8-AAA

ctownboy

QUOTE(mjuhb @ Apr 8 2007 - 11:16 PM) 826432764[/snapback]does anybody know whats going on at tullahoma because they are losing coaches right and left

scott hargrove is now the vice principal(which has killed the baseball team)

jimmy miller wrestling coach and offensive line coach is going to science hill

katie galloway got the boot(no complaints here)

sam melton(offensive coordinator and tennis)just got the boot and he won't even be at the high school any more

that was a real shock to me because sam was the brains behind the offense at tullahoma

Barnes was the person that made the O run.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chs4life @ Apr 9 2007 - 12:10 PM) 826433034[/snapback]Barnes was the person that made the O run.

Back to baseball District fans! Tullahoma has a great place to play and when we've been down their fans have been great and parents great. Must not have much to work with this year--they deserve a good program. Riverdale and Oakland are playing this week. Just 45 minutes away.

Reading about LC, it seems that they must not be very deep pitching wise. It looks like they are dropping soem easy games outside of the district. I am not sure because I have not seen them play, but if they only have 2-3 strong pitchers then you can take there chances of winning State, Region, or even the District out. It is not going to happen. You have to be deep and solid. But good luck to 8-aaa and I hope someone can get them some credit across the state.

Also referring to FC's coach, I think that he is a great coach, he always brings alot of energy to the field and it is easy for players to feed off of that. Kids cant take it as negative attention when they get yelled and cussed at but they need to take is as the coach wants them to prove something to him. Not put their head to the ground and quit. Mentally you have to be tuff.

Tullahoma is going through some big changes. I think there were some player/coach disagreements and the caoch told the players to go. I don't blame him. If you are a coach then you have to make the changes that you see fit for you. The players have to make those changes as well. Of course it shouldn't be 100% but if the coach calls for a change then the players need to do it. I don't think that he changed the whole program, he just changed what he saw more beneficial to the team.

Also, just from reading these post, it doesn't look like Lawrence County is getting any credit for challenging the district for first. I have seen this team play and they have a good pitching staff and great hitters. They are alittle sloppy in the field, but that is something that can always be fixed. I think that in the end, they will be the team to beat to win the district.

Columbia, they are always strong. Pickle is just a great coach and knows how to get his team going, espically toward tourny time. They will be making a run.

I know nothing about shelbyville, i am sure they will be good and beat some teams they shouldn't. I don't think that they have a chance at winning district, young team and young coach, sounds like rebuilding and no reloading.

Coffee County, is good aswell, everybody is good in 8-aaa, they are not the strongest hitting team but what I know about CC, they usally don't have that problem. I'm sure the sticks will start striking and they will be a good team. I see them top 4 in the district.

1. Lawrence County

2. Columbia

3. Lincoln County

4. Coffee County

5. Shelbyville

6. Franklin County

7. Tullahoma

the coach at central is not that young he has been around the midstate for a while and has won 2 district championships and made 2 state tournaments. and central is getting better youth always does!!!

QUOTE(nothingness @ Apr 10 2007 - 12:50 PM) 826433988[/snapback]Reading about LC, it seems that they must not be very deep pitching wise. It looks like they are dropping soem easy games outside of the district. I am not sure because I have not seen them play, but if they only have 2-3 strong pitchers then you can take there chances of winning State, Region, or even the District out. It is not going to happen. You have to be deep and solid. But good luck to 8-aaa and I hope someone can get them some credit across the state.

Also referring to FC's coach, I think that he is a great coach, he always brings alot of energy to the field and it is easy for players to feed off of that. Kids cant take it as negative attention when they get yelled and cussed at but they need to take is as the coach wants them to prove something to him. Not put their head to the ground and quit. Mentally you have to be tuff.

Tullahoma is going through some big changes. I think there were some player/coach disagreements and the caoch told the players to go. I don't blame him. If you are a coach then you have to make the changes that you see fit for you. The players have to make those changes as well. Of course it shouldn't be 100% but if the coach calls for a change then the players need to do it. I don't think that he changed the whole program, he just changed what he saw more beneficial to the team.

