To: Peyton Haters

Hey whats up everyone? We all seen Peyton do something the other night that several of the "so-called" expert said he could not do, He won a Championship! Ok first off I am a Cowboys fan and for them all the way, but once they were eliminated, I was pulling for my boy Peyton and for those of you that may not know me, I am a huge Vols fan which is pretty easy to see! But I have heard for several years now that Peyton couldnt win a big game, going all the way back to college and no one even gives the man credit for helping UT get its first SEC championship in several years at the time! Not only that, Peyton set a foundation for what followed over the next few years as some of the top talent in the country wanted to come to UT and play with Manning! Then he gets to the NFL and helps turn a miserable Colts team around! I am not one to say that Peyton did this on his own, because he didnt, it took 50 men devoted to one thing to get this team a championship, but of course when they didnt win who was getting blamed? Peyton! It takes a team to win and it takes a team to lose! Peyton could throw for 500yards and 5 TDs a game and if the Colts lost people would say Peyton choked! But they won, then no one would give him credit, they would talk about how good the defense played or how the Kicker saved the day, i mean come on at some point dont theses people have to give Manning alittle respect? Peyton did not have the best postseason this year, but he showed the true ability of a leader as he made the big plays at the right time! I mean come on, who comes back from 18 points down to team that has won 3 Championships since 2001? Peyton showed great leadership and proved to everyone that he is a big game QB! It really feels good to see Peyton get his ring and I wish he would tell all the critics that have rode him for the past 13 years from Knoxville to Indy to kiss his toe but we all know Peyton is too classy for that! he has it and it can never be taken away, so to all the critics from major sports reports down to Gators fans down to people that just dont like Peyton, you can now seal the lips! Congrats to Peyton and the Colts!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(catback @ Feb 6 2007 - 05:02 PM) 826360897[/snapback]

I'm with you milk!!

Now you can be called a worshiper too!

No matter what Peyton does, some will just change the contents

of their reasons to HATE Peyton.

Congrats to Tony D, and all of the COLTS!

Super Bowl MVP- Peyton Manning

I have met Peyton twice and he is a very nice and classy guy and he is a very caring person! He is always making contribution and donations to various charities! And if anyone deserves to hold that Trophy, it is that man!

And you wont find a coach more deserving than Dungy! And the Colts is a classy organization, how often do you hear of there players getting into trouble? How often do you see them disrespect other teams on the field? They run a classy oraganization and this whole team is very deserving!

Guest dare_2_dream

He can win all the Super Bowls he wants, but one thing remains .. He never did and never will beat Florida. Once Gator Bait, always Gator Bait. I thought people rode him hard before he won the Super Bowl, now its gotten worse .. Keep on ridin

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Feb 6 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826360906[/snapback]

He can win all the Super Bowls he wants, but one thing remains .. He never did and never will beat Florida. Once Gator Bait, always Gator Bait. I thought people rode him hard before he won the Super Bowl, now its gotten worse .. Keep on ridin

Are you kidding? Compared to what Peyton just accomplished his losses to the Gators rank right up there with.....ummmmm NOTHING, NADA, ZIPPO, completely and utterly unimportant. Get a grip and let this mess go.

And when he grew up to be a Man, and played with the Big Boys, he faced two Gators on the other side of the ball- and they couldn't touch him.

And how about the Pride of the Gator Nation, the QB of the Vaunted Chicago Bears? In the biggest game of his life, with all of the marbles, chips on the line, what did Train Rex do? Collapsed like a folding chair. The pressure, the elements, whatever it was, got to him. Maybe like Peyton, he needs to experience a little more of coming up close before he can close the deal.

What anyone does in college, against college boys, when they're 18-22 years old pales in importance to what he accomplishes as a man against other men. When everyone is getting paid to get the job done, the man who gets the job done will get the biggest payday.

They said the same thing about Bradshaw, about Elway, and about every QB until they won a Super Bowl ring. It isn't fair and it isn't even intelligent, but it happens. But since that is the criteria, Manning has passed the test. And who knows, if Nick Harper's wife hadn't gouged him with a knife last year, this might have been Championship #2.

Hey, Spurrier ran a great COLLEGE offense...... Took marginal talent at QB and made them shine....

Bring that same COLLEGE offense to the pros and, well, we all know what happened....

Like I said, I wonder if mr grossman would trade a couple of college wins for a super bowl victory.....

Keep posting Dare...You are a laughing stock.....

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Feb 6 2007 - 06:09 PM) 826360906[/snapback]

Well you've changed your tune again.

1. First it was he couldn't win the big one.

2. Then it was he didn't do anything to win the big one.

3. Then it was Rex who won the big one for him.

4. Then it was he will not win another one.

5. Then it was his playoff performance.

6. Then it was his record against Florida

7. Then it was so on and so on..........

If you are a Peyton fan, you worship him, if you list his accomplishments, he is not a team player, if his team wins the supe bowl, he didn't have anything to with it.....etc.....

You dig yourself into a deeper hole with each post.

But, please don't stop, I can't stop laughing!

QUOTE(catback @ Feb 7 2007 - 07:31 AM) 826361673[/snapback]

Well you've changed your tune again.

