issue) showed great ability to go and talk to the middle school parents showed him thta "Gut" was ready to be a head coach. Come on, I can go and talk to middle school parents so I guess I will apply in a few years when "Gut" gets tired of working for these jokers.

The veer is an outdated offense.

The HS with the longest winning streak in the nation (and best overall record in history I believe) located in CA runs the veer and has forever. I think the kids will buy in on it. Spirits are high. The problem will be for the coaches to keep them at that level and build on it. That is were the fans and parents and students come in. This is a Jefferson County program and everyone should do their best to support it regardless. Yes there will be problems with it (new play scheme) but thats normal.

Edited by Topgun