Lawrence Co upsets Shelbyville

persistant

my prediction-Lawrence Co pulls it off by 4

Guess I got lucky with that guess.Lawrence Co played excellent tonight and definetly gets a long-deserving win over Shelbyville.Cori Jones hit clutch free throw after clutch free throw and showed most people that anything can happen.I'm not positive but i'm almost sure that this is the first win against Shelbyville that the seniors have seen since they've been in highschool.But Congrats to the Lady Cats on a huge win tonight

District just got a whole lot better

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Lady Cats on a MUCH deserved win! Each and every Lady Cat played a vital role in this win! Fan support, including the student section support, stayed strong behind these young ladies throughout this hard-fought battle! Keep up the hard work, intensity, and amazing heart; there is no telling how many more people you will shock! We are all so very proud of all of you!

wildcatbasketball_3: We are all very glad your prediction was right!

Good luck to the Lady Cats on Tuesday night as the Coffee County Lady Raiders come to town!

QUOTE(Shootmore @ Jan 20 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826338947[/snapback]

Congrats to Lawrence Co!! BIG win!!

Hey persistent, Is it really all about the coaching

Not to answer for persistent, but yes it is. The talent was there last year and was not put to good use. The talent was there plus some two years ago and was petty much destroyed. This group of ladies deserve a chance to show what they can do and finally they have a coach. So, it's not all about the coach, but that was the missing piece. Just wish it would have happened a couple of years ago.

HOOPS TO YA!!!!

kw

Lawrence County played seven players while Shelbyville played nine. Lawrence County's Ashley Moore, Hannah Smith, and Jordan Luffman held Shelbyville's Alex Jarrell to 10 points. Great defensive effort from these three as they all scored 6 points each to go with that effort. Andrea Bennett 11, Cori Jones 13, Ashley Moore 6, and Angela Spann 12 contributed scoring from the perimeter. While Hannah Smith 6, and Jordan Luffman 6 cotributed there scoring from down low. Katie Hill also played and had a three rim out but played good defense. This was a great team effort from the players on the floor to the coaching, to the players on the bench. They supported there team mates from the tip off till the final buzzer sounded. The student section and fans were great with there support,also. Cori Jones hit 8 free throws in the 4th to put LCHS up by 3 with about 10 seconds to go, Ashley Moore then hit her first of two free throws to seal the game giving LCHS a 4 point lead with 1.6 seconds left. She missed her second one but got the rebound and held the ball. This was a complete team effort by all. Great job and congratulations to the whole Lady Cat Family!!!!!!!!!!!! Lawrence County 54 Shelbyville 50

I told you that they were not that good of a Team. The key word is team. They play as individuals not as a team. They were out coach at every point. Watch what I said they WILL NOT make it out of district. I'm not sure why anyone would measure a team by what a team did in the PAST. Those teams where GOOD plus as much as hate to say it had good coaching. This program is on the way down. The BEST FRESHMAN inis district is Jordyn L. She got the Senior and most of the post in foul trouble. Lawerence Co played with heart and as team. They wanted it and got what they knew they could do.

Now it Franklin Co turn. I was hoping the Wilds would have did this but they will put a end to the great shelbyville team. They should drop out of top 5 and out of the nationally ranking for sure now. I also told you they have NO bench. If you stop the starters you stop Shelbyville. Put pressure on the PtG and get phsycial will Jarrel they fall down. No back up at point and no shooting guards to come off bench to give rest to their shooters.

Come over to Franklin Co and watch for yourself. I got to see Lawerence Co beat Shelbyville and enjoyed every moment. Watching shelbyville student section just sit there while LC kids where cheering was funny.

Way to go Lawerence Co. now go get regionals because Shelbyville will not be there.

Franklin Co, Linclon Co, or Lawerence Co will be the ones to play Riverdale for the championship

I wanted to see Flatcreekjim but no one knew who that was. I guess he was hiding after the first half.

It looks like I will be eating steak at State this year not Crow pie.

QUOTE(BBWizard @ Jan 20 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826339065[/snapback]

I told you that they were not that good of a Team. The key word is team. They play as individuals not as a team. They were out coach at every point. Watch what I said they WILL NOT make it out of district. I'm not sure why anyone would measure a team by what a team did in the PAST. Those teams where GOOD plus as much as hate to say it had good coaching. This program is on the way down. The BEST FRESHMAN inis district is Jordyn L. She got the Senior and most of the post in foul trouble. Lawerence Co played with heart and as team. They wanted it and got what they knew they could do.

Now it Franklin Co turn. I was hoping the Wilds would have did this but they will put a end to the great shelbyville team. They should drop out of top 5 and out of the nationally ranking for sure now. I also told you they have NO bench. If you stop the starters you stop Shelbyville. Put pressure on the PtG and get phsycial will Jarrel they fall down. No back up at point and no shooting guards to come off bench to give rest to their shooters.

Come over to Franklin Co and watch for yourself. I got to see Lawerence Co beat Shelbyville and enjoyed every moment. Watching shelbyville student section just sit there while LC kids where cheering was funny.

Way to go Lawerence Co. now go get regionals because Shelbyville will not be there.

Franklin Co, Linclon Co, or Lawerence Co will be the ones to play Riverdale for the championship

I wanted to see Flatcreekjim but no one knew who that was. I guess he was hiding after the first half.

It looks like I will be eating steak at State this year not Crow pie.

Riverdale may not be the team playing for the championship. They will be in the same bracket as 2 of those 4 teams as well as Oakland and Cookville. I'm going to say that with all of those teams Shelbyville may not make it to the championship game.

I'm sure you meant out of the region and not out of the district.