Official Thread: Mr. Basketball

CoachT

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(oaklandPOWER @ Feb 2 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826355745[/snapback]

I think they have the District MVP for the best all around player in each district. Mr. Basketball goes to the best player in the state

You misunderstood his post.

Jamie plays in 12-aaa. He is giving Jamie props from another district (11-aaa).

It is nice to see Jamie get recognition from a rival district.

Jamie also is an outstanding student(much like Mo Miller). He is going to Vanderbilt(on scholarship) to play football. He could easily not dedicate himself to basketball. That is the type of player he is(he is going to do the best he can, any sport as well as the classroom). Considering what Jamie is accomplishing on the basketball court with basketball being his SECOND sport is amazing.

He has started all four years at Whites Creek.

QUOTE(coacht @ Jan 31 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826353528[/snapback]

I have the official ballot in my hand. Please make your recommendations from now until February 9th:

The Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards will be presented to the top girls and boys in four classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association at the state basketball championships in March.

This group is to include three finalists for Miss Basketball and three for Mr. Basketball in each classification. The winners of the coveted award are to receive the distinguished Mr. and Miss Basketball trophy with the other finalists being presented plaques.

The awards will be presented for each classification prior to the championship game awards presentation for each class, respectively. The presentation of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Awards for Division II will be given on Saturday, March 3 at Allen Arena on the campus of David Lipscomb University.

The presentation of the Miss Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 10 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

The presentation of the Mr. Basketball Awards for Division I, Classes A, AA, and AAA will be given during each championship awards ceremony for each class on Saturday, March 17 at the Murphy Center on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University.

Any player at any of our member schools is eligible to receive votes, and I would encourage you to take a moment and give careful consideration to any player with whom you are familiar and who you think deserving of the Mr. or Miss Basketball Award.

These votes are a nominating process only. A selection committee that will include representatives from each area of the state will meet to vote on the finalists and winner of the Mr. and Miss Basketball Award for each classification. You may submit the names of up to three players in each classification for the awards. It is not necessary to vote for three players in each category, but that is your option. And, please, consider the statewide aspect of this voting process.

In order for my ballot to be counted in the selection process, it must be received in the TSSAA office no later than noon on FEBRUARY 9. Therefore, please make your recommendations soon. Negative putdowns will not be appreciated.

Antwaine Wiggins from Greeneville in AAA. For Antwaine's sake do not just look at the head to head with Wattad. Wiggins was sick and sprained his ankle the night before vs. Cherokee. Wiggins is the leading scorer and rebounder in East tennessee, but he also plays Defense well along with being one of the best passers and ball handlers at 6'7" I have ever seen.

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Feb 2 2007 - 10:08 AM) 826355787[/snapback]

You misunderstood his post.

Jamie plays in 12-aaa. He is giving Jamie props from another district (11-aaa).

It is nice to see Jamie get recognition from a rival district.

Jamie also is an outstanding student(much like Mo Miller). He is going to Vanderbilt(on scholarship) to play football. He could easily not dedicate himself to basketball. That is the type of player he is(he is going to do the best he can, any sport as well as the classroom). Considering what Jamie is accomplishing on the basketball court with basketball being his SECOND sport is amazing.

He has started all four years at Whites Creek.

Sorry about that i figured he was in the same district the poster was talking about. BTW i'm not denying Graham's skills i've seen him play and he should definitely be in consideration for Mr. Bball.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Feb 2 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826355797[/snapback]

Antwaine Wiggins from Greeneville in AAA. For Antwaine's sake do not just look at the head to head with Wattad. Wiggins was sick and sprained his ankle the night before vs. Cherokee. Wiggins is the leading scorer and rebounder in East tennessee, but he also plays Defense well along with being one of the best passers and ball handlers at 6'7" I have ever seen.

What are his college plans?

QUOTE(montague1 @ Feb 1 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826355408[/snapback]

I agree with everyone except for AA. I think you have to include Jewaun Long, and my underdog pick Ken Bingham. Ken Bingham doesn't have a great team, he is the team. McNairy Central wins because of him. He means more to that team than Long or Slater means to theirs. 12-AA is the best AA district in the state and Ken Bingham is the best player in that district. Long is good player, as is Sain, Slater, and Reggie Bomar. But, Ken Bingham would star for any team.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Feb 2 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826355797[/snapback]

That's like saying, "For Wattad's sake please don't factor the first 13 games of the year where he was playing on a severely sprained ankle..." The fact is Omar outplayed Antwaine, no, dominated him, and if you are considering EITHER as Mr. Basketball, that is something that you should factor into your consideration as well. We don't often get a head to head matchup between possible Mr. Basketball nominee's where the two candidates guard each other and one has a completely lopsided advantage. I realize most people just look at numbers, but to me Mr. Basketball is an overall impact award... head to head battles should count.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Feb 1 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826355408[/snapback]

I agree with everyone except for AA. I think you have to include Jewaun Long, and my underdog pick Ken Bingham. Ken Bingham doesn't have a great team, he is the team. McNairy Central wins because of him. He means more to that team than Long or Slater means to theirs. 12-AA is the best AA district in the state and Ken Bingham is the best player in that district. Long is good player, as is Sain, Slater, and Reggie Bomar. But, Ken Bingham would star for any team.

Sorry,but Ken Bingham is not the best player in that district and with their losing record in the district is not going to be nominated.Justin Blake,Leron Johnson,Josh Sain,Jewon Long,Antwan Long,Ricky Taylor,Tim Ware,Randy Culpepper are just some of the guys in AA that are better than Bingham.

2A...

Josh Sain!!!

Will this kid ever get his props???

Mister consistency across the board on a very talented team...

The only thing that keeps him from leading the state in ppg is the compliment of talent that surrounds him...

When the big games are on the line check out his numbers, he always produces...

If the supporting players had produced Liberty would be undefeated...Sain 24pts vs Oak Hill...

He has made every all tournament that he has participated in this year...

So if we put a little thought into this we can certainly make a valid arguement for a player of his caliber...

Also remember that Liberty is trying to build for the future so when the game gets well under control the starters are pulled and that prevents a player like Sain from getting his 25 to 30 a game...