TMSAA Area 2 Small

VicKing

QUOTE(kazam37 @ Jan 30 2007 - 02:18 PM) 826351727[/snapback]

I don't think Livesay had an opponent that is currently in this tournament, at least not by their schedule. Nothing is fair anymore, eh? It would be cool if we came up with a system to make the seeding more accurate.......question is, how?

Kaz

area 1 seeds they teams by their record for the season i think? but if they play a week schedule they can get a high seed. i don't understand how a team with 15-1 could end up with a 7. what are the records of the other teams left in area 2 tourn?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the only reason Livesay is a seventh seed is because you have to have 10 district games to qualify for the district tourny and Livesay only played five so they had to forfit 5 more games which go down as loses in the seedings so actually if they would've played 5 more district games in the regular season they would more than likely be a higher seed... Now the game between Livesay and Wartburg stunned alot of people includin me but Livesay won because all of Wartburg players wanna be the star instead of playin as a team and look were it got them...Absolutly Nowhere!..There season is over because of that...But the Hms vs. Livesay game should be a dandy...Two good coached teams that know the fundamentals...And you have to think Hms will be wantin to defend there district tital so dont count The bears out just yet but they will have to play good against a very good Livesay team Friday Night

ALL semi-final match-ups are now set for Friday:

GIRLS

4:45 Oneida vs Oakdale

6:00 Fairview vs Coalfield

BOYS

7:15 Huntsville vs Livesay

8:30 Oneida vs Fairview

Monday, January 29 results

Girls

Wartburg 43, Jellico 23

BOYS

Fairview over Oakdale

Tuesday, January 30 results

Oakdale over Wartburg by 4pts

Coalfield over Petros comfortably (what I was told)

It's down to the final four in both brackets...any thoughts on who is going to be in the championships.

My predictions

Girls

Oneida vs. Fairview...should be a great game

Boys

Oneida vs. Livesay...both teams haven't played before but they both match up very good.

Well those are my predictions

SASSY73

With all due respect to all the teams in the final four, I would venture to say the girls bracket is still wide open. Sass, I'd say your prediction is fine.....but that final could very well be: Oakdale - Coalfield. In this years girls division I think it is going to come down to desire and execution. The team that makes the fewest mistakes and controls the tempo to their advantage should win it!

Boys.....well.....I'm liking Oneida - Huntsville II!! I'm sure thats a stunner, but I think Huntsville and Oneida both have that look again this year. They were both looking quite comfortable in their earlier games. Huntsville has the discipline to get by Livesay, but its gonna be a good one to witness!

Kazzy

QUOTE(sassy73 @ Jan 31 2007 - 07:58 PM) 826353660[/snapback]

i agree with the girls but come on i dont think huntsville has enough tallent to get past livesay

Sas I dunno bout Livesay over Hms...Both teams are very well coached BUT clearly in my mind Hms has more talent with Brooks and Sexton...My prediction is is that Livesay gets overconfindent and looks by Hms and Hms stunns em...I also say Fairiview dont stand a chance against Oneida BECAUSE I have heard from sources that Fairiview isnt even worried bout Oneida and that there practicin for Hms more than anything...Dont sound very good to me...Good Luck to all 4 teams!

QUOTE(Bama On The Wall @ Feb 1 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826354641[/snapback]

Oneida is overlookin fms but fms is also overlooking oneida as some of the players told me

Oneida is not overlooking Fairview in this game. After these first 2 games these 2 teams have played i dont think they would want to overlook them. If Fairview wants to overlook Oneida, they can but its going to hurt them friday. After losing to Oneida twice why would they want to overlook them???