Top goalkeepers

knoxgk

QUOTE(AstonVillian @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:41 PM) 826406929[/snapback]He is not as good as his resume may seem...my club team beat the Nashville Metros junor team and i know some "close" friends that scored some lackluster goals on him. He has the body and size for a keeper but needs to work on his soccer sense. If he can achieve this he will be great though

the kid is second to none when he is on, which in the past tyler has seemed to have troubles with, but i'v seen him play this year and he seems like a totally different keeper. his resume is impressive and i think his skills back it up. he has my vote for best in the state. especially with the training and experience he's going to recieve this summer with the Metros senior squad. Tyler has a bright future and i'm looking forward to see where he ends up.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to go with my boy Patrick Mclemore from Doyle. Good luck sneaking one passed him, cause this kid's about 6'4" and got reflexes like a cat. Plus he's my cousin...BALLER. Also, B-Walk from bearden is very talented in goal. He's not your average goalie that plays goal because they aren't as good in the field or (fail in the field so to speak)...he obviously didn't resort to goalkeeping cause of lack of soccer skill. i think he is the athletic type that would be useful out in the field as well...and that rarely happenes. good luck to both teams for rest of year. they will meet this friday @ bearden, should be a good one.

QUOTE(Cheamilion @ Apr 24 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826444089[/snapback]Chris Penn was mentioned earlier. I've only saw the guy play one time, and we didn't test him much then. But still, he made some good saves, and i've heard alot about him being good. From what i have saw, which is very limited, he gets my vote.

Brad Gibson from Chattanooga Christian has been a starter since his freshman year and played in the state championship game against CAK that same year and also played in the state last year. He is also having a decent year this year even

thought they lost eight starters due to graduation.

QUOTE(allsoccer @ Apr 24 2007 - 10:43 AM) 826444146[/snapback]Does the goalie from Webb play club? Is he a junior? I hear Derosa had been looked at by some schools, which ones?

Will tonight's game come down to who is the better keeper?

Webb's keeper plays for KFC Fusion. He's come up with some fantastic, game saving stops this year. He's a senior. Also Joey has been playing pretty well this year...he would benefit a lot from getting bigger though; while he is very athletic, he just doesn't have the same physical presence in the box that many of the best keepers do. I still have to give my vote to Walker though and we will see him and Baird from Webb face off Tuesday at Bearden. Both keepers are in top form and it should make for a very exciting game.