13 AA District

GHvolrebel

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:36 AM) 826377151[/snapback]..The loss to Westview may have been a good one,strategy wise....

If you want to play the hottest team in the state, in a do or die game, then yes the strategy was wise......bottom line is that Dyersburg has all but sewn up a trip to the substate. The way they played last night, wouldn't suprise me to see them win it all, they are better than Northside, Upperman and everyone else in AA if Holloway scores 23 points and pulls down double digit rebounds every night. It will take an unbelievable defense effort from someone to beat them......

QUOTE(Not-so HeavyD @ Feb 18 2007 - 11:03 AM) 826377179[/snapback]If you want to play the hottest team in the state, in a do or die game, then yes the strategy was wise......bottom line is that Dyersburg has all but sewn up a trip to the substate. The way they played last night, wouldn't suprise me to see them win it all, they are better than Northside, Upperman and everyone else in AA if Holloway scores 23 points and pulls down double digit rebounds every night. It will take an unbelievable defense effort from someone to beat them......

Regardless of how Dyersburg is playing right now,there are teams OC seems to play very well against...I would rather see the Lady Trojans in the region semis than a team that has beaten me three times already this season....If for nothing else,the confidence factor.....I'm sure Dyersburg will have those previous games with OC(losses)in the back of their minds when and if they do meet......

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:59 AM) 826377173[/snapback]Yes, backintha....it is a long trip, but I expect to see the "train" in force there Thursday night. And if we do have to make that trip, look for the trip home to be a "happy" one.....after a Lady Rebel victory.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The train will be trying to get a pep bus to the game for Thursday....We will be loud!! WOO!! Win or go home!!!

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:09 AM) 826377185[/snapback]Regardless of how Dyersburg is playing right now,there are teams OC seems to play very well against...I would rather see the Lady Trojans in the region semis than a team that has beaten me three times already this season....If for nothing else,the confidence factor.....I'm sure Dyersburg will have those previous games with OC(losses)in the back of their minds when and if they do meet......

I would not go there if I was an OC fan...remember, Milan & Westview beat Dyersburg pretty good during the regular season just like OC did & what happened to them?? I don't see any regular season loss being on their minds right now..too focused on the here & now, not the past....I agree with NSHD in that they appear to be the hotest team in the state at the right time..whether or not they can continue that will play out in the coming weeks....Great tournament though by all the teams!!

QUOTE(Little Joe @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:55 PM) 826377392[/snapback]*****

I would not go there if I was an OC fan...remember, Milan & Westview beat Dyersburg pretty good during the regular season just like OC did & what happened to them?? I don't see any regular season loss being on their minds right now..too focused on the here & now, not the past....I agree with NSHD in that they appear to be the hotest team in the state at the right time..whether or not they can continue that will play out in the coming weeks....Great tournament though by all the teams!!

I'll refer you back to post #123..And I'll pretty much go where I please....

Hey Guys, I'm back. I just had my first case of the full blown flu. I have never felt as bad as the last 3 days in my life. I didnt want to see a computer or I didnt even care what anybody said on Coach T. This is my first post and I've got to commend HeavyD. He knows what he's talking about, he told us that Dyersburg was the team to watch out for and I laughed. Heavy, you were right again. You know your basketball. Now I'm going back to bed.

PS No more predictions for now.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Feb 18 2007 - 02:10 PM) 826377655[/snapback]Hey Guys, I'm back. I just had my first case of the full blown flu. I have never felt as bad as the last 3 days in my life. I didnt want to see a computer or I didnt even care what anybody said on Coach T. This is my first post and I've got to commend HeavyD. He knows what he's talking about, he told us that Dyersburg was the team to watch out for and I laughed. Heavy, you were right again. You know your basketball. Now I'm going back to bed.

PS No more predictions for now.

anyone have the all-district team and mvp and coach of the year in 13aa???

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Feb 18 2007 - 02:13 PM) 826377659[/snapback]anyone have the all-district team and mvp and coach of the year in 13aa???

If I remember correctly, there was a tie with the Martin Westview and Milan coaches getting Coach of the Year and Jana Roney of OC getting the Most Valuable Player of the Year. They gave out academic district awards for 90+ average evidently to seniors. I don't remember all the Tournament Most Valuable Players other than a few, and I would not want to leave some out.