Karns Rumors

Oak Ridger

QUOTE(TankTalk @ Feb 5 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826359386[/snapback]

Talked with Clifford Davis this morning, nice guy by the way.

Applications will be taken until the 9th, then the selection committee will pick 10 names. Those 10 will be given interviews and then the list is whittled to three.

From those three, the administration will pick the coach.

Davis said interest has been incredibly high and the committee (which is made up of five school folks, four parents and one member of the community) has a great crop of names and coaches to choose from.

Search committees ... some people from Oak Ridge have "fond" memories of those.

Miner told me he has in fact applied, did so last Thursday according to him ... maybe it was Wednesday. As for Gray, I have no idea, but would assume that he has also applied. Mr. Davis wouldn't give me the names, of course.

Thanks Tank

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Applications will be taken until the 9th, then the selection committee will pick 10 names. Those 10 will be given interviews and then the list is whittled to three.

Davis said interest has been incredibly high and the committee (which is made up of five school folks, four parents and one member of the community) has a great crop of names and coaches to choose from.

Miner told me he has in fact applied, did so last Thursday according to him ... maybe it was Wednesday. As for Gray, I have no idea, but would assume that he has also applied. Mr. Davis wouldn't give me the names, of course.

Thank you. Please keep us posted if you can.

QUOTE(ORidgeKat @ Feb 6 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826360642[/snapback]

Hey Tank, what's your gut on this, if Jeff gets the job, would Tommy go too?

I tend to agree with others, if Jeff gets the job, Tommy would go as well. In fact, perhaps two others would go, like most have speculated.

QUOTE(ORidgeKat @ Feb 6 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826360669[/snapback]

If that did happen, we'd have very few coaches left. What's the chances of Speas coming back.

I wouldn't look for Speas to be back this season. I think he's an amazing coach and could be in the high school ranks, however. All of that is just a feeling, with no fact-based argument behind it.

That would leave Layton, Spradlin, and Verner. I've heard Saunders is just about to pack it in. What about McKeethan? Looks like Stanton could be doing some interviewing of potential assistants to me. What concerns me is the lack of coaches that teach in the high school. Believe me, it is important for alot of reasons to have most, not all, but most of your coaches visible in the school building on a daily basis; discipline, acedemics, recruiting potential players, etc.

If you really want the names of the applicants you can get them from the Knox County School Board HR department. They won't give them over the phone and you'll need to call ahead to tell them what you want, but the actual applications are a matter of public record. I'm glad to hear that Miner from Oak Ridge has applied. It seems like he should make the 1st cut of 10 for sure.

The info I've been given indicates they hope to have a decision by the end of February.

QUOTE(TankTalk @ Feb 6 2007 - 03:12 PM) 826360692[/snapback]

I tend to agree with others, if Jeff gets the job, Tommy would go as well. In fact, perhaps two others would go, like most have speculated.

I wouldn't look for Speas to be back this season. I think he's an amazing coach and could be in the high school ranks, however. All of that is just a feeling, with no fact-based argument behind it.

The speculation ends here. Speas is not coming back next year. He has a family and as a good father and husband finds that more important than high school football. He will be back at Robertsville again next year.