13 AA District

GHvolrebel

QUOTE(FloydPink @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826375871[/snapback]

I love that scenario if you just put Milan in the OC spot and then OC goes and knocks off Northside.

Floydpink, I had bet that when I wrote that scenario ( I am impressed with your spelling) that you would like it because Milan and OC are both capable of doing that exact thing tonight. I honestly believe though that it fits OC Lady Rebels best however. I have no doubt that there could easily be another match up between Westview and OC or MIlan and OC or even Westview and OC. Again that is how strong and good all our teams are. I think we probably should all apprreciate the quality of our own and each others' teams more. Emotions do run deep in ourselves as well as the teams that we support. I will be for Milan beating Northside jsut as you would be for OC beating Northside.

Still, play hard Lady Rebels and win tonight.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have gotten a technical in that situation. I guess I'll have to be floating around the rafters of that gym in Martin tonite to try and help my girls through this disaster. Lose tonight and it could be over real soon down at Jackson Northside, so I'll try and save the day.

This team reminds me alot of my teams...they were unbeleivable in December, and won all the gold balls in December!

QUOTE(Ghost of Spencer @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:04 PM) 826375926[/snapback]

I wouldn't have gotten a technical in that situation. I guess I'll have to be floating around the rafters of that gym in Martin tonite to try and help my girls through this disaster. Lose tonight and it could be over real soon down at Jackson Northside, so I'll try and save the day.

This team reminds me alot of my teams...they were unbeleivable in December, and won all the gold balls in December!

Maybe we need an exorcism......

QUOTE(Ghost of Spencer @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:04 AM) 826375926[/snapback]

You know even you Ghost would have got the T in that one, it looked predetermined. While a loss tonight would not be good, it would NOT be the end of the world. And as for picking up a gold ball, well they are still playing, and that means they still have a shot at it. Maybe we will see you at the game, we'll look UP for you.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Tightwad @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:34 AM) 826375889[/snapback]

I agree with you FloydPink. Any rational, unbiased basketball fan who could watch a replay of the event in question would come to only one conclusion. Coach Suiter deserved the technical. He deserved it at least one full minute before he got it. I think Suiter is a very good, underappreciated coach but in this case he got what he deserved. As to whether or not he wanted the "T", to me it appeared he was begging for it. Any attempt to question the referee in this case just shows bias. A quick point about the ref Joyner. He is one of the best referees in this area. He is a coach himself. He has years of experience questioning calls with umpires so you can bet he knows where the line is. Suiter was given plenty of time to express his rage, but he finally crossed the line. If Joyner gives you a "T" you can bet you earned it!

While I agree that the ref in question is one of the better ones in the area, IF Coach Suitor deserved a T, you would think it would have come from one of the refs he was talking to, not the one on the other end of the floor. And why any coach would WANT a T down 9, and making a run is beyond me. But again I will say the officials/calls did not cost OC the game, the first quarter did.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Tightwad.

You're right GHvolrebel, I hope if Milan can't pull it off Obion Central can. In fact, I like all the teams in our district. But after Milan, I am particularly fond of Obion Central and I think Jana Roney is the best all around player in the district including Milan. Her performance in the last few minutes the other night against Westview was inspiring. She has a will to win.

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 17 2007 - 06:38 AM) 826375755[/snapback]

Here's the strategy to get to the finals at the 'Boro. (if I have my order correct.)

I. District consolation game.

a. Play hard all four quarters which can be done.

b. Win the consolation game and get your momentum back.

c. You travel to Fayette Ware.

II. 1st Round of the Regional

a. Win or go home for the year.

b. You play a good game at Fayette Ware and win if rankings mean anything.

c. You have momentum now and get to play at Gibson Co.

III. 2nd Round of Regionals

a. You play hard all four quarters.

b. You win regardless of the opponent because you do well in the gym at

Gibson Co.

c. THis game is very important because it may decide the winner of the

state tournament.

IV. Regional Finals

a. This will again be a great game between two highly ranked teams.

b. You need to be on your A-game and win this one.

c. You are now in the driver's seat and get to host the Sub-State at your

place.

V. Sub-State at Home

a. Winner advances to state.

b. You and your fellow distirct team are now in the driver's seat to win the

State.

VI. State Tournament

a. Win 1st Round

b. Win 2nd Round

c. Win 3rd Round and You Are The Champions

d. Relax - for you have earned it. You have survived the hardest district in

the state this year.

The team that I am talking about. Go OC Lady Rebels.

Lol...winning a state championship is easier said then done...the only team 13AA has to worry bout is the other 13AA teams and NorthSide...I think it'll be Westview and North Side in the championship...but could be a 13AA final as North Side has never played at GCHS I don't believe...you could say the 13AA team has home court advantage maybe????

Here's the strategy to get to the finals at the 'Boro. (if I have my order correct.)

Gibson Co.

state tournament.

IV. Regional Finals

place.

V. Sub-State at Home

State.

VI. State Tournament

a. Win 1st Round

b. Win 2nd Round

the state this year.

Step I accomplished. Good full game Lady Rebels.

And congrats. to the Dyersburg Lady Trojans. I am totally suprised that Westview only scored 23 points in the entire game. What a shock!

Gibson Co.

state tournament.

IV. Regional Finals

place.

V. Sub-State at Home

State.

VI. State Tournament

a. Win 1st Round

b. Win 2nd Round

the state this year.

How bout those DYERSBURG LADY TROJANS I warned all of of yall about earlier in this post ! going to be tuff beating them since they have "ALL" the team intact for the 1st time this season ! GO LADY TROJANS!!

Db has played their best 3 games, the last 3 games they have played. Tonite vs Mw was the best of all. Incredible defense. MW was sluggish, tired, sick, something. No movement. Don't think it would haver mattered as Db played awesome.

13Aa will win 3 of the games vs 14AA. If Postonand Gray get their heads on straight, Milan vs NS is a tossup.

Congrats Db on a great tournament and good luck to all of the 13AA teams. One needs to bring home the gold and the other the silver.

Congrats to Obion Co on a big win last night over Milan. A solid game by the Lady Rebs, as they took control and never let up. This may have been the best effort by OC in a month or so. Last night they played their game, mostly at their tempo, and get the win. Also a big Congrats to Dyersburg, as the Lady Trojans likely played their best basketball of the year in the three games in the tournament to take the title. Now if you look at the Regional brackets, on one side to the bracket are D'burg, OC from 13AA, while Westview, Milan, and most likely Jax NSide will be in the other half of the bracket. It's win or go home for the next two games for all teams. So it's time to crank it up.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 17 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826376114[/snapback]While I agree that the ref in question is one of the better ones in the area, IF Coach Suitor deserved a T, you would think it would have come from one of the refs he was talking to, not the one on the other end of the floor. And why any coach would WANT a T down 9, and making a run is beyond me. But again I will say the officials/calls did not cost OC the game, the first quarter did.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100% on that post VOREBS......I also heard the same ref ran into the huddle of one of the teams during the boys semis the following nite..Seems he might be a spot lite chaser.....Congrats to the Lady Rebels..The loss to Westview may have been a good one,strategy wise....Save for the possible loooooong trip to Somerville....