Tennessee High vs. Science Hill

TNtnns_07

QUOTE(TNtnns_07 @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:31 AM) 826380705[/snapback]So does anyone think THS can win against DB also? I think if they play aggressive like they did with SHHS then they could go a long way in regionals. It will be interesting to see how they do.

The Vikings play very fundamental basketball and they are a tough matchup for teams that like to get out and run. 16-17 from the free throw line and only 3 turnovers in the 2nd half will get a lot of wins. On paper if both teams play up to potential, I would give the advantage to the Tribe...but they don't play on paper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826380975[/snapback]So, Wednesday night, not only will DB be fighting against the crowd, they will also, most likely, be fighting against the refs as well. I do not say this to start up a huge debate about refs favoring this team, or that team, but anyone from this area knows that these refs kiss TN High's ###### so they get asked to call the Arby's because they make some really, really good money doing so. By that, I do not mean they "cheat" for one team or another. However, I do know that at least 2 of the refs in this area traveled to the Bahamas with TN High earlier this year, and many more seem to "magically" always call the big games up in Bristol.

Looks like you DB fans are starting to catch on.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826380975[/snapback]If this game was played on a neutral floor, with unbiased refs from out of state, Dobyns-Bennett would win 18 out of 20 times. And I honestly do not believe that is an exageration. DB is clearly the more talented team out of the two. However, talent does not always win out. With that said, TN High will have home-court advantage which has proved to be HUGE in the Big 9. However, in the last 2 years, I would venture to say that no team has a better road record than the Indians.

So, Wednesday night, not only will DB be fighting against the crowd, they will also, most likely, be fighting against the refs as well. I do not say this to start up a huge debate about refs favoring this team, or that team, but anyone from this area knows that these refs kiss TN High's ###### so they get asked to call the Arby's because they make some really, really good money doing so. By that, I do not mean they "cheat" for one team or another. However, I do know that at least 2 of the refs in this area traveled to the Bahamas with TN High earlier this year, and many more seem to "magically" always call the big games up in Bristol.

After saying all of that, I would like to see a good, CLEAN, game that everyone can enjoy. Hopefully it does not come down to a refs whistle that decides the game in the end, because all of the Tri-Cities knows where that will end...

Well the refs will have nothing to do with it because everyone knows Science Hill always gets the calls and Tn High still beat them, but either way they call the game DB will win this one by 10+ they are just way better than any team in the conference. Young will get shut down by throp and I dont know if TN high is as strong as DB. DBs post players play with power and I have yet to see that out of this TN high team. But I hope they prove me wrong and make a great game out of it. Either way its gonna be Science Hill and DB in substate

QUOTE(Cougarfan22 @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:57 PM) 826381156[/snapback]Either way its gonna be Science Hill and DB in substate

Not so fast my friend. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if D-B and SH both win tomorrow night, they will be on the same side of the regional bracket thus making it impossible for both to go to the substate.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:57 PM) 826380382[/snapback]Omar finished with 4 points. Did THS shut him down? I wouldn't go that far, but the Vikings defensive pressure along with limiting Omar's touches prevented him from getting into a rythem. I bet he didn't shoot 6 or 8 times the entire game.

And hes going to Georgetown, but will never see the floor except to practice.

QUOTE(cougarball52 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:09 AM) 826380838[/snapback]Scoring 30-40 points as a team isn't what most people call scoring at will.

I think you need a little refresher cougarball52...

Tue Dec. 19 2006 THS-52, Sullivan Central-32

Fri Feb. 2 2007 THS-53, Sullivan Central-49

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:26 PM) 826381217[/snapback]Not so fast my friend. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if D-B and SH both win tomorrow night, they will be on the same side of the regional bracket thus making it impossible for both to go to the substate.

Unless something has changed, it's 1 (Big 9) vs 4 (IMAC) and 2 (IMAC) vs 3 (Big 9) in the same bracket...somebody is going to the house early...

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826380975[/snapback]If this game was played on a neutral floor, with unbiased refs from out of state, Dobyns-Bennett would win 18 out of 20 times. And I honestly do not believe that is an exageration. DB is clearly the more talented team out of the two. However, talent does not always win out. With that said, TN High will have home-court advantage which has proved to be HUGE in the Big 9. However, in the last 2 years, I would venture to say that no team has a better road record than the Indians.

So, Wednesday night, not only will DB be fighting against the crowd, they will also, most likely, be fighting against the refs as well. I do not say this to start up a huge debate about refs favoring this team, or that team, but anyone from this area knows that these refs kiss TN High's ###### so they get asked to call the Arby's because they make some really, really good money doing so. By that, I do not mean they "cheat" for one team or another. However, I do know that at least 2 of the refs in this area traveled to the Bahamas with TN High earlier this year, and many more seem to "magically" always call the big games up in Bristol.

After saying all of that, I would like to see a good, CLEAN, game that everyone can enjoy. Hopefully it does not come down to a refs whistle that decides the game in the end, because all of the Tri-Cities knows where that will end...

This is a new approach for you billybob…laying out your excuses before the game. That’s ingenious! Do you really think your team or coach would appreciate you using the referees as an excuse for them?

Cougarball52….I found you one !! Billybob has got to be a Central fan posing as a DB faithful! Because a true DB fan would never start making excuses for his team before the game is played.

QUOTE(GotSpeed @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826381269[/snapback]:thumb: And hes going to Georgetown, but will never see the floor except to practice.

Yea your probably right…the Georgetown scouting staff throw away FULL SCHOLARSHIPS to beef up their practice squad every year.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:44 PM) 826381357[/snapback]This is a new approach for you billybob…laying out your excuses before the game. That’s ingenious! Do you really think your team or coach would appreciate you using the referees as an excuse for them?

Pretty sure I have heard coaches say those same words about teams playing TN High.