Sullivan Central defeats Science Hill

brock20

Sullivan Central defeats Science Hill tonight by about 11 or 13 at the Topper Palace. It took Central awhile to get going but they stayed in the same groove they have been in since the loss to TN High. Wes Baker was out for this game but will be back Tuesday against Virginia High.

Anyone who was at the game got to hear the speech made over the PA about sportsmanship but obviously Omar must have been taking a nap or something during this because he showed some of the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen. To begin with he did not shake any Central players hand during the pre-game tip off. After that he tries to talk trash and get into the face of any Central player that guards him. And then after the game is pretty much in hand and Central is just trying to pass the ball around during the last few seconds Omar steals the ball, makes a layup and then throws the ball into the stomach of the Central player standing out of bounds and then decides he needs to scream the F-bomb repeatedly. And for his final performance he only walks half-way through the line to shake hands and shakes no Central's players hand. And these are just a few examples. What a class act.

Funniest thing about the whole game was that Courtney Pigram, Andrew Reed and some other ETSU players were at the game and they had to be saying to themselves "We are over here playing at ETSU and this guy is going to Georgetown?!?"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 13 2007 - 12:23 AM) 826330287[/snapback]

That IS funny!!! LOL

I believe a Central player dropped the "n" word against a Red Bank player at the Topper Palace earlier this year but no one made a board on here to blast that kid....

What's worse is that I've coached Omar before and I know that this type of behavior is not typical of him. 99 out of 100 times he is the classiest player on the floor, this game he happened to be at his worst. What I know is Omar is a competitor to no end. He hates to lose more than most love to win. If you were at the game then you would also notice that Ken Cutlip refuses to let Omar take a game over. To him its more important to sit his best player for taking an ill-advised 3 pointer with the game tied in the third, and lose any momentum the toppers had, than it is important for him to win a game. That to me is bad coaching. Hats off to Central and coach Vaughn for sticking to their plan and making it work. Cutlip micro-manages the game too much as a coach and its not working out. Frustration is starting to show on the court with the attitude of all the players including, Omar who would give anything to win if given the opportunity. Attitude or not you don't ice your best player to make a point. Its hard to stay positive when your coach isn't positive at all, hess express would agree with me on that one, PLAY your BEST PLAYERS Coach.

Congrats to the Cougars for the big win at Science Hill!!! However, how does anyone from Central get off talking about Sportsmanship? Everyone that has played Central knows that Cougar fans are the worst when it comes to cursing opposing players on the floor. And as far as Omar, he may be well behaved 99% of the time, but people's true side usually comes out in tough times. Its easy to show some class when you are winning. True class comes out when you have to deal with things not going your way. If he's so frustrated with how he's being coached, then there are plenty of other coaches in the area who would give him the ball as much as he wants. Its not like the TSSAA cracks down on players playing at the schools they're supposed to. They take about as much pride in that as they do putting quality officials on the floor.

To quote Omar from the Johnson City Press:

"I've never been so upset by our performance and the way we got it rubbed in our faces. Some of the comments they made after the game when we were shaking hands, I just had to walk away. I was boiling. I never will forget this game."

Since Central has got so much bad press lately I figured I would get on here and try to defend Central on Omar's accusation of Central players making comments to him after the game. Just my opinion but it didn't look to me like any Central player made any comments. Heck it didn't look like any player from Central had enough time to say anything to him in the line. But don't take my word for it, watch it for yourself:

The only reason Omar made these comments about Central after the game was to downplay his sorry behavior throughout the game.

QUOTE(hightop @ Jan 13 2007 - 09:47 PM) 826331172[/snapback]

To quote Omar from the Johnson City Press:

"I've never been so upset by our performance and the way we got it rubbed in our faces. Some of the comments they made after the game when we were shaking hands, I just had to walk away. I was boiling. I never will forget this game."

Since Central has got so much bad press lately I figured I would get on here and try to defend Central on Omar's accusation of Central players making comments to him after the game. Just my opinion but it didn't look to me like any Central player made any comments. Heck it didn't look like any player from Central had enough time to say anything to him in the line. But don't take my word for it, watch it for yourself:

The only reason Omar made these comments about Central after the game was to downplay his sorry behavior throughout the game.

It must have been the first 2 or 3 guys that went through the line, that's when Omar left the line to go to the locker room.

QUOTE(thehill23 @ Jan 13 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826331191[/snapback]

It must have been the first 2 or 3 guys that went through the line, that's when Omar left the line to go to the locker room.

no I don't think so..The first person through the line was the coach and the first and second player was walking to fast to say anything he was already on his way to the locker room at that point. What he was boiling over was getting beat on his own home floor by a team that he talked trash to allnight long.

I for one have to say HATS OFF to the Central Circus!!! Hightop…a picture is worth a thousand words but video footage………….PRICELESS !!! Not to defend him but Omar has to be a frustrated kid not only with the loss but also with his situation in his home camp. Therefore I must say I’m stunned but not surprised at what’s I’ve heard and seen on this thread. I’m sure this will be a learning experience for him because a betting man has to believe you two will meet again this year.

This win sets the stage for the showdown this Friday with the Indians of DB…the only other team from the Big 9 that has had the juice to take down the Toppers!!! Both teams seem to have a head of steam built up so it will be interesting to see who will make it to the station after all the smoke clears. There’s a lot riding on this game for both teams.