Livingston Academy @ Jackson Co.

Wildcats#1

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:22 AM) 826350265[/snapback]

No the DC LA game has nothing to do with his actions. He gets on here and bashes everyone. But i do have a question...what was the point of Melton leaving his starters in when they were up by twenty with four minutes left in the game? Im not trying to put him down or anything...i was just wondering.

Chould have been because LA has been loosing big leads in the past!!!

LA by 3 in a close one

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dctigerfan07 @ Jan 29 2007 - 11:22 AM) 826350265[/snapback]

But i do have a question...what was the point of Melton leaving his starters in when they were up by twenty with four minutes left in the game? Im not trying to put him down or anything...i was just wondering.

Did DC take out their starters?

QUOTE(Rup11 @ Jan 29 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826350052[/snapback]

Jackson's playing as hot as anyone right now. Jackson should win by 5, but since Coach Melton is a JERK I'll say Jackson by 12!

define jerk my friend, i think he's a great coach and have and will stick beside him, he has a passion to win and most times he likes to win big, i like it

QUOTE(Rup11 @ Jan 29 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826350052[/snapback]

Jackson's playing as hot as anyone right now. Jackson should win by 5, but since Coach Melton is a JERK I'll say Jackson by 12!

Rup11, do you care to tell us all why you think Melton is a jerk.

Scrububdab made a good point, if wanting to win every game makes you a jerk, then aren't we all?

4 minutes is more than enough time to come back from being down 20 points. Especially, against the Wildcats who have a tendency to let games slip away. So, I don't think that it was a bad move to live the starters in the game. The other team left their starters in the game.

Besides, who are we to question the coach. Unless you are willing to give 30+ hours a week, to building a program, develop young boys into young men, teach them the game of basketball, be competitive, win your district, and then have to put up with parents and "jerks" on a daily basis..... I would stay quiet.

QUOTE(The General @ Jan 30 2007 - 02:16 PM) 826351790[/snapback]

Rup11, do you care to tell us all why you think Melton is a jerk.

Scrububdab made a good point, if wanting to win every game makes you a jerk, then aren't we all?

4 minutes is more than enough time to come back from being down 20 points. Especially, against the Wildcats who have a tendency to let games slip away. So, I don't think that it was a bad move to live the starters in the game. The other team left their starters in the game.

Besides, who are we to question the coach. Unless you are willing to give 30+ hours a week, to building a program, develop young boys into young men, teach them the game of basketball, be competitive, win your district, and then have to put up with parents and "jerks" like you on a daily basis..... I would stay quiet.

Believe me, Melton is not a jerk. He may be a little "high-spirited" at times, but that, I believe, comes from a burning desire to be successful(nothing wrong with that). But, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. As far as the parents go, I don't care if you are coaching Little League baseball or any of the major high school sports, dealing with parents is part of the territory. Every parent wants the best for his or her child, that is just human nature. I will say some parents take it too far. But if a person is thin skinned, rest assured coaching is not a profession you need to be in.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Jan 30 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826351880[/snapback]

Believe me, Melton is not a jerk. He may be a little "high-spirited" at times, but that, I believe, comes from a burning desire to be successful(nothing wrong with that). But, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. As far as the parents go, I don't care if you are coaching Little League baseball or any of the major high school sports, dealing with parents is part of the territory. Every parent wants the best for his or her child, that is just human nature. I will say some parents take it too far. But if a person is thin skinned, rest assured coaching is not a profession you need to be in.

"High-Spirited" sounds like a good way to put it. I wasn't trying to say that He was too thin-skinned for the job. He can get the job done.

LA by 13

QUOTE(devilfanatic @ Jan 30 2007 - 06:16 PM) 826352103[/snapback]

you get beat on your home floor by 6 without one of our starters and you're going to beat us on our home floor by 13? Wow i guess it could happen

WOW!! Looks like it did happen--but only by 12!! Looks as though the REAL LA team has been showing up the past few games!! Keep it up guys. You can be this good every game if you set your minds to it!! GO BIG BLUE!!