Official Thread: Miss Basketball

CoachT

the jones girl from westmoreland should get some consideration.. i saw where she scored 26 last night in their win over gordonsville. if i looked at the scores right then westmoreland should win that district now. i've seen her play a couple times. she carries that team offensively. she's hard to guard.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mandy Mendenhall AA, she is a very well rounded player who carries her team and steps up when needed. She averages around 16 points a game, and probably plays around 3 quarters. When ever Regionals come around you can gaurantee her game steps up over everybody elses. Ask anybody in 12aa last year what happened. She is also very humble, doesnt gloat, and is a team leader. This is her senior year, and she has been able to score on anybody and everybody since her sophomore year. SHE really deserves this and should win it.

She also averages probably around 9 rebounds agame. and she plays anywhere from a pg to post. Very versatile.

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Jan 31 2007 - 11:20 PM) 826354099[/snapback]

AAA

Angela Puleo William Blount

Tierney Jenkins Wilson Central

Ashley Herring Bartlett

AA

Kayla Holloway Dyersburg

Mandy Mendehall Harpeth

Jasmine Robinson Austin-East

A

Kayla Christopher Oliver Springs

Kayla Hudson Gleason

Abby Andrews Collinwood

D2

Glory Johnson Webb

Faith Dupree Webb

Victoria Dunlap BA

Great list on D2 but I would substitute Lauren Avant from Lausanne instead of Dupree. That being said, Faith has looked great every time I have seen Webb, and the twin towers bring a whole new dimension to D 2

QUOTE(mdtennbasketball @ Feb 2 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826355757[/snapback]

[CONTINUING MY PRIOR POST]

Now to the non-statistical and the touchy feely, There is no other player in the state that alters the game opponents games plans, both offensively and defensively, than KAYCI FERRIS. She also has the intangibles, heart, guts and leadership AND she has overcome tremendous personal adversity.

She is a Freshman. She is 6' 8" tall. BUT SHE ALSO HAS AMONG THE TOP OR THE TOP STATISTICS IN THE STATE FOR ALL CLASSIFICATIONS.

IT IS HARD TO MEASURE ALL OF THE TOUCHY FEELY STUFF, BUT THE STATS DO NOT LIE. SHE HAS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR MISS BASKETBALL.

Don't take this the wrong way but if she is indeed 6'8, she should put up those numbers if not better. Who is going to be able to guard a 6'8 girl in high school?

Nobody. She probably wins going away.

I think Phillips from Clarkrange she is averaging about 14 points a game, plays great defence, pulls down major rebounds, is a leader on the floor and if she is covered has no problem getting the ball back out to the open player. I have seen her play when she was extremly sick because she didn't want to let her coach or her team mates down. I know for a fact once she played right after she had her broke nose reset in the Dr. office and I mean right after. She is a prime example of what miss basketball is all about. Passion and love of the game with some skill throwed in there.

QUOTE(B-BALL WATCHER @ Feb 5 2007 - 06:11 AM) 826358820[/snapback]

A--Tasha Phillips-Clarkrange, AA--Kayci Ferris-Smithville, AAA--Anisha Buchanah Shelbyville.

Ms. Phillip will be a strong candidate next year and the year after. This year there are too many Juniors and Seniors that are just as good.

Although she is going to be great, she may not even be the best soph. on the team. That team 2 years from now will be scarey. Probably next year too. I think it would be a pretty good bet that ClarkRange will be at the top of 1A basketball for at least the next few years, if not longer.

AAA

Should be Locks: Angela Puleo - William Blount and Ann Marie Lanning - Riverdale

Possible Third Spot: Tierney Jenkins - Wilson Central , Amy McNear - Memphis East, Michelle Davis - Cleveland, Jazmine Hassell - Wilson Central, or Tara Davis - Oakland

D2

Glory will be on the list and so will Dunlap due to they were on it last year but the final spot will come down between Avant and Dupree.

Glory Johnson - Webb School

Lauren Avant - Lausanne

Victoria Dunlap - BA

Faith Dupree - Webb School

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 5 2007 - 07:59 AM) 826358878[/snapback]

Ms. Phillip will be a strong candidate next year and the year after. This year there are too many Juniors and Seniors that are just as good.

Although she is going to be great, she may not even be the best soph. on the team. That team 2 years from now will be scarey. Probably next year too. I think it would be a pretty good bet that ClarkRange will be at the top of 1A basketball for at least the next few years, if not longer.

Clarkrange is a really awsome young team, and should only get better with time barring injuries, and yes they have some really good soph. players, I have had the pleasure of getting to watch these girls play on several different occasions and the Phillips girl always seems to stand out with her defence, hustle, and attitude, she can put up points or make the assist she plays with alot of heart and passion for the game, but who knows by 2009 they may have four young ladies that will lay claim to the Miss Basketball title.