ole murfreesburo high

schmukduck

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what ahppen 2 ole murfreeburo high? is it riverdale?

In May 1973, it went from M'boro Central High School to M'boro Central Middle School. The student body was divided between two identical new high schools, Oakland and Riverdale which opened in August 1973.

M'boro Central had some awesome football teams from '67 through '72 under Gene Windham winning the state AAA championship in '70 with a 13-0 record defeating Memphis Melrose 36-0 in the championship game.

Along with Central High closing to make Oakland and Riverdale, there were some other small High Schools closed also. Walter Hill, Lascasses and Kitrell. Thing is now we are seeing even more schools having to be built as the population has exploded here in Rutherford County. Along with Oakland and Riverdale there is now Blackman and Siegel with a 5th 'supposedly' on the way. The only 'small' High School that was not closed in 73 was Eagleville.

Along with Central High closing to make Oakland and Riverdale, there were some other small High Schools closed also. Walter Hill, Lascasses and Kitrell. Thing is now we are seeing even more schools having to be built as the population has exploded here in Rutherford County. Along with Oakland and Riverdale there is now Blackman and Siegel with a 5th 'supposedly' on the way. The only 'small' High School that was not closed in 73 was Eagleville.

whatw as they mascot?

In May 1973, it went from M'boro Central High School to M'boro Central Middle School. The student body was divided between two identical new high schools, Oakland and Riverdale which opened in August 1973.

M'boro Central had some awesome football teams from '67 through '72 under Gene Windham winning the state AAA championship in '70 with a 13-0 record defeating Memphis Melrose 36-0 in the championship game.

We played them at Lawrence County those years. Beat them in 67, beat them in 68, tied them in 69 which was my senior year. We had more trouble with Franklin County and Lincoln County than we did them, for some reason. The year after I graduated they beat LCHS 52-0, I think it was, the year they won the championship.

if there was a mboro high it would be the most DOMINATE school in the state HANDS DOWN there is a lot of talent around here in murfreesboro and if was to be put together as one it would LETHAL

If you had one high school in Murfreesboro it should dominate as it would have over 7500 students.

Edited by cbg

if there was a mboro high it would be the most DOMINATE school in the state HANDS DOWN there is a lot of talent around here in murfreesboro and if was to be put together as one it would LETHAL

I would have to disagree as there are some other counties I can think of that would be just as good if not better including Blount Co., Williamson Co., Davidson Co. and Shelby Co.