Bud Selig is an idiot - AGAIN

This article says "Selig insisted that Major League Baseball would celebrate Bonds' potential feat exactly as it does any other major milestone, such as a pitcher's 300th win." This is not "any other major milestone". Bud won't come out and says he thinks Bonds' record is tainted. However if this was the alltime hits record or the alltime record for wins, I guarantee you he would be there in person.

I don't like Barry either but Bud is treating Barry differently than he would any other player.

Bud needs to crawl back under his rock.

Selig stays noncommital on following Bonds' HR chase

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selig is the worst thing that has happened to baseball ever.

His little issue with Barry Bonds now is his own making. Right or wrong, he knew what was going on during the roid era (Well, this is Selig - he is stupid enough to not realize this) and turned his back on it because baseball popularity was up. Please note he only began to care when the public outcry started.

It's going to happen. 755 is THE sports record in America and is different from every other record imaginable. Go there and face your own web you have weaved Bud.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(Bighurt @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826364930[/snapback]This article says "Selig insisted that Major League Baseball would celebrate Bonds' potential feat exactly as it does any other major milestone, such as a pitcher's 300th win." This is not "any other major milestone". Bud won't come out and says he thinks Bonds' record is tainted. However if this was the alltime hits record or the alltime record for wins, I guarantee you he would be there in person.

I don't like Barry either but Bud is treating Barry differently than he would any other player.

Bud needs to crawl back under his rock.

Selig stays noncommital on following Bonds' HR chase

maybe if bonds didnt cheat his way there

I think that Bud wasn't the right fit for the commissioners job in the first place. With he being a former owner of a team I feel that he only looks at the owner side of the business and not the fans. I like most fans don't like Barry Bonds and feel that he has done something to alter his body. Although, I do follow the story every night when he does hit a home run. It is kind of like the Anna Nicole story you don't really care but you watch anyway.(My Opinion) If I were the commissioner even though Barry and I might not see eye to eye I would still be at the record breaking bomb just for the sake of baseball.

Bonds is not alone in this and athletes have been using performance inhancing substances for longer than most want to admit. They can just test for it now. And unless I am wrong baseball didn't have a problem with it until lately. I have met bonds and and he acts like the biggest idiot I have ever met and I personally cant stand him but he was playing within the rules until now.