1. First it was he couldn't win the big one.

2. Then it was he didn't do anything to win the big one.

3. Then it was Rex who won the big one for him.

4. Then it was he will not win another one.

5. Then it was his playoff performance.

6. Then it was his record against Florida

7. Then it was so on and so on..........

If you are a Peyton fan, you worship him, if you list his accomplishments, he is not a team player, if his team wins the supe bowl, he didn't have anything to with it.....etc.....

You dig yourself into a deeper hole with each post.

But, please don't stop, I can't stop laughing!

Hey, dare struggles with success.....

But the REAL humor here is Dares declaration of worship of Manning...As he worships at the feet of the University of Florida, its players, the gator....

The guy isn't real bright....

I have never gotten the hang of why this athlete is such a lightning rod of hate.

From my observations, I have compiled the Top 21 Reasons Why Some People Can't Stand Peyton Manning:

1. He comes from a good family, fairly well-to-do who's father was a high profile athlete. (Class-envy hate card).

2. He was a high profile top recruit (We-didn't-get-him-to-go-to-our-college hate card)

3. He went to UT (Tennessee Vol hate card)

4. He was taught to pump his feet while setting up for a pass, which allows him to be in a better throwing position and not locked into the ground (Looks Goofy to me hate card.)

5. He has a long neck (Genetic hate card)

6. He wears his hair short, looks like a rich frat boy (Class Envy, Looks like a Republican hate card)

7. Has supported Republican candidates (Republican hate card)

8. Only refuted "trouble" he got into in college was a locker room mooning incident (Goody-two-shoes hate card)

9. Married his college sweetheart (Happy-ending hate card)

10. While he put up impressive numbers in college, his teams didn't win a number of championships (The-Ha-Ha-Ha-he's-not-that-good hate card. Note: Close relative to items 2 and 3)

11. His team consistently beat my team in college (See items 2 and 3)

12. While a pre-season Heisman hopeful, he loses the Heisman trophy (See items 2, 3, and 10)

13. He came back to finish his college eligibility, even though he graduated (Take the money and run hate card, also number 8)

14. He was the number one selection in the draft (The I want to see successful people fail because it makes me feel good about my life hate card)

15. With the Colts, he is made the starting QB out of the shoot (Ex-Colt QB's hate club?)

16. He is constantly changing the play at the line of scrimmage, or appears to change the play at the line of scrimmage (What is he doing that for? hate club)

17. His team never advanced far enough in the playoffs, despite universally being saddled with weak defenses (What have you done for me lately hate club, see also Item 10)

18. He yells at players (QB's should never yell at teammates hate club)

19. He spends a lot of time in preparation, even going back years in film study (The If he was so good, why does he need to do this hate club AND the I Bet you He even studied is school to make good grades hate club; see also 8 and 9)

20. He is in a number of commercials, and has a high Q rating (Overexposed athlete hate club)

21. He makes a lot of money, thanks everyone, praises his teammates and just won the Super Bowl as well as the MVP of the game; which along with his other league MVP awards and numerous passing records, has him on a bee-line to Canton (See all of the above).

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 7 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826361868[/snapback]

I have never gotten the hang of why this athlete is such a lightning rod of hate.

From my observations, I have compiled the Top 21 Reasons Why Some People Can't Stand Peyton Manning:

1. He comes from a good family, fairly well-to-do who's father was a high profile athlete. (Class-envy hate card).

2. He was a high profile top recruit (We-didn't-get-him-to-go-to-our-college hate card)

3. He went to UT (Tennessee Vol hate card)

4. He was taught to pump his feet while setting up for a pass, which allows him to be in a better throwing position and not locked into the ground (Looks Goofy to me hate card.)

5. He has a long neck (Genetic hate card)

6. He wears his hair short, looks like a rich frat boy (Class Envy, Looks like a Republican hate card)

7. Has supported Republican candidates (Republican hate card)

8. Only refuted "trouble" he got into in college was a locker room mooning incident (Goody-two-shoes hate card)

9. Married his college sweetheart (Happy-ending hate card)

10. While he put up impressive numbers in college, his teams didn't win a number of championships (The-Ha-Ha-Ha-he's-not-that-good hate card. Note: Close relative to items 2 and 3)

11. His team consistently beat my team in college (See items 2 and 3)

12. While a pre-season Heisman hopeful, he loses the Heisman trophy (See items 2, 3, and 10)

13. He came back to finish his college eligibility, even though he graduated (Take the money and run hate card, also number 8)

14. He was the number one selection in the draft (The I want to see successful people fail because it makes me feel good about my life hate card)

15. With the Colts, he is made the starting QB out of the shoot (Ex-Colt QB's hate club?)

16. He is constantly changing the play at the line of scrimmage, or appears to change the play at the line of scrimmage (What is he doing that for? hate club)

17. His team never advanced far enough in the playoffs, despite universally being saddled with weak defenses (What have you done for me lately hate club, see also Item 10)

18. He yells at players (QB's should never yell at teammates hate club)

19. He spends a lot of time in preparation, even going back years in film study (The If he was so good, why does he need to do this hate club AND the I Bet you He even studied is school to make good grades hate club; see also 8 and 9)

20. He is in a number of commercials, and has a high Q rating (Overexposed athlete hate club)

21. He makes a lot of money, thanks everyone, praises his teammates and just won the Super Bowl as well as the MVP of the game; which along with his other league MVP awards and numerous passing records, has him on a bee-line to Canton (See all of the above).

Well, that about covers it....

How about....He did not state "I'm going to Disney World" hate card.....