District 11-AA

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ksgovols @ Mar 14 2007 - 02:11 PM) 826411672[/snapback]/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Dang! 4:00 ??? Fridays game at 3:45?

Here's an idea on how to make more money at the gate and concession stand...... Start the freakin' games when everybody's not at work!!! You know....we've got this great deal on Daylight Savings Time this year and we're still playing on the old clock! School people and bankers kill me with their hours of operation. It's still 9 til 5 for most of us. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thank goodness the district wised up and starts varsity games at 6:00 P.M. They'll double their take easy.

/unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> Sorry for the rant straightbill. Good luck today at Goodpasture!

I agree, kinda makes you wonder why all the fuss about the lights if you're going to play afternoon games. I would watch the baseball games just as I do the basketball, but they just start too early.

Districts start up next week, I should be able to get there.

QUOTE(Slube @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826413643[/snapback]I agree, kinda makes you wonder why all the fuss about the lights if you're going to play afternoon games. I would watch the baseball games just as I do the basketball, but they just start too early.

Districts start up next week, I should be able to get there.

It's rocket science Slube. Football's got it figured out, ditto basketball. Only baseball decides to play their games right after school. It's almost a tradition. It's also why baseball is always considered a 'minor' sport. When it's self induced, it's hard to feel sorry for them. Here's one under handed guys. Softtoss. Start the JV at 4:00 and play varsity games at 6:00. You'll be amazed at how many more fans you draw and how much more money your programs make. No charge.......

QUOTE(ksgovols @ Mar 17 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826415269[/snapback]It's rocket science Slube. Football's got it figured out, ditto basketball. Only baseball decides to play their games right after school. It's almost a tradition. It's also why baseball is always considered a 'minor' sport. When it's self induced, it's hard to feel sorry for them. Here's one under handed guys. Softtoss. Start the JV at 4:00 and play varsity games at 6:00. You'll be amazed at how many more fans you draw and how much more money your programs make. No charge.......

All the games this year starting monday at home are at 5 oclock or later. The only games that start before 5 are Nashville Christian, Hume Fogg, and CPA. Those games start at 430, and most likely those games will start around 445 or later, just because all the teams in the first few scrimmages and games decide they want to show up 10 minutes before game time.

I will agree that 4:00 or 4:30 are early start times for people who work. Coaches also have to consider the temperatures for the time of the year. It can be pretty cool in March. This year the moving up of daylight savings time does help as far as daylight, but not necessarily the temperatures. Most coaches schedule the games in the fall. There is no guarantee as to what temps. will be like in March and early April. Coaches must consider the health of pitchers in the cooler months as well.

Football is played in the fall when temperatures are much warmer and basketball is played indoors. Temperatures there are controlled by a thermostat.

Just wanted to throw out a different perspective. It doesn't mean yours is wrong, just a couple of things to consider.

QUOTE(rolltide418 @ Mar 17 2007 - 06:43 AM) 826415142[/snapback]Does anyone know how Cheatham came out yesterday in the Springfield tournament?

Cheatham beat Pearl Cohn 10 - 0

Lost to Jo Burns 8 - 1

Lost to Springfield 4 - 2

I heard they also had 4 more players quit during the tournament.

cw loses to william blount 13 to 10 on a very sloppy game by cw. the first nine guys of the first inning for william blount scored due to walks and like only three or four base hits. cw scratched some runs but it was not enough. walks killed cw. second game cw beats a good upperman 10 to 0 in 5 innings. cw swung the bats really good today!!!

i just wanted to say that just bout all of cw's varsity games (not counting saturday games) start at 7.