Dobyns-Bennett wins #2,000

WaCoJaCo

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Jan 23 2007 - 11:22 AM) 826342270[/snapback]

"The only way DB can win..." Are you kidding me? You guys barely won last time in one of DB's worst games of the year. Young and Turnbull are not difficult players at all to guard, they will be controlled. DB will win this one, easily.

That seems to be everybody’s excuse this year. What are the chances that the Vikings have caught EVERY single team they have defeated on “one of their worst games all year”?! Do we not see a pattern here ? And one more thing…DB isn’t the only team that came back from the Christmas break with a new face . Billy Bob you will need to find a more original excuse this time…that one is played out.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap,

I think Ron goes by what is supposed to happen a bit too often...D-B was picked to win the conference, so...just a guess...expects them to be there...you certainly have a valid point with that...

much like the AP rankings vs. the MaxPrep rankings, Greeneville #1 in one and not ranked at all in the other (Max includes all classifications into one ranking)...is there a bias to the East in one and against the East in the other?...not sure...

hey, and at least one of the parents writing for TriCitiesSports.com was a longtime sports broadcaster and also wrote for Chip Kessler's Sportstalk paper years ago...it's a job...I know for a fact that that parent doesn't vote or have any input into the top 10...nor does anyone else (as far as I know).

TN High has been the most consistent of all the teams in the Big 9...period.

D-B has Coty Sensabaugh back and that does definitely improve the team.

Should be a great game...don't you think?

Roll Tribe Roll

QUOTE(DBWATCHDOG @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826342221[/snapback]

Is Coach T going to make you be PC and remove your Indian signature? I dont see DB changing their mascot. Any thoughts?

I can't believe they are talking about eliminating the mascot, 'INDIANS'. That is insane! I can't imagine DB not being the Indians... no more roll tribe?? Do you think they will go through with it? I hope not and I'm sure Kingsport doesn't wan't that either.

I think this is going to be a really good game. I will hand it to DB, with Coty back they have become a better team. But THS is still playing the same style ball they did last time they played except a little better. This isnt going to be an easy game for anyone. Who knows, it might be another close game till the last seconds

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826342496[/snapback]

My question is why is DB constantly being ranked over THS in RON BLISS’s NET Top 10 Rankings on tricitiessports.com? How does he continue to justify that when the Vikings beat the Indians in their only contest of the year so far, and they are tied in conference wins and losses but have a better overall record than DB. Even after THS and Central both beat DB earlier in the season; he still ranked DB higher than both. I think he ever had Unicoi Co ranked over the Vikings at one point. I've also noticed that he even prints stories written by DB parents. He should just call his paper "DBandtherestsports.com".

You will see why this Friday night. I'll leave it at that...

Yah Skunk...I know how poles go. I just wanted to put it out there that Ron takes what little merit his pole has away when he ranks the teams that way. If he would just do it unbiased it may just work out as he thought anyway. The Vikings have to run the gauntlet these next two weeks starting tonight, and I would have like to see them get the credit do while it was still do…if you know what I mean. Not that I have lost confidence in my team...it just that these guys have overcome many odds to do this well at this point. And as we all know...anything can happen this year in the Big 9!

The parent that I was referring to does a VERY good job and I enjoy all of his articles even though they are all about a rival. It would be nice to get a sports writer like that in one of the local news papers…you know…someone that is truly into and has a passion for high school sports so that you're not left wondering what the rest of the story is.

I have watched the progression of the Indians sense Coty’s return and know what we are up against. But I have to rely on the fact that our team is still pretty much a mystery and there hasn’t been a coach that has found a way to crack the code of our defense which may always look the same, but in reality is always changing. We are out matched and out gunned going into almost every contest, but somehow manage to throw our opponent’s game off the norm just enough to pull out the win in most cases. Coach Witcher has done a great job and maybe this year he has made it easier to pick a clear cut recipient of the Big 9 Coach of the Year award. I’m not sure if that will be enough to defeat the Indians with their floor general back…but I had the same feeling going into our last competition so who knows. One thing I do have to say about Coty’s return. I think his presence on the court gives a confidence to the team (and coach for that matter) that elevates everyone’s game. I think that has helped the Indians more so than the few points and plays he adds.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Jan 23 2007 - 03:51 PM) 826342661[/snapback]

You will see why this Friday night. I'll leave it at that...

That’s probably your best bet…I haven’t brought the trash out in a while. And I would hate for you to have to walk through the halls tomorrow at school and have your friends pointing at you while they laugh. Now that I think about it...that does paint a funny picture.

Cap,

I said before, the Vikings have been the most consistent team in the Big 9 all year...Coach Witcher has a solid plan that is being well executed and the growth and maturity of Tennessee High has happened as the positive results have continued...nice when it all comes together...

The Vikings do deserve the recognition...they are solidly in second place in the conference and would have the second seed if the district started today, but I also think that gauntlet applies to everyone this year...and your Vikings have navigated real well thus far...the rest of the season should be very interesting.

Good luck tonight (okay, and Friday, too)

Roll Tribe Roll

QUOTE(SMyers @ Jan 23 2007 - 03:11 PM) 826342604[/snapback]

I can't believe they are talking about eliminating the mascot, 'INDIANS'. That is insane! I can't imagine DB not being the Indians... no more roll tribe?? Do you think they will go through with it? I hope not and I'm sure Kingsport doesn't wan't that either.

I dont know, depends on who is stirring the stink. DB used to have a chief and a squaw (can I say squaw?) walk around on the field at halftime. It will be interesting to see how much attention this will attract both in the state and across the country. Maybe they can change the name J Fred Johnson Stadium to Harrahs and put slot machines in the new field house. That would keep them injuns happy! Easy money!

QUOTE(1_and_1_make_2 @ Jan 23 2007 - 05:59 PM) 826342807[/snapback]

When are the animal rights activists gonna come to Nashville and make every team that has a mascot as an animal change their mascot. This is absolutely rediculous. If the native americans get this verdict, then they ought to pay for every team's uniform and school alterations to repair this "racism".

I guess the Hilltoppers will never be in jeopardy! Maybe DB should change to the Hokies?

QUOTE(Jimmy-just-doesn't-miss @ Jan 23 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826342505[/snapback]

Who keeps up with this stat of how many games a highschool has won in history? Is it online somewhere? Congrats on the record!

I would like to know this as well. Seems like there would be schools out there with more than 2000 wins. I would like to know how many wins White Co. has. Smiddy from Bradley Central had like 1200 wins all by himself.