The Heat Is On!

compusatman

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TopVol, could you or any one else in the know elaborate on the Nike Camp format. I can't seem to get any answers at the Nike message boards or at Rival.com. Do you have to be a rising Senior or can you be a rising Junior? And do the Nike camps get you into the Nike combines or the other way around. I do understand that if your coach doesn't recommend you then a film can be sent in. If someone could present a step by step approach then many would benefit.

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 7 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826431844[/snapback]TopVol, could you or any one else in the know elaborate on the Nike Camp format. I can't seem to get any answers at the Nike message boards or at Rival.com. Do you have to be a rising Senior or can you be a rising Junior? And do the Nike camps get you into the Nike combines or the other way around. I do understand that if your coach doesn't recommend you then a film can be sent in. If someone could present a step by step approach then many would benefit.

From what I understand the Nike Combine is an step in to getting to the Camp but it also has alot to do with name recognition. Coaches recommendations count alot as well as video. I understood it to be for rising seniors but exceptional underclassmen get alot of consideration. Solomon attended an camp last year so he fits into all of those layers especially with his showing at the Charlotte Combine. Here's a link that tells alot more than I actually know since it's the home site for the people who pick the campsNike Camp and Combine Info if there is anything else I can help with let me know. Most of my info has came from the director of the camps through emails and post on the message boards.

I heard we were only having one scrimmage which I'm sure is false. And what I read is that Cutcliffe is coming to see him during spring drills. I don't think he would waste his time coming unless it were a scrimmage. Do you know who the contests are with? Also, that "other" SEC Head Coach is supposed to be at "a" scrimmage also. And I think both of those are confirmed. I would think the choice of opponents is crucial. And as well I think the opposing coaches would be exstatic to be there. Like maybe DB or a Knoxville team. I look for it to be one of the Morristowns. I'm sure you already know. If so elaborate please. I would love to scrimmage DB. We could probably sell tickets to that one. Everyone on both sides are wishing to put all differences aside and resume our rivalry despite our losing ways. You gotta admit...it's a rush. Despite all the warzone tactics. I'm glad to have the 'Toppers on the list but if DB were there also it would just be the icing on the cake! And after Stacy ordered the dressing room polished...well roll out the red carpet. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 7 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826431922[/snapback]TopVol, when you say he attended a camp last year was it a Nike camp or a generic camp?

Nike camp. I thought that was the only ones we were talking about /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />....sorry couldn't resist....He attended the Nike camp at Clemson last year. The combines are used to get the SPARQ

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 7 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826431922[/snapback]TopVol, when you say he attended a camp last year was it a Nike camp or a generic camp?

Nike camp. I thought that was the only ones we were talking about /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />....sorry couldn't resist....He attended the Nike camp at Clemson last year. The combines are used to get the SPARQ ratings which seem to a big factor in getting an invite. He was recommended by an coach last year. He had the top rating at the Charlotte combine this year and will be invited to one this year per se Brian Stumpf.

QUOTE(compusatman @ Apr 7 2007 - 06:08 PM) 826431972[/snapback]You're right, we were only talking about Nike camps. Gotta stay on your toes in this thread, huh. Yeah, I'm clear on the process now. I only saw one Soph in the list. He must be awsome. Anyway, best get started early. The Junior year is crucial.

Yes it is. The more video you can get the better you are. I wouldn't trust game film video but invest in an decent camcorder and some editing software.

So when he went to a combine in his Soph year were his numbers good. Obviously good enough to get into a Nike camp. Unless he got in through another means. I do understand the other avenues. And I'm concerned that if your Soph numbers are not premier then are you black listed. I would think the improvement ratio between years is the desired look. Or as others suggest, go to a non-Nike combine just to get used to the process. Obviously if the ahtlete is borderline because of injury then it becomes a consideration. Nike combine or non-Nike combine.