District 11-AA

HHSnumber1fan

Chris Hale pitched a pretty good game tonight for Harpeth as they won 12-1 in 5 innings. We all thought it was going to go atleast 6 innings when it was 9-1 with two outs then Chris Hale hit a three run shot to end it. Cory Hale was up to bat one time and the ball hit the handle of the bat, but the ump thought it hit his hand so he gave him first base, then fairview's coach came to argue, he won the argue... Sort Of.... Cory hit a bomb, it was really funny.

Chris Hale -W

HR's- Chris Hale, Cory Hale, Zach Rushing

Straightbill will give you full updates.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth 13

Fairview 1

WP: Hale (7-0) 5IP, 4BB, 7K, 2hit, 1 ER

LP: #19

HR- Har. Cory Hale (6) Chris Hale (7) Rushing (6)

Catfish's HR was a Walk-off, while Rushing's was a complete LC OPPO BOMB! Cory's HR was just Fairviews coaches mistake for bringing him back up to the plate.

Harpeth at Fairview Tomorrow at 4:30 Fiser on the Hill

The scoreboard reads the following for one of the missing games:

Sycamore: 9

Creek Wood: 6

If that is the case and if Montgomery Central did beat Waverly tonight then Creek Wood will be the district's #4 seed heading into the tourney next week because they are now 0-2 against Mont. Cent. and sit 1-GAME behind the Indians with 1-GAME to go in the regular season. The best they can now finish against Sycamore is 1-1. The problem is that they are now 2-GAMES behind the War Eagles and both teams just have 1-GAME remaining in district action.

District 11-AA Outlook

Harpeth is #1 and regardless of what they do the rest of the way they are going to be in the Regionals.

Sycamore is #2 with a win over Creek Wood tomorrow or a Montgomery Central loss in one of two games with Waverly

Montgomery Central is #2 tomorrow with a sweep over Waverly Central + a Sycamore loss to Creek Wood

Creek Wood is #4

If Waverly beat Mont. Cent. tonight then they are #5 & Fairview is #6 (for the time being anyway)

If Waverly lost to Mont. Cent. tonight then there is still a tie between Waverly Central & Fairview for #5 & #6

Tomorrow's Cheatham Co. hosting Stewart Co. game is #7 & the loser is #8. What's the prize at stake????? The winner will get to host the "play in game" next Wednesday to open the district tourney.

MC 5

Waverly 3

As a result, if waverly loses to MC tonight, MC will be in 2nd depending on the CW-Sycamore game. Waverly would still be in a tie with Fairview for 5 and 6. Fairview probably has to hope for MC to win as they are playing Harpeth and have no shot at winning. If CW beats Sycamore and MC wins, MC is 2 and Sycamore is 3 CW 4.

If Sycamore and MC both win, they are in a tie for 2nd. Sycamore gets the tiebreaker because they spilt with each other, then you look at what happened against the rest of the district. Both were swept by Harpeth, both swept CW, Fairview, Waverly and Stewart County. THe difference would be that MC split with Cheatham and Sycamore swept them. How big is that game now for MC.

Who ever finishes in the 2nd spot will get the winner of the Cheatham-Stewart game and whoever gets the 3 would get the loser of a coin toss between Fairview and Waverly, assuming MC beats Waverly tonight and Harpeth beat Waverly on Thursday. CW would get the winner of that coin toss. Harpeth gets the loser of the Cheatham-Stewart game.

QUOTE(ballbasher30 @ Apr 24 2007 - 07:01 AM) 826443967[/snapback]MC 5

Waverly 3

As a result, if waverly loses to MC tonight, MC will be in 2nd depending on the CW-Sycamore game. Waverly would still be in a tie with Fairview for 5 and 6. Fairview probably has to hope for MC to win as they are playing Harpeth and have no shot at winning. If CW beats Sycamore and MC wins, MC is 2 and Sycamore is 3 CW 4.

If Sycamore and MC both win, they are in a tie for 2nd. Sycamore gets the tiebreaker because they spilt with each other, then you look at what happened against the rest of the district. Both were swept by Harpeth, both swept CW, Fairview, Waverly and Stewart County. THe difference would be that MC split with Cheatham and Sycamore swept them. How big is that game now for MC.

