• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(STUNNAH @ Feb 2 2007 - 04:04 PM) 826356179[/snapback]

2A...

Josh Sain!!!

Will this kid ever get his props???

Mister consistency across the board on a very talented team...

The only thing that keeps him from leading the state in ppg is the compliment of talent that surrounds him...

When the big games are on the line check out his numbers, he always produces...

If the supporting players had produced Liberty would be undefeated...Sain 24pts vs Oak Hill...

He has made every all tournament that he has participated in this year...

So if we put a little thought into this we can certainly make a valid arguement for a player of his caliber...

Also remember that Liberty is trying to build for the future so when the game gets well under control the starters are pulled and that prevents a player like Sain from getting his 25 to 30 a game...

EXACTLY!!!!! If Jewon, Antwan, and Josh got to play the same amount as these other guys that have been mentioned....they would lead in every catagory out there. It's the epitomy of team effort.

I think "The Starting Five" should get Mr. Basketball because of the way they play as a unit......Yep!!! there's my vote for Mr. Basketball...."The Starting Five", Sain, J. Long, A. Long, Jones, Sampson. (nebuntyn will like this one....lol )

Seriously....these guys do play as one. When their on, their on together....when their off, their off together. I don't see anybody putting up the numbers these guys are capable of.

If you've got anything any better.....trot it out.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Feb 2 2007 - 08:08 PM) 826356354[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!!!! If Jewon, Antwan, and Josh got to play the same amount as these other guys that have been mentioned....they would lead in every catagory out there. It's the epitomy of team effort.

I think "The Starting Five" should get Mr. Basketball because of the way they play as a unit......Yep!!! there's my vote for Mr. Basketball...."The Starting Five", Sain, J. Long, A. Long, Jones, Sampson. (nebuntyn will like this one....lol )

Seriously....these guys do play as one. When their on, their on together....when their off, their off together. I don't see anybody putting up the numbers these guys are capable of.

If you've got anything any better.....trot it out.

QUOTE(olandpats @ Feb 2 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826356010[/snapback]

my vote= chaisson allen from oakland

fundamentally sound

sweet 3 pt shot

solid from the charity stripe

dont panic & force a shot

willin 2 make the pass 4 the shot

no drama on the court or wit the refs

cool and calm

mvp of district last yr ova d-1 playas from siegel

great defense

Allen hit 31 tonight 10/17 and 6/10 from 3....in 3 and a half quarters

QUOTE(bhhvols @ Feb 1 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826354489[/snapback]

MJ Brown from Union City. He doesn't always have the spectacular numbers every game, but one must consider the amount of playing time he is getting. Union City is loaded with talent, and I think MJ has shown that he continues to be a proven leader. He showed everyone last year at the 'Boro what he could do as a sophomore. Thanks Coacht for this thread.

I don't think Union City will get the Mr.Basketball this year......There is noone that stands out like Marquis Weddle did last year and MJ doesn't get to play a full four quarters most of the time......Union City has a balanced attack with Jeremy Simpson,Cedric Allen,Tony Wilkins and MJ Brown taking their turns at leading their team....It will be interesting who is the District 14A MVP....Whoever is voted on as MVP of District 14A would have a strong case for Mr.Basketball....I agree that MJ should get alot of votes and probably be included in the final three,but he might be a year away from winning the award....

If you are going to factor in how the player's team has fared (and I think you should), it would go in this order:

1. Chaisson Allen

2. Mo Miller

3. Jamie Graham

4. Wiggins

If not, then Oglesby should win it. He is the best player in the state. Just hard to put him in the finalist category, becasue he has two good bigs and BC still isn't one of the top teams in the state.