Also, just from reading these post, it doesn't look like Lawrence County is getting any credit for challenging the district for first. I have seen this team play and they have a good pitching staff and great hitters. They are alittle sloppy in the field, but that is something that can always be fixed. I think that in the end, they will be the team to beat to win the district.

Columbia, they are always strong. Pickle is just a great coach and knows how to get his team going, espically toward tourny time. They will be making a run.

I know nothing about shelbyville, i am sure they will be good and beat some teams they shouldn't. I don't think that they have a chance at winning district, young team and young coach, sounds like rebuilding and no reloading.

Coffee County, is good aswell, everybody is good in 8-aaa, they are not the strongest hitting team but what I know about CC, they usally don't have that problem. I'm sure the sticks will start striking and they will be a good team. I see them top 4 in the district.

1. Lawrence County

2. Columbia

3. Lincoln County

4. Coffee County

5. Shelbyville

6. Franklin County

7. Tullahoma

From reading the posts on here it seems a team is being overlooked. (Lawrence County) I have looked at their record and they should be contenders. They are currently 11-4 on the season and 3 - 1 in the district.

Lawrence County won the Courier classic in Hardin Co. several weeks ago over several ranked teams. I think this district will run a close one all year.

QUOTE(franko6 @ Apr 10 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826434022[/snapback]From reading the posts on here it seems a team is being overlooked. (Lawrence County) I have looked at their record and they should be contenders. They are currently 11-4 on the season and 3 - 1 in the district.

Lawrence County won the Courier classic in Hardin Co. several weeks ago over several ranked teams. I think this district will run a close one all year.

In my years of watching 8AAA I think you would be hardpressed to find a more competetive district from top to bottom, year to year. Looks like '07 is shaping up to be another and arguments can be made for everyone. It has been a treat to watch. Thanks guys!

QUOTE(nothingness @ Apr 10 2007 - 12:50 PM) 826433988[/snapback]I know nothing about shelbyville, i am sure they will be good and beat some teams they shouldn't. I don't think that they have a chance at winning district, young team and young coach, sounds like rebuilding and no reloading.

Brad Frasier will make Shelbyville better. He's a great teacher of baseball. Both hitting and pitching and he's got a Lipscomb background. This isn't his first rodeo as a head coach. His last 2 Harpeth teams went to state in AA and the senior class he just left have had 6 sign college scholarships. Those kid's will tell you that Coach Frasier made them better ballplayers.

Lincoln Co vs Shelbyville looks to be the best 8AAA series for this week. Shelbyville is currently tied for 1st with Lawrence Co in the standings. Lincoln Co needs a sweep to to have a good shot at the regular season championship. If the Golden Eagles at least get a split in the two game series, then Shelbyville would definitely be a contender, having split with Columbia and Lincoln Co, the pre-season favorites to win the district. Lawrence Co, starting next week, will play Lincoln Co and the following week will play Columbia and then we'll know more about the Wildcats chances of winning the regular season title. The 8AAA District Tournament will be at Grider Stadium in Tullahoma starting around May 4th.

QUOTE(binns37388 @ Apr 10 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826434091[/snapback]Lincoln Co vs Shelbyville looks to be the best 8AAA series for this week. Shelbyville is currently tied for 1st with Lawrence Co in the standings. Lincoln Co needs a sweep to to have a good shot at the regular season championship. If the Golden Eagles at least get a split in the two game series, then Shelbyville would definitely be a contender, having split with Columbia and Lincoln Co, the pre-season favorites to win the district. Lawrence Co, starting next week, will play Lincoln Co and the following week will play Columbia and then we'll know more about the Wildcats chances of winning the regular season title. The 8AAA District Tournament will be at Grider Stadium in Tullahoma starting around May 4th.

Don't anyone overlook Coffee Co. They could upset the whole applecart.