Tennessee High vs. Science Hill

TNtnns_07

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:44 PM) 826381357[/snapback]This is a new approach for you billybob…laying out your excuses before the game. That’s ingenious! Do you really think your team or coach would appreciate you using the referees as an excuse for them?

Cougarball52….I found you one !! Billybob has got to be a Central fan posing as a DB faithful! Because a true DB fan would never start making excuses for his team before the game is played.

First of all, I wasn't making excuses, because DB will win this game regardless. Simply stating a fact on here that everyone in Tri-Cities seems to recognize except the TN High fans. In fact, I bet you (Cap1) are probably on a first-name basis with the 2 or 3 refs I am referring to!

Just for the record though, I am not making excuses. I do not do that. I simply state facts. I have maintained my position that DB should have only 1 conference loss, that being the home loss to Central by 20 points. The South loss should have CLEARLY never happened because they are a HORRIBLE team, and the TN High loss should have never happened because we had a night where we put up 35 points and lost by 1 point. The Central loss was simply an ambush. It happened to be a night when Central was hitting everything they shot and DB did not play as a team.

However, different story, different "season". Coty is back, and this is a new team. Be ready Bristol because the Champs-to-be are coming to town!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 20 2007 - 06:51 PM) 826381616[/snapback]First of all, I wasn't making excuses, because DB will win this game regardless. Simply stating a fact on here that everyone in Tri-Cities seems to recognize except the TN High fans. In fact, I bet you (Cap1) are probably on a first-name basis with the 2 or 3 refs I am referring to!

Just for the record though, I am not making excuses. I do not do that. I simply state facts. I have maintained my position that DB should have only 1 conference loss, that being the home loss to Central by 20 points. The South loss should have CLEARLY never happened because they are a HORRIBLE team, and the TN High loss should have never happened because we had a night where we put up 35 points and lost by 1 point. The Central loss was simply an ambush. It happened to be a night when Central was hitting everything they shot and DB did not play as a team.

However, different story, different "season". Coty is back, and this is a new team. Be ready Bristol because the Champs-to-be are coming to town!!

I was at the Central-DB game earlier this year and there is simply NO excuse for DB getting pounded that night. I had to cover my eyes a few times actually. I don't think DB had one good thing going for them that night. I hate to say it Bob but you're making excuses. That was 2 months ago, DB has progressed A LOT throughout the season and I have no doubt in my mind that they will win this championship game tomorrow night. You know what though? They deserve it. However along with a number of you folks I'm concerened about the reffing situation we might have tomorrow night, ESPECIALLY when you are dealing with the WORST team in the area known for ref-homecourt-favoritism. Tennessee High refs are horrible for being partial to their Vikings. I bet they will all have their I LOVE MY VIKINGS shirts on under their stripes! We'll see!

QUOTE(HShoopsfan @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:07 PM) 826381852[/snapback]I was at the Central-DB game earlier this year and there is simply NO excuse for DB getting pounded that night. I had to cover my eyes a few times actually. I don't think DB had one good thing going for them that night. I hate to say it Bob but you're making excuses. That was 2 months ago, DB has progressed A LOT throughout the season and I have no doubt in my mind that they will win this championship game tomorrow night. You know what though? They deserve it. However along with a number of you folks I'm concerened about the reffing situation we might have tomorrow night, ESPECIALLY when you are dealing with the WORST team in the area known for ref-homecourt-favoritism. Tennessee High refs are horrible for being partial to their Vikings. I bet they will all have their I LOVE MY VIKINGS shirts on under their stripes! We'll see!

Enough already with the excuses !!!! Common sense should tell you that every fan thinks the refs call against their team and the Vikings are no exception. And your comment that DB some how deserves the District Championship is ludicrous. What would lead you to think that DB somehow deserves to win the District title more than any other team in the conference? I have an idea...why don't we let the two teams suit up and play the game to decide who deserves it the most on the court. You know, the old fashion way they use to decide the winner of a competition before we had coacht. Then if your Indians should happen not to come out on top you can blame the refs, or your coach, or whatever excuse you would like to use.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:42 AM) 826382260[/snapback]Enough already with the excuses !!!! Common sense should tell you that every fan thinks the refs call against their team and the Vikings are no exception. And your comment that DB some how deserves the District Championship is ludicrous. What would lead you to think that DB somehow deserves to win the District title more than any other team in the conference? I have an idea...why don't we let the two teams suit up and play the game to decide who deserves it the most on the court. You know, the old fashion way they use to decide the winner of a competition before we had coacht. Then if your Indians should happen not to come out on top you can blame the refs, or your coach, or whatever excuse you would like to use.

We won't be the ones making excuses after the game is over. And just for the record, after DB wins Wednesday night, I will still be on here talking about the referees if they called a bad game. In this area, they are ridiculously bad, especially at TN High.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826380975[/snapback]If this game was played on a neutral floor, with unbiased refs from out of state, Dobyns-Bennett would win 18 out of 20 times. And I honestly do not believe that is an exageration. DB is clearly the more talented team out of the two. However, talent does not always win out. With that said, TN High will have home-court advantage which has proved to be HUGE in the Big 9. However, in the last 2 years, I would venture to say that no team has a better road record than the Indians.

