District 11-AA

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 27 2007 - 05:00 PM) 826447078[/snapback]I am not big for looking far ahead into the future so for now I will just give my first round predictions.

Harpeth over Stewart Co. (something between 10-0 & 15-0)

Creek Wood over Waverly Central (something around 10-5 or 12-7)

Sycamore over Fairview (something between 10-0 & 15-0)

Cheatham Co. "UPSET SPECIAL" over Montgomery Central (something around 4-3, 5-4, or 6-5)

District 11AA Semifinals

Creek Wood vs Harpeth

Cheatham Co. vs Sycamore

If your upset special happens to go through then it would be:

Harpeth vs Cheatham Co.

Sycamore vs Creek Wood

once we get to the double elimination round it is the highest seed vs the lowest seed and then the two in between play each other. Just thought you would like to know. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(putboobieincoach @ Apr 30 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826448430[/snapback]coach says we will find out who we play at 9 oclock tomorrow mornin at montgomery central. i will try to let everyone know by tomorrow mornin.

That is RETARDED if you ask me because now with this delay you are giving 4 TEAMS a total of 1 DAY to prepare for who they are going to play. This issue could have been resolved easily sometime today (if not over the weekend).

Baseball's Postseason Format is a terrible one. They need to make the baseball & basketball formats equally similar to one another because all of this high seed vs low seed garbage plus the fact that the #1 seed is already going to get a walk into the regionals is crazy. HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE #1 SEED GET REWARDED????? It's almost as if the #1 seed has every opportunity in the world to win the district tourney as well because they will always play the worst team that advances. Even if they don't win though it's okay in the end because they get a free walk into the regionals anyway /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

In basketball and football the POSTSEASON is what matters while in baseball the posteason is a bit of a "free mulligan" to a team that may slip up down the stretch. TALK ABOUT TOO MANY CHANCES!!!!

QUOTE(MCBB @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826448813[/snapback]I dont think the MC coach will cut the grass. He must like the Cubs, at Wrigley Field you can lose the ball in the inflield and the same can be said at the Indians field.

I think thats the Ivy on the outfield wall that you lose the ball in at Wrigley Field, not the grass.

QUOTE(War Eagles @ May 1 2007 - 09:33 AM) 826448993[/snapback]Sycamore should demolish Fairview tomorrow. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

yeah, and the yankees should never lose a game but they do. thats whats so great bout baseball. anyone can win on any given day!!!

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 30 2007 - 08:52 PM) 826448685[/snapback]That is RETARDED if you ask me because now with this delay you are giving 4 TEAMS a total of 1 DAY to prepare for who they are going to play. This issue could have been resolved easily sometime today (if not over the weekend).

Baseball's Postseason Format is a terrible one. They need to make the baseball & basketball formats equally similar to one another because all of this high seed vs low seed garbage plus the fact that the #1 seed is already going to get a walk into the regionals is crazy. HOW MANY TIMES DOES THE #1 SEED GET REWARDED????? It's almost as if the #1 seed has every opportunity in the world to win the district tourney as well because they will always play the worst team that advances. Even if they don't win though it's okay in the end because they get a free walk into the regionals anyway /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

In basketball and football the POSTSEASON is what matters while in baseball the posteason is a bit of a "free mulligan" to a team that may slip up down the stretch. TALK ABOUT TOO MANY CHANCES!!!!

Baseball is different than football and basketball in that the pitching matchups dictate who wins alot of the time. For that reason, I agree with rewarding the top seed in the district for going through the regular season and winning the most games. Particularly with a Monday, Tuesday and sometimes Thursday format, going undefeated in regular season would indicate that Harpeth has a deep pitching staff. It's region and sectional that stink. One game doesn't matter and the sectional game is an elimination game no matter what. Go back and look at my pool play thread. That's the best indicator of who the strongest team is and one pitcher teams won't cut it very long in pool play. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />