2. Burnette SS

3. Dodd 3B

4. Barnes DH

5. Fann 1B

6. Parsley LF

7. McGowan RF

8. Fisher C

9. McConnell 2B

McGowan can also play anywhere in the infield, has actually worked quite a bit at first early on, can also play left and might pitch.

Fann will catch some

McConnell has worked at short and third

Jordan Wright could see some time in the outfield

Burnette will pitch and can play first

Barnes may play some outfield too

There is no Burnette on Oaklands team this year....

Sorry but if you are gonna jump all over someone else for spelling someones name wrong make sure you dont misspell someone's name a couple of posts later

And I see Barnes playing right over McGowan..better arm..just my opinion

This should be a very interesting year in 7-AAA. I look for it to be very competitive between the Boro schools, and i look for Lebanon and Cookeville to sneak up and win a few against the Boro teams. Ultimately, i see it being Riverdale winning the district. its just hard to beat the champs. i look for Oakland to finish second, followed by Siegel, Blackman, Cookeville, Lebanon, White County, Warren County.

Warren County, after having a fairly good year last year, will definitely have a tough year this year. They lost 7 starters from last year's team to graduation. Thats hard for anyone to overcome.

White County lost 3 seniors last year i believe, but one was one of their two hosses on the mound, and he will be hard to replace. JJ Taylor is a heck of an athlete, but he has to keep his head, and not scratch out obscenities in the outfield of their biggest rival. JJ will get flustered against a team that hits well off of him.

Lebanon is a team i really don't know much about. They are always decent, and play in the biggest park in high school baseball, so if they can learn to hit gaps, they can run all day.

Cookeville has quite a bit of experience returning from last year, but they lost some good players too. Overall, i believe the team chemistry will be better this year. Chaffin has brought some stability to the program after being the 4th different coach in 4 years. Seniors Tyler Farley (Walters St.) and Jeremy Hamm (Roane St) have already committed i have heard, and they also have Louisville Slugger Pre-Season 2nd Team All-America Bo Reeder making the move behind the plate this year.

Blackman has a lot of talent returning too. Cooper can pitch the baseball, and i look for him to have a big year. Mitch Cox is fun to watch play shortstop, he is slick and has some quick hands. Kirkland Wheeler can absolutely crush the ball, and will hit his share of round-trippers this year.

Siegel is strong in the pitching department this year, but maybe not as strong as last year. Tobitt will do an excellent job moving to short this season, and Reavis will have his boys ready to play when the time comes. They will hit the ball.

Oakland is a great team and would win most districts in the state but i just don't see them knocking off Riverdale this season. Riverdale might not even have as much talent as Oakland, but i still see Oakland falling short of the district title. Polk is the best leadoff hitter in the district and probably the fastest player in the district. Barnes is the best pitcher in the district. Burnett is a good all-around player, as is Drew Fann.

Riverdale will find a way to win it this year again. They have too many weapons in the arsenal. Hunter and Skinner may hit 15 hrs each this year, and they have a ton of other kids who can hit the baseball. Powers is possibly the best coach in the district. its between Powers or Reavis, in my book. Riverdale knows how to win. they find ways to end up on top and thats the main quality the district champ has to have.

I have Powers winning Coach of the Year, Barnes winning Pitcher of the Year, and Hunter winning Player of the Year.

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826386772[/snapback]Oakland's baseball run, talent-wise and results in the late 90s are similar to Riverdale football from 94-97. We may never see that much talent on one team like

that again in our lifetime. Both teams were fun to watch. And a lot of folks forget who I think was the best hitter on those Oakland teams, Rauschenberger - he

was something else! And that team had so much pitching depth that one of the better pitchers in these parts the past few years didn't even get to pitch in

the state tournament....

Good Call

QUOTE(Let @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:43 PM) 826386827[/snapback]There is no Burnette on Oaklands team this year....

Sorry but if you are gonna jump all over someone else for spelling someones name wrong make sure you dont misspell someone's name a couple of posts later

And I see Barnes playing right over McGowan..better arm..just my opinion

you got me

QUOTE(gap to gap baby @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826383926[/snapback]This is kind of off topic but I was raised in baseball with the saying "defense wins championships." I just want to know if people still agree with this because it looks like in the game now days its all about scoring runs. Oakland and Riverdale are the two power houses still and it seems like their line ups are what wins them ball games. Just wondering what people think, would you rather have an errorless defense or a big power hitting lineup?

both if i had my rathers!