what do you think of this jeremy sexton kid from temple

DA BOSS

QUOTE(Pasture @ Feb 20 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826380656[/snapback]If we are just talking single a, then Jeremy won't just be in the mix, he will be on the top of the pile. There will not be any other player in that classification who will be better than him. There are few that are better than him now.

T-Mac, your logic escapes me. Temple has the best single a basket ball team in Chattanooga. How can Dee and Jeremy not be in the mix. Every starter on Temple's team is in the mix.

Is this really about you?

Jeremy is a decent player, but he will not be the best player in Chattanooga next year b/c currently he is benefiting from Seth and Dee. You have to pay most attention to them defensively so Jeremy is able to get a lot of easy matchups. Next year when there are only 2 contributors returning and a brand new coach it will be a different story. You will see him get constantly doubled and as a result have a mediocre year on a mediocre (at best) team.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(govols78 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:28 AM) 826380877[/snapback]Jeremy is a decent player, but he will not be the best player in Chattanooga next year b/c currently he is benefiting from Seth and Dee. You have to pay most attention to them defensively so Jeremy is able to get a lot of easy matchups. Next year when there are only 2 contributors returning and a brand new coach it will be a different story. You will see him get constantly doubled and as a result have a mediocre year on a mediocre (at best) team.

Jeremy is better than "decent". I'm not sure if he will be the "best player" in Chattanooga next year, but he should be one of the top players in the area. As far as match-ups is concerned, he can handle his own against most anyone whether he plays for a great team or a mediocre one. You never know what Temple might have next year for basketball. They just might pick some new players up from somewhere. A lot will depend on who will be coaching them next year.

QUOTE(HoopsterPlaya @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:55 AM) 826380926[/snapback]Jeremy is better than "decent". I'm not sure if he will be the "best player" in Chattanooga next year, but he should be one of the top players in the area. As far as match-ups is concerned, he can handle his own against most anyone whether he plays for a great team or a mediocre one. You never know what Temple might have next year for basketball. They just might pick some new players up from somewhere. A lot will depend on who will be coaching them next year.

I would love to see a list of anyone Temple has coming in next year, where they played this year and a change of address form. Ronnie Carter would like a copy as well.

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:35 AM) 826380792[/snapback]I guess that's why they say "ignorance is bliss".

You are obviously unaware, uneducated, and uniformed.

As Confucius once said, "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

Do you have to be educated to discuss sports. Yes its me again I decided to change my username to a better fit for myself. Believe it or not I am educated and I am now working on my masters. But you may be right because I could have all the education in the world and still be ignorant. Lets just stick to the facts. Sexton is not that good I dont care what class he plays in if you are good you are good. Ive seen Willie Lucas shoot out the best of Howard teams. I saw Temple get blown out by howard this year and they have their entire team coming back with the exception of 2 players that will be replaced. Sexton is no D.Ricks, B.Allen, Oglesby, Benford, the list could go on but I understand you love your school but when you talk bad about the Mac Man you go down. Dee Newsome is not that good either. Skogen is a good football player i will give you that much.

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:21 PM) 826381313[/snapback]Sexton is no D.Ricks, B.Allen, Oglesby, Benford, the list could go on but I understand you love your school but when you talk bad about the Mac Man you go down. Dee Newsome is not that good either. Skogen is a good football player i will give you that much.

As an outsider I have to say you're right, Sexton is not any of those other guys you mention. But I have to say that I've seen all of these guys play and Sexton may not be the best at this time, but I think he has the potential to be one of the best players to come out of Chattanooga. As for Newson, your comments about him are ridiculous Mac Man. Dee is a great player. If you've watched him play on several occassions, as I have, I think your opinion about him would be different. I have to say that Skogen is also a great basektball player. Could it be the reason why he has been nominated the last couple of years for Mr. Basketball? Not to mention the fact that he should have probably won the Mr. Football Award this last year, as well.

QUOTE(takinit2thehoop @ Feb 20 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826381411[/snapback]As an outsider I have to say you're right, Sexton is not any of those other guys you mention. But I have to say that I've seen all of these guys play and Sexton may not be the best at this time, but I think he has the potential to be one of the best players to come out of Chattanooga. As for Newson, your comments about him are ridiculous Mac Man. Dee is a great player. If you've watched him play on several occassions, as I have, I think your opinion about him would be different. I have to say that Skogen is also a great basektball player. Could it be the reason why he has been nominated the last couple of years for Mr. Basketball? Not to mention the fact that he should have probably won the Mr. Football Award this last year, as well.

Point taken! My thing is that we tend to overrate players and this may be one instance because when I saw them play Skogen was the only one who stood out. Ricks is the best player in Chattanooga to me but how often do we hear his name on a thread and he is a junior. Is Temple loosing their coach this year?

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:30 PM) 826381330[/snapback]Why is there so much talk of Jeremy Sexton leaving?

Maybe because the other 4 starters on the team are graduating. From what I've heard he's staying. I expect Temple to get some transfers in to build around him. He'll need plenty of help to beat your Eagles next year!

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Feb 20 2007 - 04:39 PM) 826381446[/snapback]Point taken! My thing is that we tend to overrate players and this may be one instance because when I saw them play Skogen was the only one who stood out. Ricks is the best player in Chattanooga to me but how often do we hear his name on a thread and he is a junior. Is Temple loosing their coach this year?

Maybe Ricks' fans need to get on CoachT and tell us about him.

Temple will have a new coach next year. Coach Skogen is going to resign after head coaching 1 year and winning a state championship!

QUOTE(dadoffour @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:44 PM) 826382116[/snapback]Maybe Ricks' fans need to get on CoachT and tell us about him.

Temple will have a new coach next year. Coach Skogen is going to resign after head coaching 1 year and winning a state championship!

They've gotta win more than the East TN championship to be considered the state champs.

QUOTE(dadoffour @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:44 PM) 826382116[/snapback]Temple will have a new coach next year. Coach Skogen is going to resign after head coaching 1 year and winning a state championship!

Do you really think Temple will win state? You guys were very fortunate to beat Grace last night.

My boi Carter will throw it down on you in the region tourney.

QUOTE(wuzupdoc @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826382589[/snapback]Do you really think Temple will win state? You guys were very fortunate to beat Grace last night.

My boi Carter will throw it down on you in the region tourney.

Your "boi" Carter is averaging 4.6 points per game this year against Temple, he has scored 14 points in 3 games and 10 of those have came from the free throw line. But he is definitely D1, I just wonder if a 6"2 235 lb. kid can shut him down, what's gonna happen when he plays somebody 6"9? Just a thought! If Grace gets back to the Region championship and that is a big if, Temple will blow them out, you can take that to the bank! Temple didn't bring their A game last night and still won by 10! Temple will defeat CSAS in the Region championship!