Union City Scores 130 in win vs Trenton

QUOTE(Themightymac @ Feb 18 2007 - 05:20 PM) 826377939[/snapback]Closer to WHAT!?! You live in Newbern! Try leavin' from Ridgely

South Fulton would be all right as well..But mighty mac..It would be just as close for you from Ridgely to get to Trenton than Dresden..Take the back road to Newbern..about 20 to 25 minutes ,depending on how you drive..Then about 20 minutes from Newbern to Trenton..You're about 50 minutes or more either way..lol

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Feb 18 2007 - 03:48 PM) 826377825[/snapback]AoC..Wha's happened to Chipper..U.C. did it again and Johnny Utah..Haven't heard from them..Even tree fitty..even though Central is his/her team...

Yeah I've been pretty busy with those Lady Rebels and my Rebel Train!! I might make my way over to Dresden to watch this Union City/Lake Co. Round 3!!...I've seen the first two...I shouldn't miss this one...

QUOTE(mrbigster @ Feb 18 2007 - 03:48 PM) 826377825[/snapback]AoC..Wha's happened to Chipper..U.C. did it again and Johnny Utah..Haven't heard from them..Even tree fitty..even though Central is his/her team...

By the way..How is our distrist site decided?Do the coaches vote..The schools make a bid?I'd like to see it a little closer..like Trenton!

Here I am!!! I have very busy @ work and haven't been able to keep up with much goin on except for Union City. It would be to Union city's advantage to loose in the finals this Tuesday for down the road purposes.

There hasen't been much to talk about as well. Union City is VERY dominate and should have a easy tournament schedule as long as they stay healthy.

We will see what happens. We all know Lake Co. and Humboldt are the ONLY teams that has a shot at beating Union City in the entire SINGLE A ball. Should be interesting. With the Sisco' on the bench, look out all. We aren't going to get out played and coached so it doesn't leave much room for anyone to figure us out. You can' t add any players so we will wear you downnnnnn.......

QUOTE(ucdiditagain @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826378925[/snapback]We all know Lake Co. and Humboldt are the ONLY teams that has a shot at beating Union City in the entire SINGLE A ball. Should be interesting.

Just curious, why do you think that there are "ONLY" 2 teams in single A that has a "shot" at beating UC?

QUOTE(moc3balla @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:41 AM) 826378930[/snapback]Just curious, why do you think that there are "ONLY" 2 teams in single A that has a "shot" at beating UC?

Well sir, to answer you question without becoming to big headed, Union City plays 10 to 15 players, Lake County has come the closes so far to beating Union City from a Single A team stand point and may beat them yet. Anyone from Middle or East Tennessee hasn't seen basketball like this EVER. If you try to sloow the game down we will KILL you or if you try to run with us, you can't find enough oxygen to have on the bench. Humboldt & Lake Co, first Humboldt , they probably have the most talent of any of the ( 3 ) teams but want to play individual basketball. They want to look like a NBA team or player, then Lake County doesn't have the bench that a normal Whitby team has. They ( Lake County ) only plays 6 players.

Bottom line is if Union city makes it to the Sub State and beyond, NO team and I rpeat NO TEAM outside Western Tennessee can play Union City' style of basketball.

QUOTE(ucdiditagain @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826378925[/snapback]Here I am!!! I have very busy @ work and haven't been able to keep up with much goin on except for Union City. It would be to Union city's advantage to loose in the finals this Tuesday for down the road purposes.

There hasen't been much to talk about as well. Union City is VERY dominate and should have a easy tournament schedule as long as they stay healthy.

We will see what happens. We all know Lake Co. and Humboldt are the ONLY teams that has a shot at beating Union City in the entire SINGLE A ball. Should be interesting. With the Sisco' on the bench, look out all. We aren't going to get out played and coached so it doesn't leave much room for anyone to figure us out. You can' t add any players so we will wear you downnnnnn.......

