Best AAA Tennis Team

Tennessee3

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tennisplaya @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826438983[/snapback]Does Ben Way even have a southern (or state for the matter) ranking, i havent even heard of him? Same with Elijah?

Im sure they both have low southern rankings (around 1000) and lower state rankings. But having a ranking has nothing to do with how good they are. I mean sure you can gauge alot of players by high rankings, but there are many unknown descent players who arnt ranked. Way and hankins are great in doubles from what i've seen. And I think they both work out together on there game and have both come along long way. Way went 4,4 with rodgers in there challenge match, and 3,4 with maloy, and Hankins and way have split 3 times in all there matches.

QUOTE(tennisplaya @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826438983[/snapback]Does Ben Way even have a southern (or state for the matter) ranking, i havent even heard of him? Same with Elijah?

ANd hankins moved from virginia, Picking him up was great. I think SHHS GETS UPSET TOMORROW>

QUOTE(tennisplaya @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:34 PM) 826438998[/snapback]Rankings show experience. Without them players are nothing. So YES rankings do have somehting to do with how good players are. There's a reason Bo is ranked #1 in the south. He just wasnt put there.

Hes #1 in the nation idiot, well #2 recently. And they do show when your higher, but tons of people who dont travel alot to play tournaments can still be just as good. True there are alot of bad ones. But THHS, i mean your 2h on both side dude is really slaw. I dont see him winning more than 4 games.

Bottom line: the more matches you play, the better you will be in clutch situations. Rankings don't make a HUGE difference but when you play a lot of tournament matches you are more mentally tough.

Pit two players that are around the same level against each other, and the one with more tournament experience will win

QUOTE(nation_supp89 @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:42 PM) 826439015[/snapback]Bottom line: the more matches you play, the better you will be in clutch situations. Rankings don't make a HUGE difference but when you play a lot of tournament matches you are more mentally tough.

Pit two players that are around the same level against each other, and the one with more tournament experience will win

Say Way has worked hard enough to be a few levels above tidwell, and has quite a bit of match experience, but a few less matches, then what?

QUOTE(nation_supp89 @ Apr 16 2007 - 09:48 PM) 826439098[/snapback]If Way beats Tidwell, he should be ahead of tidwell. What number does Tidwell play

Way plays for DB. Hes not ahead of him. Just saying i think way has improved enough to beat Tidwell. and give alexander greer a run for his money today.