Who ever finishes in the 2nd spot will get the winner of the Cheatham-Stewart game and whoever gets the 3 would get the loser of a coin toss between Fairview and Waverly, assuming MC beats Waverly tonight and Harpeth beat Waverly on Thursday. CW would get the winner of that coin toss. Harpeth gets the loser of the Cheatham-Stewart game.

If MC & Sycamore both win then Sycamore finishes at 11-3 and MC finishes at 10-4. Central needs Creek Wood to beat Sycamore tonight plus a win themselves over Waverly Central.

What's the one game difference right now??????? Cheatham Co. beat MC.

If Sycamore & MC finish tied than MC will hold the tiebreaker because they will have swept Creek Wood. Obviously Sycamore would not have done this if they are to lose to CW tonight.

That makes no sense. Everyone has to play in the play in round on Wednesday May 2nd. I am not aware that Harpeth has a bye into the semifinals. I heard it this way

1 vs. 8 Harpeth vs. Cheatham/Stewart

2 vs. 7 Sycamore/MC vs. Cheathem/Stewart

3 vs. 6 Sycamore/MC vs. Waverly/Fairview

4 vs. 5 CW vs. Waverly/Fairview

1, 2,3, and 4 host games on May 2nd. Losers of these games are done, winners move on to the double elimination part.

I predict the first round matchups to be this:

Harpeth over Stewart

Sycamore over Cheatham

MC over Fairview

CW over Waverly

Semifinals:

Hapreth over Creewk Wood

Sycamore over MC

Elimanaton Game 1:

MC over Creek Wood

Harpeth over Sycamore

Elimination Game 2:

MC over Sycamore

Championship:

Harpeth over MC

You see that was the way that I had my original bracket posted as well. If it does go this way then I will love it because Cheatham Co. would not have to play that "extra game" next Wednesday. I thought that the format was exactly like basketball WITH THE EXCEPTION BEING THAT ONLY TWO TEAMS ADVANCE TO THE REGIONALS INSTEAD OF FOUR TEAMS (Harpeth is already assured of being 1 of the 2).

1.) Harpeth

8.) Stewart Co. at Cheatham Co. LOSER

4.) Creek Wood

5.) Fairview or Waverly Central

3.) Montgomery Central or Sycamore

6.) Fairview or Waverly Central

2.) Montgomery Central or Sycamore

7.) Stewart Co. at Cheatham Co. WINNER

IS THIS THE CORRECT FORMAT???????????????????????????????????????????

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> In an 8 team district it just about has to be.

My understanding is that the first round is single elimination or a 'play in' game. The 4 teams left will play a double elimination tournament with team with the best record outside of Harpeth going to region. Harpeth is playing for region seeding. They're a 2 seed in region if they lose at any point in the double elimination portion of the tournament or in the play in game. This makes sense to me. The regular season means something and you have to throw a quality pitcher in the play in game to win, but it doesn't kill you in game 2 if you don't have pitching depth. I don't know if they reseed after the play in game or if the bracket just continues on with a double elimination format.

I know the district tournament format can be different from district to district. I'd rather see all districts resort to pool play. That would determine who had the deepest pitching staffs and would best represent the district at the regions. Then another round of pool play at the region level eliminating the sectional game. 4 regions send their top 2 teams. Top 2 out of regional pool play go to state. I'd play pool play at the state level too.

I know the downside is time away from school and number of games, but it could be done with weekend play.

QUOTE(ksgovols @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:00 PM) 826444161[/snapback]/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> In an 8 team district it just about has to be.

My understanding is that the first round is single elimination or a 'play in' game. The 4 teams left will play a double elimination tournament to go to region. This makes sense to me. You have to throw a quality pitcher in the play in game to win, but it doesn't kill you in game 2 if you don't have pitching depth. I don't know if they reseed after the play in game or if the bracket just continues on with a double elimination format.

Thanks!!!!

I know that Cheatham Co. would hate to have to run Huckaby out to pitch a "play in game" and then turn right around and not have their best pitcher available for a game against a team that is plain and simply going to be better than they are.