District 11-AA

HHSnumber1fan

Thanks for the kind words guys. You should enjoy your time participating in HS Athletics because it will be the funnest 4 YEAR PERIOD in your lives no question about it. I'll try to print off district schedules for all of the teams in 11AA and keep up with things throughout the spring guys.

I guess it really is true about the "petition" but I wouldn't expect anything to come of it. It's amazing that people can complain and get so much to go there way in this county since the infamous "2004 Winkler-Brown-Football Players Incident at Harpeth High School" /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Cheatham thing cracks me up. They want to get these guys removed? They can't do any worse. Cheatham has been the worst team I've seen around here for the last few years. That's my Alma Mater so I hate saying that. They have had a couple decent players, but no discipline and poor leadership. Sounds like these guys are either trying to get some discipline in the program, or they aren't playing who the parents tell them too. Either way, they can't do any worse. If these guys coach football at Cheatham then I support them, because they have some good football coaches at Cheatham. I know its baseball, but they still must have discipline. The people there at Cheatham need to stink it up and play. Whoever posted that is a loser and is destined to be that way forever. Just shut up and play!!!

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 1 2007 - 10:30 PM) 826396265[/snapback]Thanks for the kind words guys. You should enjoy your time participating in HS Athletics because it will be the funnest 4 YEAR PERIOD in your lives no question about it. I'll try to print off district schedules for all of the teams in 11AA and keep up with things throughout the spring guys.

I guess it really is true about the "petition" but I wouldn't expect anything to come of it. It's amazing that people can complain and get so much to go there way in this county since the infamous "2004 Winkler-Brown-Football Players Incident at Harpeth High School" /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

i am a player for cheaham county baseball and the coaches are giving the team something they havnt had in a long time DISCIPLINE... So whoever doesnt wont them as coaches doesnt want this team to ever win...

QUOTE(cheathamboys @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826396793[/snapback]i am a player for cheaham county baseball and the coaches are giving the team something they havnt had in a long time DISCIPLINE... So whoever doesnt wont them as coaches doesnt want this team to ever win...

im happy for cheathan this year. i know they have a couple of ball players over there so i wish the best for them. oh and as for the coaches, if they coach football then they will teach this team disipline. oh and from the looks of that team in the past two seasons thats what they are missing most. my team is a huge rival with cheatham but i still wish them the best in luck and hopefully you all will compete this year.

What kind of message are we trying to send kids these days? If you don't like something go tell your mommy and daddy and maybe they can get the coach fired. This is ridiculous and parents and students alike, not to mention the school administration, need to buck up and let the coaches coach. Some of the most influential people in my life were coaches, many of which I did not care for at first, but later came to respect and truly love and appreciate. I just don't understand how two programs, Harpeth and Cheatham County, could have so much of a problem with the coaches that they would prevent them, or in Cheatham's case try to prevent them, from coaching a single regular season game. What a shame! If these coaches do not have the support of the administration, then why were they hired in the first place? And who is running these athletics programs anyway, the kids and their parents or the schools and the coaches they have chosen to represent their school?

What'd you leave out Sycamore for? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Aren't they working on their 4th boys basketball coach in 4 years?

Personally, I don't think 'letting the coaches coach' has had much to do with any of the coaches that have left or been dismissed. The ones that leave usually go for more money or greener pastures since they aren't getting a whole heck of a lot in the way of compensation as compared to other schools. That's the reality. Some of the ones that are dismissed could have been avoided with a more thorough review of their past employment and references. That's not a players and parents issue. Most of the time, where there's smoke there's usually fire. The parents and players don't have a leg to stand on if they're complaining about playing time and position or team rules and the administration will always support the coach against those arguments. I wish Coach Winkler would have stayed. He left of his own accord under his own terms though. The administration backed him as did a number of football players, parents and fans. He was not run off in my opinion and I still see him at games supporting Harpeth teams. When the administration asks a coach to leave, there's typically a pretty good reason that will not be public knowledge unless it's in the Tennessean. That's as it should be.

All this being said, I agree that Cheatham County might not look all that attractive to prospective coaches on the outside looking in. That's on all of us. Fans, parents, players and administration. But....you don't know if that oyster has a pearl inside until you dig in there to find it.

QUOTE(ksgovols @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826397198[/snapback]What'd you leave out Sycamore for? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Aren't they working on their 4th boys basketball coach in 4 years?

The first one could have left under his own terms no doubt about it because he built a program from the ground up and made it a powerhouse in AA.

The second one was forced out after one bad season at the helm of the program.

The third one was forced out after all sorts of alleged incidents about him came to the forefront and eventually landed him in jail this last year.

The fourth is currently the head basketball coach at Sycamore and if he continues to produce winning seasons like he had this past year then he'll be able to stay as long as he wishes.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 2 2007 - 07:38 PM) 826397534[/snapback]The first one could have left under his own terms no doubt about it because he built a program from the ground up and made it a powerhouse in AA.

The second one was forced out after one bad season at the helm of the program.

The third one was forced out after all sorts of alleged incidents about him came to the forefront and eventually landed him in jail this last year.

The fourth is currently the head basketball coach at Sycamore and if he continues to produce winning seasons like he had this past year then he'll be able to stay as long as he wishes.

Yeah, I know. Not picking on any one school in the county is all. There's been a revolving door at all 3 of the county schools. First, if they're doing a good job and doing the right things in the classroom and athletically.......reward them so they'll stay. Second, if you want to attract quality coaches when you are looking for one, be competitive with your pay scale and do the due diligence when researching the candidates. You know, there's a number of pretty decent coaches living in the county and commuting to other schools for work.

I will say that I don't think this is unique to Cheatham County per se. Most rural publics will have a tough time hanging on to quality coaches and keeping them once they've proven successful.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:53 PM) 826397106[/snapback]As for my District 11AA Preseason Predictions

1.) Harpeth

2.) Creek Wood

3.) Sycamore

4.) Montgomery Central

5.) Fairview

6.) Cheatham Co.

7.) Waverly Central

8.) Stewart Co.

THAT'S MY STORY & I'M STICKING TO IT!!!!!!!

Let's get back on topic! BC and I agree on the top 2, though I might rethink my Stewart County position with Jake West not pitching this year. I also dropped Sycamore based on losing Knight on the mound. What's everybody got pitching wise? I think that sets the tone for pecking order.