To: Peyton Haters

Did you hear the story on ESPN about some dad gave Peyton 200K just to show up at his daughters 16th birthday??

What a life! Anyway. . .

All of our heroes, just like us, have flaws that if given enough of a spotlight, will shine very brightly. I remember as a kid I looked up to Mickey Mantle. He was portrayed as the All-American Guy and all goodness and light. We all know what a crock that was. I would have to say in my lifetime, that things have dramatically changed since the 70's and even worse now since the mid-90's and the internet evolution. To much reported as fact, rumors and innuendos have a life of their own, and it is impossible to put out every ridiculous fire. I have to give Peyton credit that he has lived his image, at least to this point.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you have to give credit to is that Peyton knows he is a role model, accepts it, and tries to live up to it. I think his Father's influence has been a good one for him. He tries to give back as much as he can/ He has always been pretty grounded with feet on the ground, and tried to work harder than anyone else. He knows he is not the most athletic man on the field and he tries to compensate for it by learning the game better than anyone else.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 10 2007 - 02:36 PM) 826407305[/snapback]What you have to give credit to is that Peyton knows he is a role model, accepts it, and tries to live up to it. I think his Father's influence has been a good one for him. He tries to give back as much as he can/ He has always been pretty grounded with feet on the ground, and tried to work harder than anyone else. He knows he is not the most athletic man on the field and he tries to compensate for it by learning the game better than anyone else.

Did you hear during the Superbowl press day, one of the reporters had to the nerve to ask Peyton if Eli was adopted? His best comment was no comment at all with a look like "Are you stupid or something". I laugh when this happen live on the NFL channel. I don't know if they showed this on ESPN but this was funny as well as some of the other questions coming his way. I hope Eli starts to come around next year and play better. It is tough to be under his older brother shadow.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Mar 11 2007 - 05:26 PM) 826408241[/snapback]Did you hear during the Superbowl press day, one of the reporters had to the nerve to ask Peyton if Eli was adopted? His best comment was no comment at all with a look like "Are you stupid or something". I laugh when this happen live on the NFL channel. I don't know if they showed this on ESPN but this was funny as well as some of the other questions coming his way. I hope Eli starts to come around next year and play better. It is tough to be under his older brother shadow.

Sound like a reporter trying to get under Peyton's skin and get him to do something that the media can talk about, but Peyton wont break! but that had to be tough to refrain himself with someone talking about his family! Not only did that reporter not get to Peyton, now that reporter will never get a one on one with him!

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Mar 12 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826409253[/snapback]Sound like a reporter trying to get under Peyton's skin and get him to do something that the media can talk about, but Peyton wont break! but that had to be tough to refrain himself with someone talking about his family! Not only did that reporter not get to Peyton, now that reporter will never get a one on one with him!

Pretty sorry way to abuse his power if you ask me.

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Mar 12 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826409253[/snapback]Sound like a reporter trying to get under Peyton's skin and get him to do something that the media can talk about, but Peyton wont break! but that had to be tough to refrain himself with someone talking about his family! Not only did that reporter not get to Peyton, now that reporter will never get a one on one with him!

I don't see Peyton as the type to hold a grudge very long unless it is a beer up kicker.

• 2 weeks later...