District 11-AA

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mel Clark @ May 4 2007 - 07:28 PM) 826452020[/snapback]When do South-Side and Lexington play and what time? And, who is in the winners bracket of that district???

Lexington and South Side play at 2:30 today. Liberty and Bolivar are in finals of winner's bracket, play Monday at 2:00 at Lexington--early start time due to graduation Monday night.

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ May 4 2007 - 07:59 PM) 826451990[/snapback]Harpeth 9

Creekwood 0

WP: Fiser 7IP 7K 2or3BB

LP: #27

HR- Har. Pomeroy (4) Chris Hale (8) Cory Hale (9)

Harpeth plays winner of MC vs Syc, 7:00 Monday at MC

fiser pitched a very good game. he kept us off balance all day. who won the central sycamore game???

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> What does 11AA high school students do on Saturdays and Sundays? I'll never cease to be amazed at how the district runs the post season. Now.........Harpeth's and Creekwood's Friday night pitcher has 2 1/2 days rest while the guy that Sycamore and Montgomery Central would have pitched on Friday, coulda pitched on Saturday or Sunday and will now pitch on Monday is burned. You guys do it to yourselves, so it's hard to feel sorry for ya. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(ksgovols @ May 5 2007 - 05:56 PM) 826452531[/snapback]/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> What does 11AA high school students do on Saturdays and Sundays? I'll never cease to be amazed at how the district runs the post season. Now.........Harpeth's and Creekwood's Friday night pitcher has 2 1/2 days rest while the guy that Sycamore and Montgomery Central would have pitched on Friday, coulda pitched on Saturday or Sunday and will now pitch on Monday is burned. You guys do it to yourselves, so it's hard to feel sorry for ya. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

District 11 AA has been pretty successful the last few years. Harpeth has been to the state tournament

the last two years and could easily go again this year. Montgomery Central was there the year before

that and lost 1-0 in the semifinals. These two programs plus Sycamore and Creek Wood play programs

from around the entire state and built a solid reputation for our district statewide. There is no need to

feel sorry for this district and their programs. They are respected by high school coaches and college

coaches( numerous signees) throughout Tennessee. Also Fairview and Waverly have excellent coaches

who have helped send many players to the collegiate level. Cheatham County also has former players

who currently are excelling at the collegiate level and Stewart County's current coach is building a solid program. Exciting tournament action will return Monday and the currently 11, and possibly more

future college players will continue their high school careers in DISTRICT 11.

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ May 5 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826452699[/snapback]Does anyone know the schedule for Monday? I know Syc and MC will continue their game at 4:30, but who plays at 7:00. I would think that the loser from the Syc/MC game would play CW at 7:00, I am really not sure. Does anyone know?

thats whats gonna happen. cw will play the loser of sycamore vs. central at 7:00.

QUOTE(MCBB @ May 5 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826452638[/snapback]District 11 AA has been pretty successful the last few years. Harpeth has been to the state tournament

the last two years and could easily go again this year. Montgomery Central was there the year before

that and lost 1-0 in the semifinals. These two programs plus Sycamore and Creek Wood play programs

from around the entire state and built a solid reputation for our district statewide. There is no need to

feel sorry for this district and their programs. They are respected by high school coaches and college

coaches( numerous signees) throughout Tennessee. Also Fairview and Waverly have excellent coaches

who have helped send many players to the collegiate level. Cheatham County also has former players

who currently are excelling at the collegiate level and Stewart County's current coach is building a solid program. Exciting tournament action will return Monday and the currently 11, and possibly more

future college players will continue their high school careers in DISTRICT 11.

I understand the talent level that exists in the district. I don't understand the scheduling philosophy that starts a district tournament on Friday and then takes 2 days off and because of the rainout of the second game Friday, it puts your team and Sycamore at a disadvantage in my view that didn't have to happen. It also makes for short rest going into regions for no other reason than to not play on Saturday and Sundays? It also greatly reduces the gate and concessions that your team, as the host, could be making by playing on school and work nights instead of during the weekend. A lot of the visiting teams would bring more fans to your park if the tournament was conducive to actually accommodating fans.

I guess the scheduling logic is lost on this district 11AA baseball fan. What good reason is there to not play baseball on a beautiful spring weekend? It's not rocket surgery coach. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(ksgovols @ May 7 2007 - 09:55 AM) 826453395[/snapback]I understand the talent level that exists in the district. I don't understand the scheduling philosophy that starts a district tournament on Friday and then takes 2 days off and because of the rainout of the second game Friday, it puts your team and Sycamore at a disadvantage in my view that didn't have to happen. It also makes for short rest going into regions for no other reason than to not play on Saturday and Sundays? It also greatly reduces the gate and concessions that your team, as the host, could be making by playing on school and work nights instead of during the weekend. A lot of the visiting teams would bring more fans to your park if the tournament was conducive to actually accommodating fans.

I guess the scheduling logic is lost on this district 11AA baseball fan. What good reason is there to not play baseball on a beautiful spring weekend? It's not rocket surgery coach. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

well thats just the way it is. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />