CRIME COMMITTED AT MOORE COUNTY

bleacherbum69

I have been watching basketball for 57 years and i have never witnessed a more blatant act against kids in my entire life that someone didn't get arrested for. I want to start by saying to the fine people of Moore County and their players who showed excellent sportsmanship, that this has nothing to do with them nor is it a knock against them in any way, shape or form. The 3 officials decided the outcome of both games for some reason. Moore Co. shot a combined 53 foul shots to Jackson County's 9. 53-9 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The boys from Jackson Co. lost by 7 points the girls by 2. Though you might think that was the worst part, however it wasn't. These 3 officials should be BANNED from ever calling another game EVER! Time and again they turned their heads to obvious fouls and turnovers only to call it totally different for the home team. Why is this? Why or how can they be put in this kind of position to do these things to innocent kids that are playing just as hard for their team. Are we all not AMERICANS? DO WE ALL NOT LIVE IN THE SAME STATE? How can these guys be held accountable? I will give you just a small synopsis of the game so you all can understand our frustration. Jackson Co.'s boys missed a shot and Moore Co. had a layup attempt at the other end in which a player from Jackson Co. fouled him on the way up. An intentional foul was called against our player in where they shot two foul shots and got the ball back. Later in the game the same thing ocurred only it was Jackson Co. on a break away layup with District MVP Tyler Cassety going up and being knocked not only out of bounds but into the wall. There was no intentional foul called and it gets better THERE WAS NO FOUL CALLED AT ALL! IT GETS BETTER!! The Coach from Moore Co. called a timeout, keep in mind with Cassety being knocked into the next state on the layup he did not make the shot. Moore Co. then goes to inbound the ball under Jackson Co's basket. Its a two point game at this time with 2:48 on the clock. Jackson Co. picks up in a full court press and denys the inbound the 5 second count is almost up so the player from Moore Co. starts running the baseline and eventually gets the ball inbounds. The coaches from Jackson Co. are sreaming at the refs because this is an obvious violation and a turnover. The ball is tipped out of bounds on the pass by Moore Co. and given BACK TO MOORE CO!!! The coaches from Jackson Co. are telling the refs he had just had a turnover and i promise you i was sitting right behind the scorers table and the ref told the coach and i quote " I TOLD HIM HE COULD RUN THE BASELINE COACH" The coach tells the ref it wasn't a made basket he can't do that the ref said again i quote "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN COACH" and shook his head as if to say no to Jackson Co. WHY IS THIS KIND OF THING ALLOWED TO HAPPEN? THERE IS NO CALL FOR THIS! Moore Co. has a very good team we take nothing away from them but this game wasn't decided by the players and it was never going to be the refs made that clear from the outset of the game. I JUST WISH TSSAA WOULD DO SOMETHING TO THIS KIND OF REFEREEING. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS CAN BE TURNED INTO TSSAA? WHAT KIND OF ACTIONS CAN BE TAKEN IN THESE SITUATIONS ? We are all Tennesseans and Americans, what happened in Moore Co. was a CRIME!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive benn telling everbody this for years: Refs in Tennese aren't worth a flip. They $uck. They're inconsistant, they're uneducated about the game, they don't know the rules, and alot are just flat out biased... Its a shame that 40 and 50 year old men go out on a mission to screw teenagers, but it happens every night. And you kow who to blame??? Why the T$$AA of course.

QUOTE(bleacherbum69 @ Feb 10 2007 - 12:52 PM) 826366199[/snapback]

I have been watching basketball for 57 years and i have never witnessed a more blatant act against kids in my entire life that someone didn't get arrested for. I want to start by saying to the fine people of Moore County and their players who showed excellent sportsmanship, that this has nothing to do with them nor is it a knock against them in any way, shape or form. The 3 officials decided the outcome of both games for some reason. Moore Co. shot a combined 53 foul shots to Jackson County's 9. 53-9 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The boys from Jackson Co. lost by 7 points the girls by 2. Though you might think that was the worst part, however it wasn't. These 3 officials should be BANNED from ever calling another game EVER! Time and again they turned their heads to obvious fouls and turnovers only to call it totally different for the home team. Why is this? Why or how can they be put in this kind of position to do these things to innocent kids that are playing just as hard for their team. Are we all not AMERICANS? DO WE ALL NOT LIVE IN THE SAME STATE? How can these guys be held accountable? I will give you just a small synopsis of the game so you all can understand our frustration. Jackson Co.'s boys missed a shot and Moore Co. had a layup attempt at the other end in which a player from Jackson Co. fouled him on the way up. An intentional foul was called against our player in where they shot two foul shots and got the ball back. Later in the game the same thing ocurred only it was Jackson Co. on a break away layup with District MVP Tyler Cassety going up and being knocked not only out of bounds but into the wall. There was no intentional foul called and it gets better THERE WAS NO FOUL CALLED AT ALL! IT GETS BETTER!! The Coach from Moore Co. called a timeout, keep in mind with Cassety being knocked into the next state on the layup he did not make the shot. Moore Co. then goes to inbound the ball under Jackson Co's basket. Its a two point game at this time with 2:48 on the clock. Jackson Co. picks up in a full court press and denys the inbound the 5 second count is almost up so the player from Moore Co. starts running the baseline and eventually gets the ball inbounds. The coaches from Jackson Co. are sreaming at the refs because this is an obvious violation and a turnover. The ball is tipped out of bounds on the pass by Moore Co. and given BACK TO MOORE CO!!! The coaches from Jackson Co. are telling the refs he had just had a turnover and i promise you i was sitting right behind the scorers table and the ref told the coach and i quote " I TOLD HIM HE COULD RUN THE BASELINE COACH" The coach tells the ref it wasn't a made basket he can't do that the ref said again i quote "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN COACH" and shook his head as if to say no to Jackson Co. WHY IS THIS KIND OF THING ALLOWED TO HAPPEN? THERE IS NO CALL FOR THIS! Moore Co. has a very good team we take nothing away from them but this game wasn't decided by the players and it was never going to be the refs made that clear from the outset of the game. I JUST WISH TSSAA WOULD DO SOMETHING TO THIS KIND OF REFEREEING. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS CAN BE TURNED INTO TSSAA? WHAT KIND OF ACTIONS CAN BE TAKEN IN THESE SITUATIONS ? We are all Tennesseans and Americans, what happened in Moore Co. was a CRIME!

I would not hold my breath for a change - if referees controlling the outcomes of games is eliminated, Science Hill may not ever have another home game.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Feb 10 2007 - 03:00 PM) 826366317[/snapback]

Ive benn telling everbody this for years: Refs in Tennese aren't worth a flip. They $uck. They're inconsistant, they're uneducated about the game, they don't know the rules, and alot are just flat out biased... Its a shame that 40 and 50 year old men go out on a mission to screw teenagers, but it happens every night. And you kow who to blame??? Why the T$$AA of course.

i am gonna have to disagree with you that they are on a mission toscrew teenagers...if you dont think they are not any good that is one thing but i dont think they go to camps and meetings and pay the fee so that they can go out and screw the teens

In my opinion other than 2 games we have had this year the refs have been pretty decent are there calls they make i dont like SURE butit doesnt make them bad we just have a difference of opinion i am watching as a fan of my school and they are out there doing a job

Now about this particular game i did not see or have i heard anything but i will tell you one thing i would be livid if the fouls were 53-9 that is unreal

Not all of us are 40 or 50 years old.

MOST of us give our best effort every night.

NONE of us are out to "screw teenagers."

99.9% of us are completely unbiased (of course, the losing team always gets that one official in America that is completely biased against their team).

ALL of us have a bad game from time to time, and none of us are perfect. But then again, neither are the players. No player in the history of basketball has ever hit every shot they ever took. As such, we don't berate your kids when they miss a free throw or turn the ball over.

If officials did not exist, the games would not be played.

If there is that big of a difference in foul shooting, then that tells me that one team was being much, much more aggressive than the other. I've called games like that...one team was just simply fouling more than the other. There's no rule anywhere that says the foul count has to be the same for both teams. But if what you said really happened with the intentional fouls, the official telling the coach to "sit down and shut up" and everything else, then that tape should be sent to the state office and let them handle it. That kind of stuff is not acceptable.

QUOTE(bigwes68 @ Feb 10 2007 - 04:32 PM) 826366422[/snapback]

But if what you said really happened with the intentional fouls, the official telling the coach to "sit down and shut up" and everything else, then that tape should be sent to the state office and let them handle it. That kind of stuff is not acceptable.

Absolutly. Thanks for your input.