It's not to Union City's advantage to lose......You don't want to break up this momentum...At this time of year you are going to play good teams.....I'm of the belief you don't give ANYBODY hope..If UC were to lose,who's to say the Tornadoes wouldn't then lose in the region finals,go on the road and lose in the sub-state game and this fine seaon be over with??..Losing right now brings the field back to the Tornadoes....If UC goes out tomorrow nite and blows the brakes off the Falcon's,you can almost go ahead and wrap the title up(STATE TITLE).....UC could really make a statement Tuesday nite....You want to be playing your best ball at this point in the season...It would be hard to argue that the Tornadoes are not playing their best ball of the season the last 6 games....They have had everyone healthy the last eight games..They have been able to play 10 players extensively the last 6 and they averaging well over 100 points in those games...I think it was also good for the top two contenders to witness what happened last Saturday nite.....I think it showed those two teams that UC is not playing tight or not to lose..They are on a mission...God help anyone in their way....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 19 2007 - 05:12 PM) 826379658[/snapback]It's not to Union City's advantage to lose......You don't want to break up this momentum...At this time of year you are going to play good teams.....I'm of the belief you don't give ANYBODY hope..If UC were to lose,who's to say the Tornadoes wouldn't then lose in the region finals,go on the road and lose in the sub-state game and this fine seaon be over with??..Losing right now brings the field back to the Tornadoes....If UC goes out tomorrow nite and blows the brakes off the Falcon's,you can almost go ahead and wrap the title up(STATE TITLE).....UC could really make a statement Tuesday nite....You want to be playing your best ball at this point in the season...It would be hard to argue that the Tornadoes are not playing their best ball of the season the last 6 games....They have had everyone healthy the last eight games..They have been able to play 10 players extensively the last 6 and they averaging well over 100 points in those games...I think it was also good for the top two contenders to witness what happened last Saturday nite.....I think it showed those two teams that UC is not playing tight or not to lose..They are on a mission...God help anyone in their way....

This is why I said what I said. If Union city was to finish 2nd in the dist. and Lake County 1st, then Humbolt wins 3rd, Union City would be a shoe in for a regional final against eith Humboldt or Lake Co. barring upsets.

In the region tournament it will be as follows:

Dist. 13 winner Plays Dist 14 4th place

Dist 14 #2 playes Dist 13 #3 place

Dist 14 winner plays Dist #4 place

Dist 13 #2 plays Dist 14 #3 Place.

One team will end up in one end of the bracket ( Either Lake Co. , Union City or Humboldt ) and the other 2 teams left will be in the same bracket. Someone is going to have a cakewalk through one side of the bracket.

QUOTE(ucdiditagain @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:50 PM) 826380149[/snapback]This is why I said what I said. If Union city was to finish 2nd in the dist. and Lake County 1st, then Humbolt wins 3rd, Union City would be a shoe in for a regional final against eith Humboldt or Lake Co. barring upsets.

In the region tournament it will be as follows:

Dist. 13 winner Plays Dist 14 4th place

Dist 14 #2 playes Dist 13 #3 place

Dist 14 winner plays Dist #4 place

Dist 13 #2 plays Dist 14 #3 Place.

One team will end up in one end of the bracket ( Either Lake Co. , Union City or Humboldt ) and the other 2 teams left will be in the same bracket. Someone is going to have a cakewalk through one side of the bracket.

I know what you meant.....Union City went in thru the back door last year to the state tournament..Let's knock the front door off the hinges this year and go into The Boro unblemished in district,region and sub-state ...Union City is the best 1A team in the state..Let's show everyone why...Let those other teams worry about doing this and doing that for seeding purposes..Union City just needs to do what it has been doing...WINNING

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:39 PM) 826377585[/snapback]Bigster...Me and you have a running dialouge pretty much throughout the football and basketball season.....I know you didn't just imply Union City hasn't any class....Union City has been playing freshmen and sophs now since the Gleason massacre in Gleason just after the start of 2007.....Union City's second five would no doubt come in at least 4th place in this district and since those young kids that everyone was clammoring for Sisco to play because of the blowout wins earlier in the season have gotten a chance to play,they also have gotten much better....Those young kid's confidence is thru the roof and they come out firing....When you get down to the 13th,14th and 15th man in a game to start the fourth quarter,you better believe they won't stand around and hold the ball the whole time.....If UC had no class,they could have done what Trenton did last nite and keep their 10 man rotation in and scored 200 points.....

i agree can you imagine the moaning for next year when uc only graduates their one senior