Halls, Powell & Central

ZCAR

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see some old friends on this site again. Welcome back.

I can't wait for the new sophomore group to mesh with the upper classmen.

Life is good and I'm excited about our Devils this year. I'm sure the boys are doing well in the weight room looking forward to new season ahead.

See a dog fight between these three programs and just gleemed of the Powell thread they took a big hit on losing another good player in sophomore Andy Singleton due to moving out of town. I wonder if any new faces have moved into the area for Halls or has any had to leave?

QUOTE(ZCAR @ Jan 30 2007 - 02:39 PM) 826351682[/snapback]

Good to see some old friends on this site again. Welcome back.

I can't wait for the new sophomore group to mesh with the upper classmen.

Life is good and I'm excited about our Devils this year. I'm sure the boys are doing well in the weight room looking forward to new season ahead.

See a dog fight between these three programs and just gleemed of the Powell thread they took a big hit on losing another good player in sophomore Andy Singleton due to moving out of town. I wonder if any new faces have moved into the area for Halls or has any had to leave?

Thanks, ZCAR, to the extent you were talking about me. I've been so busy in the past month or so I haven't checked in on what was going on here.

I'm looking forward to seeing the big Shaddix kid, who will be a sophomore in the fall, working with the line. He certainly has the size to help, but I haven't seen him play much.

A junior -- Doug Foust -- moved out of state. He was only here last year, was a little small, but he hustled and ran well as a RB on JV. That's the only one I know of who has left.

I agree that losing Andy Singleton is another big blow to the Panthers. They already had hemorrhaged pretty badly with their senior departures hadn't they.

..............WOAH NELLY........ hold on it will take more than 2 players to put central over a 30 to 7 hump..(of last year's lost to west)...]

Son the hump you speak of perhaps isnt as big as you think. Central was ahead in the monsoon at the half. The Cats had to punt on their first posession of the second half and West ran the punt back about thirty yards for the go ahead TD. Shortly thereafter Central lost ALL Region players, D Tackle, Corry Jeffries, Middle Linebacker Josh Owens, QB Clark McMillan, T Back Jamie Wilson, And they played the entire game without All State D End Orlando Blair. The score was inflated badly as the 2nd team QB from Central fumbled and turned the ball over twice inside the Bobcat 20 yard line, and even fumbled once in the End zone for a Rebel score. Essentially the Mighty Rebels were playing against Junior Varsity Competition the entire second half of that game. If you dont believe me watch the film.

You would be correct...I don't think too many people are going to feel sorry for the Bobcats. Pigskinrules, Central maybe is finding out what it is like to play with mainly your own players instead of some other schools. It's much tougher to win with only kids in your zone unless your A-E. Central has made a living with players outside it's zone and maybe the recruiting coordinator has moved on somewhere else. NOBODY can deny a few years ago when out of 22 possible off. and def. positions 13 were occupied by kids outside of Central zone. How many this year? I know a few but not like the past. They will have some next year too and will probably rebound but again if 1 or 2 get hurt they will have the same problem...instead of starters being primarily out of zone kids and depth being in zone kids they will be playing with starters primarily of in zone kids and no depth.

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Jan 31 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826352800[/snapback]

That is what is happening to Central. They are losing those good backups and depth they were getting 3 to 4 years ago to Fulton.