District 7-AAA

rhs1234

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826428924[/snapback]Maybe Oakland does, who knows, but what is Riverdale going to do about Polk, Burnett, Dodd, Fann and Barnes? You cant walk them all, well you could but the results wouldnt exactly be pretty. Im looking forward to that series but Oakland still has 5 games to go until they get to that point so it is still a little ways off

my guess is we will pitch to them let them see how far they can hit it and then sit in AWWWW of them...but before we pitch to them each player will bow down to them we they reach the plate

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 3 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826428991[/snapback]my guess is we will pitch to them let them see how far they can hit it and then sit in AWWWW of them...but before we pitch to them each player will bow down to them we they reach the plate

lol I doubt it, but this guy was talking like Oakland should shiver in fear of Hunter and Skinner while Oakland has the better lineup, pitching is probably a toss-up bewteen these 2 so who knows what will happen when these 2 teams meet as history has often dictated

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 3 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826429018[/snapback]lol I doubt it, but this guy was talking like Oakland should shiver in fear of Hunter and Skinner while Oakland has the better lineup, pitching is probably a toss-up bewteen these 2 so who knows what will happen when these 2 teams meet as history has often dictated

I dont think he was shivering for them i think he feels NO ONE else on the team can hit so walk them get a Double Play and then get the 3rd out on the next player...

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 3 2007 - 01:48 PM) 826429032[/snapback]I dont think he was shivering for them i think he feels NO ONE else on the team can hit so walk them get a Double Play and then get the 3rd out on the next player...

Well im not so blind to think that is the case, Riverdale has always been able to hit the ball well

Lebanon got beat tonight by a very classless and bush riverdale team. The team chants when the coach is taking a mound trip chanting at the coach which is a no no. There is nothing wrong with cheering on your teammates bbut it is very bush to chant at the other team especially the coach. And i'm a firm believer that your actions is a reflection of the coach and the coach is squeezing 8-2 with two strikes on the hitter then again with the score 9-2 which is bull crap. It all shows where there class, excuse me LACK OF CLASS, comes from and that is Coach Powers.

First of all Riverdale does have a good baseball program. Hunter is a special hitter, and a good all around player. There kids play hard , but I sure hope you do not learn somethings from your head coach. Riverdale beat Lebanon pretty good to night no doubt about that, but to squeeze bunt up 9-2 is sad. Coach Powers should have more respect for the game of baseball than that. Players chanting at the others team coach is pitiful. Sitting up in the stands and watching this upset me greatly. I wish TSSAA could have been at the game because I am sure that they would be very proud of Riverdale's behavior.

good game tonight by the WARRIORS...the score was 9-2 but it was closer than that...lebanon started the scoring in the 2nd inning with 2 runs and RIVERDALE came back in the 3rd inning for 6 runs including a grand slam by chad hunter...i pulled up while he was hitting and i saw that ball leave his bat..IT WAS A SHOT...our defense wasnt as good tonight as it usually is but we did good enough to win ...it was a well called and well played game...as far as the comments about the squeeze..you got a double play out of it i would be thanking him for it but whatever thrid baseman made a great catch on that ball tooo...also lebanons shortstop made a SWEET catch on one of chad rockets he hit today he SCORCHED that ball with the infeild and and the SS made a great play so did the first basme earlier...great job of pitching my austin hurt and good job of exectuing by the WARRIORS TONIGHT

QUOTE(diamond devil @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:47 PM) 826429322[/snapback]First of all Riverdale does have a good baseball program. Hunter is a special hitter, and a good all around player. There kids play hard , but I sure hope you do not learn somethings from your head coach. Riverdale beat Lebanon pretty good to night no doubt about that, but to squeeze bunt up 9-2 is sad. Coach Powers should have more respect for the game of baseball than that. Players chanting at the others team coach is pitiful. Sitting up in the stands and watching this upset me greatly. I wish TSSAA could have been at the game because I am sure that they would be very proud of Riverdale's behavior.

Can anyone say sour grapes!!!!!! Coach Sloan is a whiner. He complains all night about the strike zone from the 3rd base coaches box. He complains from the dugout. He refuses to shake hands after the game as he more whining to do with the umpires. I don't want to hear about Riverdales lack of class when coach Sloan takes the cake.

As far as bunting to score a run to try to put some assurance runs on the board, I believe he was trying to win not show anybody up.

Respect for the game!!!!!! you call Sloans behaviour respectful. How about the young man showing his behind when he was called out trying to stretch a single into a double when you are trailing by 6 runs. He should have been tossed. His only excuse is that he is behaving like his coach.

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826429293[/snapback]Lebanon got beat tonight by a very classless and bush riverdale team. The team chants when the coach is taking a mound trip chanting at the coach which is a no no. There is nothing wrong with cheering on your teammates bbut it is very bush to chant at the other team especially the coach. And i'm a firm believer that your actions is a reflection of the coach and the coach is squeezing 8-2 with two strikes on the hitter then again with the score 9-2 which is bull crap. It all shows where there class, excuse me LACK OF CLASS, comes from and that is Coach Powers.

Please we have heard it all before. Someone get a tissue for smiley. You should have been named "Whiney01". If you don't want them chanting then beat them. That will shut them up.

QUOTE(CRACKER @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:14 PM) 826429409[/snapback]Please we have heard it all before. Someone get a tissue for smiley. You should have been named "Whiney01". If you don't want them chanting then beat them. That will shut them up.

There is a difference in winning and winning with class and Riverdale obviosly don't know how to win with class. And like I said chanting your own team is good chanting at the other team is bush league and classless and there is no need for it in this game.

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826429293[/snapback]Lebanon got beat tonight by a very classless and bush riverdale team. The team chants when the coach is taking a mound trip chanting at the coach which is a no no. There is nothing wrong with cheering on your teammates bbut it is very bush to chant at the other team especially the coach. And i'm a firm believer that your actions is a reflection of the coach and the coach is squeezing 8-2 with two strikes on the hitter then again with the score 9-2 which is bull crap. It all shows where there class, excuse me LACK OF CLASS, comes from and that is Coach Powers.

This post is TOO Funny!

How many runs did YA score against Hendersonville the other night to come back. Was it 6????

This is High School Baseball - not the MLB. NO LEAD is Safe!

I have been with Coach Power for 12 years now and he is the EPITOME of CLASS. And he also coaches to

WIN Ball Games.

I just shake my head when I read posts like this. Because I KNOW Coach Buddy Powers and I realized that people who write stuff like this don't have a clue! It is their loss and my gain....