So, Wednesday night, not only will DB be fighting against the crowd, they will also, most likely, be fighting against the refs as well. I do not say this to start up a huge debate about refs favoring this team, or that team, but anyone from this area knows that these refs kiss TN High's ###### so they get asked to call the Arby's because they make some really, really good money doing so. By that, I do not mean they "cheat" for one team or another. However, I do know that at least 2 of the refs in this area traveled to the Bahamas with TN High earlier this year, and many more seem to "magically" always call the big games up in Bristol.

After saying all of that, I would like to see a good, CLEAN, game that everyone can enjoy. Hopefully it does not come down to a refs whistle that decides the game in the end, because all of the Tri-Cities knows where that will end...

Actually refs go to the Bahamas every year and there is always more than 1 team from the area that goes. So before you start that debate you might wanna get the facts. Science Hill is a regular on that trip as well.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:11 PM) 826381192[/snapback]Last game out I think Sylvester was on Young and the Sophs battled it out.

Thats my point, why in the world would they sophs battle it out. Didnt Sylvester put up 26?

QUOTE(VolmanScott @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826381217[/snapback]Not so fast my friend. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if D-B and SH both win tomorrow night, they will be on the same side of the regional bracket thus making it impossible for both to go to the substate.

Im thinking an upset might just happen between Volunteer and Science Hill. Volunteer is a very well coached team that can light it up if they are on.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:42 AM) 826382260[/snapback]Enough already with the excuses !!!! Common sense should tell you that every fan thinks the refs call against their team and the Vikings are no exception. And your comment that DB some how deserves the District Championship is ludicrous. What would lead you to think that DB somehow deserves to win the District title more than any other team in the conference? I have an idea...why don't we let the two teams suit up and play the game to decide who deserves it the most on the court. You know, the old fashion way they use to decide the winner of a competition before we had coacht. Then if your Indians should happen not to come out on top you can blame the refs, or your coach, or whatever excuse you would like to use.

Whether you like it or not Cap, everyone around the Tri-Cities knows how bias and partial the Tennessee High refs are to their Vikings. There's just no way around it. Sorry. I still think the Indians will come up with the win. It's my opinion and hey I can admit I've been wrong before. We'll seeeee!

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:53 AM) 826382277[/snapback]We won't be the ones making excuses after the game is over. And just for the record, after DB wins Wednesday night, I will still be on here talking about the referees if they called a bad game. In this area, they are ridiculously bad, especially at TN High.

Whatever clown...so what you’re basically saying is that if the Vikings somehow pull the upset, it will no doubt be because the referees cheated. I don't know how to respond to such a loser mentality other than to say that I have too much respect for my team and the Viking program than to come on here and pave the way with excuses...just incase my team losses. We also played the same Volunteer team that you DB faithful are whining about and you didn't and won't see us coming on here crying about getting ruffed up. I have to say that from hearing all the sissified comments on here from you guys makes it hard to respect your program even with the great athletes and tradition that goes with DB. You lose a couple of games and right off the bat your coach somehow doesn't know what he's doing. A player comes back to the team and somehow he's treated like the messiah instead of giving credit to the coaching staff and the rest of the team that have been in this fight from day one. And that's just a couple of examples. Now I know that this shoe doesn't fit all of the DB faithful...but just like Cinderella the ones it does fit know it. I guess that's the down side to coacht, you always have the outspoken, out of control, big mouths flying the colors for your team. But this is obviously how the DB fans are thinking (concerning this referee conspiracy) because I haven’t heard anything to the contrary. Are you all so shallow minded as to think that THS has some kind of conspiracy over the officials, and have them all showing favoritism so that they can go to the Bahamas’s and work the Arby’s?

For those of you that are that shallow minded…here is a news flash. This year was the last time THS will be going to the Bahamas’s for that tournament. The Arby’s classic is coach Dale Burns’ baby. He still controls practically every aspect of that tournament including hiring the AGENCY that provides the officials. Last I checked…he has been the big dawg at King College for a year now. And although I know he wishes no ill will toward the Vikings, he certainly isn’t going to purposely do something to tip the playing field in their favor…if you know what I mean. So what’s your excuse now…clowns!

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826382879[/snapback]We also played the same Volunteer team that you DB faithful are whining about and you didn't and won't see us coming on here crying about getting ruffed up.

I'll give you 2 reasons why that may be....66-57 and 49-47 both losses to Volunteer.

But I will have to say it didn't appear the were biased toward TN High after seeing Science Hill bounce the ball over the backboard last night and the refs gave the Toppers the ball out of bounds there end

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826382879[/snapback]...so what you’re basically saying is that if the Vikings somehow pull the upset, it will no doubt be because the referees cheated.

Not sure where the DB fans are thinking this is a win in the bag after watching the poor shooting by the Tribe Monday and watching the Vikings play lights out...16-17 from the free throw line and only 3 2nd half turnovers against the Science Hill press! And after watching the previous game at Viking Hall between the 2 that was nip and tuck all the way...if TN High makes there free throws that night it could have been a different outcome....so lets play the game and see what happens...hey there's a novel idea

Cap,

Congratulations on what has thusfar been a great year for the Vikings. I feel the same about the Indians. Neither game between the two this year has been decided by a referee and don't expect that to be the determining factor tonight. Two really good teams, two really good coaching staffs, two really good groups of fans, one really good location...and it's for a championship trophy...I'd say that's really good...not controversial, just real good...win or lose there is another day (at home)...

Best of luck to you and yours, tonight and on down the road...

Roll Tribe Roll